Page 351 of 668 FirstFirst ... 251301326341348349350351352353354361376401451 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,265 of 10011

• Future Imagineer

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker 12

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco21 View Post
    ^^Agreed! As boring as the bumper cars in bugs land are these look pretty boring in comparison. Sure hovering is fun but if the top speed of them is 1 mile per minute then it's not going to be much of a "attraction."
    Disagree. You guys are making inaccurate assumptions about a ride you haven't even been on yet. These are testing videos and aren't the actual/fully complete experience that you will get on or off the ride. There are some testing videos showing MJJ going more faster the this video shows and LFT will allow you to control your own experience, so it doesn't matter how fast it actually goes.

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

The footage of the Flying Tires on the new video is the same footage of the ride released weeks ago on the Parks blog when Lasseter and his family rode it which was the very beginning of testing for the ride. Same with the footage for Mater's. Currently, they're still adding many more tires to the Flying Tires "rink" and the cars at Mater's are covered as they paint some more and add more themed elements.

• Insomniac

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
    1 mile per minute is pretty fast, actually.
    Woops! I meant 1 mile per hour haha...
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by Right Ear View Post
    Disagree. You guys are making inaccurate assumptions about a ride you haven't even been on yet. These are testing videos and aren't the actual/fully complete experience that you will get on or off the ride. There are some testing videos showing MJJ going more faster the this video shows and LFT will allow you to control your own experience, so it doesn't matter how fast it actually goes.
    We haven't seen mater go fast at all - maybe you could link the video you are referencing

And speed does mater on lugi.. regardless of you being in control. You can be in control and be bored out of your mind at the same time if what you are controlling is no fun.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Parmageddon Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    No I agree with you, I just wonder if Slim and Esther from Montana would actually notice the transitions.
    Well, Slim probably would, she does lighting design for her community theater. Esther, probably not. He drinks.
    So full of Disney Magic, my eyes are blue.

• Lion

Ultimately I think that Mater's and Luigi's will end up appealing to the younger set more than anything. Not that they won't be fun to try once, but like Dumbo or Astro Orbiter, there's really not much to write home about. They're beautifully themed, somewhat unique, and will add a lot of energy to the land, that's for sure. And I think kids will enjoy them a lot, and their parents will enjoy it because their young children enjoy it.

I will also say, however, that sometimes an attraction that doesn't look like much ends up being a lot more fun than it looks. Goofy's Sky School is an example of something that looks like it's almost boring but turns out to be rather enjoyable for what it is.

Name:  acgcw3.jpg
Views: 812
Size:  87.7 KB

Can anyone explain to me why the back side of the wheels for the vehicles for RSR look like that? Do they sort of spring up and cause a hydraulic effect whenever there is a hill like Indy or was it just designed that way, sorry if I am not clear.

• Lion

Quote Originally Posted by micky90 View Post
    Name:  acgcw3.jpg
Views: 812
Size:  87.7 KB

Can anyone explain to me why the back side of the wheels for the vehicles for RSR look like that? Do they sort of spring up and cause a hydraulic effect whenever there is a hill like Indy or was it just designed that way, sorry if I am not clear.
    The back end of the vehicle can articulate, meaning that it can turn/pivot independently of the front end. It allows the vehicle to take sharper corners.

• Loved by God

Quote Originally Posted by simba View Post
    They're beautifully themed, somewhat unique, and will add a lot of energy to the land, that's for sure. And I think kids will enjoy them a lot, and their parents will enjoy it because their young children enjoy it.
    As a parent with a young child and one more on the way, I can attest to how much enjoyment is found by watching your kids enjoy an attraction. It's more than I ever could have imagined before having kids. I'm personally excited for both Mater's and Luigi's. My excitement for Mater's will wear soon because of the type of attraction it is (not a knock on the attraction, it just is what it is), but riding it with my kids will keep the "fun" factor up for years. I can't wait for Luigi's because of the historical link to the Flying Saucers. Even without kids, I think I would love watching and riding for a long time. Add kids to the mix, and I know this will be a family favorite of ours.

A mix of attractions is exactly that...a mix. Everyone will pick and choose their favorites, and those with different family dynamics will enjoy one over the others based on their individual tastes. I firmly believe the land as a whole will settle in nicely and become a very special place with a lot of fun for everyone.
    Fantasmic! Construction Pictures - http://bear-ytales.blogspot.com/2010...fantasmic.html
    Indiana Jones Adventure Construction Pictures - http://bear-ytales.blogspot.com/2010...adventure.html

Quote Originally Posted by Right Ear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    We haven't seen mater go fast at all - maybe you could link the video you are referencing

And speed does mater on lugi.. regardless of you being in control. You can be in control and be bored out of your mind at the same time if what you are controlling is no fun.
    I think there is some confusion because of how the DisneyParks videos are produced. Scenes speed up and slow down for artistic effect.

I agree that MJJ and LFT are shown at slower testing speeds. When I saw some videos I thought they showed the rides going at full speed or very slow until I realized its just sped up or slowed artificially. If you watch some of the recent videos closely, you'll see what I mean.

For example, in this video some scenes are sped up, some are normal: John Lasseter Tests Luigi

• Future Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post

And speed does mater on Luigi.. regardless of you being in control. You can be in control and be bored out of your mind at the same time if what you are controlling is no fun.
    With respect to your opinion, speed matters in SOME cases (Ex: Matterhorn, BTMRR, CS, etc), but for MJJ it's the thrill of being whipped from side to side and Luigi's it is the fact you are actually HOVERING and can drive a tire (where else can you do that) that matters. Also, they have to make sure you don't go too fast to the point of it hurting guests.

Some videos that may/may not show a faster speed than in the Parks Blog video:
    Over the Wall: Carsland- Mater's Junkyard Jamboree - YouTube
    DCA: Mater's Junkyard Jamboree Ride Testing - YouTube
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYhUSZKjQL8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH0BJmI65kM

Also, how are hovering bumper cars boring and no fun?
    Last edited by Right Ear; 03-08-2012 at 07:29 AM.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by simba View Post
    Ultimately I think that Mater's and Luigi's will end up appealing to the younger set more than anything. Not that they won't be fun to try once, but like Dumbo or Astro Orbiter, there's really not much to write home about. They're beautifully themed, somewhat unique, and will add a lot of energy to the land, that's for sure. And I think kids will enjoy them a lot, and their parents will enjoy it because their young children enjoy it.
    I get that.. but imagine what the price tag is for lugis! And all the references to the original saucers which were much more fun and not just 'exciting for a toddler' kind of expectation setting. It could go down as one of the worst investments... we'll have to see.

Quote Originally Posted by mcstewart37 View Post
    I agree that MJJ and LFT are shown at slower testing speeds. When I saw some videos I thought they showed the rides going at full speed or very slow until I realized its just sped up or slowed artificially. If you watch some of the recent videos closely, you'll see what I mean.
    This was done more with lugis - scenes there were blatantly sped up for just what they are trying to show in the video in many segments seen. But we've also seen segments not sped up, and the scene we saw with the CEO and stags on a table FULL of tires I wager was regular show speed. When it comes to mater's though, we've seen mainly the same videos over and over and to my recollection.. mostly at same speed. Speeds I hope are testing only.. but we haven't seen much else. Certainly nothing to suggest speed.. or even close to other whip rides.

But to your post.. I knew this.. and I wanted to see if Right Ear knew this when viewing the videos he/she is basing their opinion on.

Am I evil? yes, I am

Update on the second red car trolley (#623).

Apparently they went with a brighter shade of red than what was shown in the concept art that was in the BSC. It won't be the rust color shown but close to the same red as the trolley shown in the video. The only accent color will be the green window frames (no orange stripes/doors like on the first trolley).

And I agree, I'm not really liking the "bumpers" they had to add on each end of the trolley.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by RightTurnClyde View Post
    And I agree, I'm not really liking the "bumpers" they had to add on each end of the trolley.
    Not just the ends.. they enclosed the entire undercarriage all along the sides too. The irony is, the concept art is shown of the original is shown in the video RIGHT BEFORE they show the final version and the difference is stark.

For me it really makes me go 'ew' because now it makes it look like modern electric light rail or street trams. It's a damn shame they weren't able to put an authentic look into park operation

Am I evil? yes, I am

• Toad Hall

Does anybody else think that LFT will break down quite often?

Also I must say that I think MJJ will be hit once it opens and will be a lot more fun than people really think it will be!
    <font size=4> </font>