Page 341 of 668 FirstFirst ... 241291316331338339340341342343344351366391441 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,115 of 10011

• Toad Hall

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker 12

Quote Originally Posted by ni_teach View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. Based on all the information so far the ride starts out with two cars in single file, one behind the other. and then split side by side just before they go outside to race. That turntable in the middle of the building just seems oddly placed.
    I think the turntable in the middle is actually for backstage storage of the vehicles and you actually only see the track on the right and the track on the left is for storage and the turntables are to switch so they can bring new cars in and out for storage
    <font size=4> </font>

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by WildForMrToad View Post
    I think the turntable in the middle is actually for backstage storage of the vehicles and you actually only see the track on the right and the track on the left is for storage and the turntables are to switch so they can bring new cars in and out for storage
    The pretzel kind of stuff on the left is the maintenance. I believe they are talking about the switch near the center of the showbuilding on the large loop. That looks to just be a bypass if its needed. Maybe they built in a B-mode if the indoor section needs to be taken out of the show.. or simply bypass all that track.

The normal show should enter the building, turn right at the first switch, go around the big loop (which is where the sheriff, mack, and the cows are) then turn back towards the right in that picture.. which is where you enter radiator springs.. go down mainstreet.. and then hit the switch that takes you into either luiguis or ramones.. and then line up for the race at the side by side and head out into the valley.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Lion

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    Assuming this art is still legit, I think it confirms guests will load as others are unloading.
    Yes, I believe that the load/unload scheme will be very similar to TSMM. You will load on the right side of the track and exit on the left side, go up stairs and over a bridge, then back down on the other side.

• All-American

Quote Originally Posted by WildForMrToad View Post
    Can someone explain what this map is of, it seems to be like walking paths and not in the ride itself. I cant seem to point out what this is, Please help!!!

After looking at a much larger version (here's a direct link), I noticed that the "key plan" in the upper-left corner makes it look like this map fits into somewhere in the actual land, more specifically in the rockwork near RSR itself. Is it possible that this is part of the queue or unloading for RSR? Note that Tail Light Caverns is there on the left.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkTwain View Post
    After looking at a much larger version (here's a direct link), I noticed that the "key plan" in the upper-left corner makes it look like this map fits into somewhere in the actual land, more specifically in the rockwork near RSR itself. Is it possible that this is part of the queue or unloading for RSR? Note that Tail Light Caverns is there on the left.
    Based on the key plan, that's right where the queue/load/unload area is. The small buildings of the queue are part of Stanley's Oasis. The load/unload is basically in a cave/cavern. And the Tail Light Caverns is right before the unload. Additionally, the star on the main map is right at the unload area. As far as I know, we don't yet know what we'll see in the short underground section before the finish line. It's likely some cavern scene. So, it all really fits as a backstory for Stanley's Oasis and the caverns.

• Lion

Based on the key plan, that's right where the queue/load/unload area is. The small buildings of the queue are part of Stanley's Oasis. The load/unload is basically in a cave/cavern. And the Tail Light Caverns is right before the unload. Additionally, the star on the main map is right at the unload area. As far as I know, we don't yet know what we'll see in the short underground section before the finish line. It's likely some cavern scene. So, it all really fits as a backstory for Stanley's Oasis and the caverns.
    Yeah, that's basically it. There's no extensive underground caverns. The map is an expansion to flesh out what's actually there. I know people might be getting their hopes up for some kind of fancy walk-through element of the caverns as part of the queue, but there just isn't anything more to it.Again, it's no different than Star Tours (v1) advertising Endor as your destination and never arriving there, or Indy having supposedly 3 different chamber doors you can pass through even though the ride track is the same. It's part of fleshing out a concept, even if it's part of the land that doesn't exist or you'll never see.The Tail Light Caverns scene at the end of RSR is very small (relatively speaking). It's a hint that there's a much deeper cavern beneath the mountains, but you don't actually get to see it. The intent would be that perhaps that area is the entrance to an intricate cavern system you never see.The red boxed area is pretty much the extent of the final scene, with the red circle being the majority of Tail Light Caverns. Lots of forced perspective, for the most part, hinting at a greater system of caverns that you never see. That's what the map is intended to suggest.
    Last edited by simba; 03-03-2012 at 01:23 AM.

• Become part of MY world!

Speaking of caverns, has anyone seen this layout? Looks like early plans had a small cave from PP to Carsland! Too bad this didn't get fleshed out like Baloo's idea. I think it really would have been great and nice little shortcut!

Poor unfortunate Souls.

• Parmageddon Jim

Re: "Chili 'Cone' Carne," see "Handwich."
    So full of Disney Magic, my eyes are blue.

There was no evidence during construction and nothing in the blueprints that shows anything like this at all. The only thing that will be in the RSR attraction is tail light caverns, at the end of the ride, which shows on this map.

My guess is that this map might hang in one of the "original town" buildings that make up the queue as a sort of backstory. Then you'll see the tail light caverns on the ride and make the connection.

Name:  keyplanoverlap.jpg
Views: 1663
Size:  219.0 KB

Name:  2cavesoverlap.jpg
Views: 1658
Size:  207.1 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by Ursulalvr View Post
    Speaking of caverns, has anyone seen this layout? Looks like early plans had a small cave from PP to Carsland! Too bad this didn't get fleshed out like Baloo's idea. I think it really would have been great and nice little shortcut
    Note that is the 'Carland' concept.. before they switched to Cars. Certainly fun thinking.. but I'm more impressed by the size and complexity of the ride proposed in that concept
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Loved by God

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    The pretzel kind of stuff on the left is the maintenance. I believe they are talking about the switch near the center of the showbuilding on the large loop. That looks to just be a bypass if its needed. Maybe they built in a B-mode if the indoor section needs to be taken out of the show.. or simply bypass all that track.
    This is how I interpreted the layout as well. Why not take the time to plan for multiple scenarios to keep the ride operational as much as possible? No need to shut down the entire ride if one part of a show scene is down. Just bypass and keep going.
    Fantasmic! Construction Pictures - http://bear-ytales.blogspot.com/2010...fantasmic.html
    Indiana Jones Adventure Construction Pictures - http://bear-ytales.blogspot.com/2010...adventure.html

• LOL!!!!!!! (MC teen joke)

DisneyGeek has a new update.
    The Original Teen Scene of MiceChat:
    fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
    JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter

• Minion

Some pics from today:

IMG_6699 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_6701 by socal_ron, on Flickr

Red light on at the fire station:

IMG_6704 by socal_ron, on Flickr

---------- Post added 03-03-2012 at 11:05 PM ----------

Fillmore's sign:

IMG_6707 by socal_ron, on Flickr

I had fun with the model today, kept finding new things I didn't know about. the other side of Flo's:

IMG_6708 by socal_ron, on Flickr

The building nest to Luigi's:

IMG_6709 by socal_ron, on Flickr

The walkways with benches between Sarge's and Doc's:

IMG_6711 by socal_ron, on Flickr

How the maintenance access relates to the track:

IMG_6714 by socal_ron, on Flickr

Hairy Baby!

I wonder when we'll start seeing the waterfall being tested.

• Minion

Some of the stuff along the banks of GRR has been marked:

IMG_6636 by socal_ron, on Flickr

---------- Post added 03-04-2012 at 12:11 AM ----------

They are doing a great job of aging Mater's shack:

IMG_6635 by socal_ron, on Flickr

---------- Post added 03-04-2012 at 12:18 AM ----------

They started refilling GRR today,but I don't know howmuch they are going to fill at this point since they are still working on it:

IMG_6627 by socal_ron, on Flickr

---------- Post added 03-04-2012 at 12:19 AM ----------

IMG_6626 by socal_ron, on Flickr

---------- Post added 03-04-2012 at 12:26 AM ----------

In case you were wondering, the water gurgles up here:

IMG_6623 by socal_ron, on Flickr[COLOR="#8b0000"]

IMG_6616 by socal_ron, on Flickr
    Last edited by Ron W; 03-04-2012 at 12:36 AM.

Hairy Baby!