Page 388 of 668 FirstFirst ... 288338363378385386387388389390391398413438488 ... LastLast
Results 5,806 to 5,820 of 10011

• Disneyman

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker 12

Quote Originally Posted by simba View Post
    Those poles without parade lights won't be getting parade lights - those poles are just for the overhead trolley wires to be installed on. Those lights on the roof of the Carthay may very well be parade lights, ones that telescope upwards for the parade then lower back down after its over. Main St at DL already has those. The lights don't look like they're for the Carthay tower, since they don't appear to be pointing towards it, but that could just be the perspective.
    It could also be that they're for the Carthay, but they're just not installed yet. Perhaps they're just sitting up there for the time being. ?? Just a thought.
    "It's fun to do the impossible." ~Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    Would you like to tackle morphing Macro's panoramic photos? There wouldn't be much distortion because they were all taken from the same exact spot. But it would be cool to see the whole range of Cars Land morph.
    Consider it done!

This can only be appreciated in "full screen" mode and HD, and even then it's a bit hard to see the changes. Cars Land (Panoramic edition) - YouTube

It's funny, but I think it's more fun to watch when the camera-position differs from pic to pic (ref "The Carthay Circle Theatre"-film) - it get's a very nice 3D-effect, but it's a lot harder to work with morhing them together, believe me!

Anyways - enjoy!OBE

• Banned User

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Quote Originally Posted by brenden View Post
    More like hideous...
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

Quote Originally Posted by OldBlueEyes View Post
    Consider it done!

This can only be appreciated in "full screen" mode and HD, and even then it's a bit hard to see the changes. Cars Land (Panoramic edition) - YouTube

It's funny, but I think it's more fun to watch when the camera-position differs from pic to pic (ref "The Carthay Circle Theatre"-film) - it get's a very nice 3D-effect, but it's a lot harder to work with morhing them together, believe me!

Anyways - enjoy!OBE
    That was fast, great job! But I agree with you, the more dynamic photo changes give a more interesting feel to the video. Still amazing!

Having dates on the video would be helpful

Wow... It's a shame. I know people may have been sick of ElecTRONica, but even as someone who wasn't a huge fan of the film(s), I enjoyed the sort of serious tone to event. Especially walking down Hollywood Blvd., the perpetual vibrating bass undertone, the flashing lights and electronic noises, and the deep, dark projections... I just thought it all resonated well.

Mad T Party seems reduced to a black light wannabe "cool, hipster" event. Almost "Hot Topic" in origin, and definitely not as attractive. Was Alice in Wonderland even an overly-successful film critically or with fans? I heard a lot of claims of mediocrity in story, characters, etc. At least the ElecTRONica overlay felt natural, whereas this feels a little forced... I'll miss the atmosphere of ElecTRONica. I think that it could've stayed, even with a more generic identity.
    I believe I chose the life of a tomb raider, because
    I'm addicted to the excitement that comes when life hangs in the balance.
    Famous last words.

• Still lost in Neverland

Sad Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker 12

Glow Fest was better than either EleTRONica or this T thing. Glow Fest was a natural show that did not rely on some old movie to endlessly plug. Glow Fest had club dancng but it had heart and everybody was smiling and either dancing in the street with the Club Kids or watching entire families dancing together.

ElecTRONics was serious all right and down right boring. Nobody seemed happy just "programs" moving around in the tight area that was allotted. I went once, mostly to see the 3-D trailer and then walk around (which was very hard to do wth all the people mashed together) and that was enough. Glad to see it go. It was dark and gloomy and so was the "music".

Not happy to see Alice's "T" Party come in. Looks silly and forced with really bad and to be honest, silly costumes. I think the music will not be my choice, but I will probably go once to see/hear it for myself. It it's what I think it will be, then that will the one and only time. If it's better than I am thinking, then I will go back, but that seems very doubtful.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Minion

The Mad T Party just looks awful. It's like if Hot Topic gained sentience and manifested itself into various human forms to conquer the world of man.

ElecTRONica actually went and basically brought the programs out of the movie and into the park, but this is just ugly looking.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Yikes.

"This one knows how to keep you hoppin’ with rockin’ remixes … and all the latest party hits! Get ready to meet … the White Rabbit DJ!"

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
    It does look a bit like Maleficent but I think that's a bit of a stretch. Dragons weren't an unusual decorative piece in wrought iron back in that time. The logo for ToT in DHS at WDW to see dragons use decoratively in this time period style as well. I believe this building is actually the side entrance into Trolley Treats, which may explain the more fantastical decorative elements, pairs well with Big Rock Candy Mountain model going into one of the store display windows. All I know is BVS is really shaping up beautifully, better than expected. The more roof tiles, decorative elements, landscaping, and building textures added, the more it is coming together and looking spectacular. This entrance is sure to be a gem, at least in my eyes. Love the time and place the land is themed to as I've always wanted to experience that time and place.

Oh, and the wrought iron on this building, including the little dragon element WAS present in the elevation art. Pretty good stuff! Not exact, but pretty darn close!

http://mintcrocodile.smugmug.com/pho...-K739w8w-O.jpg
    http://mintcrocodile.smugmug.com/pho...-NWCST97-O.jpg
    Thank you- I stand corrected. I had only looked at the bottom picture, but the dragons are clearly there in the top (neither of which I've seen in person sadly.) I'm sure a close up of the dragons will happen eventually. Love all these details.

Thank God we'll be able to easily avoid the Mad T Party. Imagine being on the trolley at night after passing the CCT and seeing this guy...
    Name:  rab338194SMALL.jpg
Views: 601
Size:  70.2 KB
    ..just standing there, nodding his head/ears to the music.

Ugh its like someone at Disney thinks a T-Party/T-Dance is a rave, and should look like something from 1998.

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Monkey View Post
    Does anyone know what exactly they are planning to do with the Cove Bar? I'm excited for whatever improvements are coming!
    Rumor has it that it is an awesome new loop!
    Last edited by themur; 03-23-2012 at 12:02 PM. Reason: spelling - what else!
    The Mur

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Tweedledum and Tweedledee look like something out of a Mad Max movie....

Name:  twe448922SMALL.jpg
Views: 845
Size:  130.4 KB
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Become part of MY world!

Oh gawd. What little hope I had left for T Party is now gone. I was so excited when they announced it because I thought it was going to be a victorian feel with modern elements. Kinda like this music video. I love the style in that video (I actually like Kerli's fashion sense in general, it's very cutsey and victorian with a modern twist). But the concept art was released and I lost a little hope. And now these costumes?!?!?!? You have got to be kidding me! They look atrocious! This is not the vibe I was hoping for at all and just looks really tacky and just plain ugly! Wow it really is a shame Disney is doing this ALL wrong! Nothing released so far even reminds me of the movie, let alone the original(book and movie).
    Last edited by Ursulalvr; 03-23-2012 at 12:30 PM.
    Poor unfortunate Souls.