Page 392 of 668 FirstFirst ... 292342367382389390391392393394395402417442492 ... LastLast
Results 5,866 to 5,880 of 10011

• Disneyman

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker 12

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    Great photos from Dateline Disneyland! Here's a closeup of one from MFW and some questions about it:

1) What are the evenly space black objects along the track? Are they sensors/markers? Could they possibly be just for testing and be removed before opening? They are throughout all the visible track, whether along rock or in the open such as these.

2) Doesn't this part of the track seem unfinished? I realize they haven't completed all details yet, but major construction is over, as far as I know. So here we have nicely themed rock, then suddenly, unthemed concrete curb! And the reflector poles are in place, so I don't think they'll be putting in a guard rail or doing any more rock work. Kind of odd.

I've been wondering the same thing for quite some time now. That abrupt stop has been bothering me. I hadn't noticed the reflectors until you pointed them out.
    "It's fun to do the impossible." ~Walt Disney

• Disneyland > Disney World

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    I'm talking about the little black "dots" along the track surface, space about 3-4 feet apart. It's hard to judge sizes here, but they look to be about apple sized. There's about a dozen visible along the rock work and "curb".
    Oh ok. So the part you said looked unfinished. I think those are parts of the track supports if I'm not mistaken. Like there's the top surface then there's an open space with those black dots. They probably jut out a little. Then beneath that is another flat surface. I can't really find anything to support my answer but I remember when they were putting the track sections into place they looked like that.
    Marvel + Disney =

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Reeder View Post
    I've been wondering the same thing for quite some time now. That abrupt stop has been bothering me. I hadn't noticed the reflectors until you pointed them out.
    . It looks like those black things r lights

• Lion

Bear in mind that a lot of what you're seeing in that photo is taken from way up in the air on the Fun Wheel with a telephoto zoom lens. You may not even see that area from the queue or within the attraction itself. Remember the vehicles will be banking around that turn at relatively high speed, you will either not be able to see that area of the track between the velocity and the bank. I doubt anyone would even be noticing this all from any perspective other than zoom shots from the Fun Wheel.

• Disneyman

Quote Originally Posted by DannyLand View Post
    . It looks like those black things r lights
    Yeah, but I was talking about the reflectors, not the lights. Simba has a good point. But at the same time, it seems like such a small thing to finish off that little side section.
    "It's fun to do the impossible." ~Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by simba View Post
    Bear in mind that a lot of what you're seeing in that photo is taken from way up in the air on the Fun Wheel with a telephoto zoom lens. You may not even see that area from the queue or within the attraction itself. Remember the vehicles will be banking around that turn at relatively high speed, you will either not be able to see that area of the track between the velocity and the bank. I doubt anyone would even be noticing this all from any perspective other than zoom shots from the Fun Wheel.
    disneyseeker may be right that they are track supports, but it's just odd that the tips would stick up like that.

And you may be right that we won't see them, but then why bother to put rock work right along the track if we're not going to be able to see it? In the photo I posted, the little black things can be seen in the rock work and then become more noticeable when you get to the curb part. I think they are all along the entire track (you can even see them in the one helix). So if we can't see the track and curb and black things, why put any rock work down that far? See my point?

Anyhow, that section has such an unfinished feel to it. There *are* over 2 months to go.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

I love this shot from Dateline Disneyland!! This is such a better looking park!

Name:  IMG2781-M.jpg
Views: 1108
Size:  75.8 KB

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

This is my favorite from the bunch

Name:  IMG2775-M.jpg
Views: 934
Size:  50.5 KB

When palm trees attack!

• film975

I'm amazed at how quickly Buena Vista Street is being constructed. Good thing we've being having a relatively dry winter this year.

So I have this theory...

I've always noticed that the video of the CCT comp model showed a lot of trees that are in the same position as the current trees.

Exhibit A:

Name:  cc1_v3.jpg
Views: 880
Size:  132.4 KB
    http://mintcrocodile.smugmug.com/pho...-zD87pqR-O.jpg

Exhibit B:

Name:  cc5.jpg
Views: 880
Size:  104.6 KB

Notice the three big pots circled in red are in the same location as where the first image shows three trees (circled in red as well). And various other similarities I color coded.

I have a lot of time on my hands, lol. I know they are not done and they could be adding/changing the landscaping from what is pictured in the video, but I just thought I would share my findings.

• Dreamer

Wow... the latest imagery definitely proves DCA will become a pristine Disney Park after all. Next stop - replace A Bug's Land with something... more fitting.

And if you ask me, the Mad T Party is a really bad attempt at making something classic "hip". The costumes are... atrocious at best. I don't even want to know what the music sounds like.

Fountain Valley, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Lamp View Post
    Wow... the latest imagery definitely proves DCA will become a pristine Disney Park after all. Next stop - replace A Bug's Land with something... more fitting.

And if you ask me, the Mad T Party is a really bad attempt at making something classic "hip". The costumes are... atrocious at best. I don't even want to know what the music sounds like.
    I agree, but I'm staying positive about Mad T Party since I know people who are working on designing the party. Some of the ideas of having the DJ and the Band alternating is an interesting idea. I'll be there June 15 to see it unfold. The regular DJs of ElecTRONica will be back for Mad T Party.

• Fireworks Finatic!

Quote Originally Posted by drtaru View Post
    I just want to say good on Disney for making easier pathing on something that was literally just completed. They didn't have to rip out the brand new curb to make an easier access (as there is a ramp in the left of the picture) but having one on this curb will provide a straight shot from BVS to the info board for handicapped individuals and even anyone else once it is finally installed.
    I believe replacing the curb with a ramp has more to do with the Red Car Trolley stop right there than just making it easier to get to the info board..

• Minion

I still like the older CA entrance because it was unique. The one we have now looks it was modeled after the on in DHS. in fact it was, even the same red letters. teal was once the main color in paradise pier and everyone said it was ugly. but everything else is looking nice.

• Dreamer

Sure, the original entrance was unique but the entire entrance area was too weak overall. In fact, the entire park had elements that were very un-Disney, which gladly have been removed or appropriately replaced.