Page 391 of 668 FirstFirst ... 291341366381388389390391392393394401416441491 ... LastLast
Results 5,851 to 5,865 of 10011

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker 12

I think Mad T Party looks great! Should be a ton of fun.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by Westsider View Post
    Box Office Totals

Tron Legacy, 2010
    USA - $172 Million
    Foreign - $228 Million
    Total - $400 Million

Alice In Wonderland, 2010
    USA - $334 Million
    Foreign - $690 Million
    Total - 1.02 Billion (that's with a "B", Billion)
    That was the opposite of my question. I know it was successful financially (partly due to being the first major 3-D release after Avatar). My question was if it was critically successful or warmly received by fans. And indeed, on IMDB, Rotten Tomatoes, and Metacritic, the score it earned hovers around 50%.

That's not to say Tron did better, just that it's odd to bring back a film that predates the TRON sequel (which counters the many people who say that the TRON sequel is now an "old" film and thus unsuited for a show) and that it was so mixed in its reception.

I feel the same way about Transformers: The Ride. Part of me wants to believe that, now basking in the aftermath of two bitterly received sequels, Universal would rethink their plans to open the ride if it weren't too late. The unfortunate truth that I have to remember, though, is that in today's Hollywood, box office matters far, far more than reception, and all three Transformers movies have earned hundreds of millions. So the fact that Alice did $1.02 billion in theater receipts makes it a "more successful" film in all the ways that "matter," I guess. And in that regard, I suppose having an attraction dedicated to it does represent todays Hollywood quite well, thus making it perfectly suited for the studios section.
    I believe I chose the life of a tomb raider, because
    I'm addicted to the excitement that comes when life hangs in the balance.
    Famous last words.

• Disneyland > Disney World

From the Flixster iPhone app it doesn't look like it did too well.

Name:  photo.JPG
Views: 1004
Size:  87.4 KB
    Last edited by disneyseeker; 03-24-2012 at 12:38 PM.
    Marvel + Disney =

• Minion

Normally movies that make billions r overrated. But the public loves them. That's why they have pirates 5. The only reason why disney does these things Cus of the money. Thats all they care bout

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DannyLand View Post
    Normally movies that make billions r overrated. But the public loves them. That's why they have pirates 5. The only reason why disney does these things Cus of the money. Thats all they care bout
    Nobodys going to argue with there. Though I wish Disney didn't have to tie every new attraction to a marketable franchise, I think that for little things like dance parties (temporary, minor investment) looking at box office gross is a good determinant in deciding theme. If the movie made a lot of money, that's a guarantee that many people will be familiar with the source material...more people have seen Alice in Wonderland than Tron if you look at the box office numbers. So more people will be familiar/comfortable/interested in Mad T Party, in the same way more people would be attracted to checking out a Muppets show over a Bugs Life show (see what I did there )

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

In general anything that involves Alice in Wonderland will be easily understood, whether this is based on the new film or not.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

Pirates 5 has not been greenlit yet, but is in devlopement. I do not know why the statue in BVS is raised, Better view? Plumbing/Electrical, I do not know.

• Ryan

From a kids point of view, Mad T party looks fun. It looks crazy and awesome just like Tim Burton's remake. I personally loved that film and Mad T party looks like an awesome summer party. Kids who go to DCA (teens too) don't care if it takes up space or is crowded and tacky. If it has loud music and lights, it's better than sitting down in a hotel room. I love these summer parties as long as they don't stay too long.

• Banned User

Same goes for Harry Potter and Universal.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Analyst View Post
    In general anything that involves Alice in Wonderland will be easily understood, whether this is based on the new film or not.
    Right. The Mad "T" Party, while relating to Alice in Wonderland, doesn't really have any direct connection to the recent movie outside of the vague costumes.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

In other news....

I have a lot of new photos from today at the Resort, including LOTS of California Adventure construction shots in a new Dateline Disneyland Smugmug album:
    03-24-12 - Dateline Disneyland on Smugmug

Enjoy!

Another handicap ramp was added here. This used to just be a regular curb

Lots of ElecTRONica stuff has been removed

03-24-12 - Dateline Disneyland on Smugmug

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

Great photos from Dateline Disneyland! Here's a closeup of one from MFW and some questions about it:

1) What are the evenly space black objects along the track? Are they sensors/markers? Could they possibly be just for testing and be removed before opening? They are throughout all the visible track, whether along rock or in the open such as these.

2) Doesn't this part of the track seem unfinished? I realize they haven't completed all details yet, but major construction is over, as far as I know. So here we have nicely themed rock, then suddenly, unthemed concrete curb! And the reflector poles are in place, so I don't think they'll be putting in a guard rail or doing any more rock work. Kind of odd.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    In other news....

Another handicap ramp was added here. This used to just be a regular curb
    I just want to say good on Disney for making easier pathing on something that was literally just completed. They didn't have to rip out the brand new curb to make an easier access (as there is a ramp in the left of the picture) but having one on this curb will provide a straight shot from BVS to the info board for handicapped individuals and even anyone else once it is finally installed.

• Disneyland > Disney World

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    Great photos from Dateline Disneyland! Here's a closeup of one from MFW and some questions about it:

1) What are the evenly space black objects along the track? Are they sensors/markers? Could they possibly be just for testing and be removed before opening? They are throughout all the visible track, whether along rock or in the open such as these.

2) Doesn't this part of the track seem unfinished? I realize they haven't completed all details yet, but major construction is over, as far as I know. So here we have nicely themed rock, then suddenly, unthemed concrete curb! And the reflector poles are in place, so I don't think they'll be putting in a guard rail or doing any more rock work. Kind of odd.

Radiator Springs Racers Point of View at Cars Land - YouTube For you're first question if you're talking about the wood posts then in the recent RSR POV video you can see these as well. I think these will stay for opening because they look like part of theme for the ride. You can see orange reflectors on them and I see quite a few of these on freeways. Bottom line is that these posts will add to the themeing of the ride. If you're talking about the black objects in the back then those are just lights for lighting up the area at night.
    Marvel + Disney =

Quote Originally Posted by disneyseeker View Post
    Radiator Springs Racers Point of View at Cars Land - YouTube For you're first question if you're talking about the wood posts then in the recent RSR POV video you can see these as well. I think these will stay for opening because they look like part of theme for the ride. You can see orange reflectors on them and I see quite a few of these on freeways. Bottom line is that these posts will add to the themeing of the ride. If you're talking about the black objects in the back then those are just lights for lighting up the area at night.
    I'm talking about the little black "dots" along the track surface, space about 3-4 feet apart. It's hard to judge sizes here, but they look to be about apple sized. There's about a dozen visible along the rock work and "curb".