Page 41 of 668 FirstFirst ... 163138394041424344516691141541 ... LastLast

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker 12

So according to the map you can still go through sunshine plaza to hollywood pictures and up towards paradise pier... All along I thought people were going to have to take the long way around

• Carbon based

Quote Originally Posted by lighttragic View Post
    So according to the map you can still go through sunshine plaza to hollywood pictures and up towards paradise pier... All along I thought people were going to have to take the long way around
    It looks like the plan has evolved quite a bit. If you look at older maps, as recently as a couple of weeks back, the path towards the pier from the old Sunshine Plaza was going to be closed...

I think tomorrow morning will answer a lot of questions.
    Last edited by blorgan; 08-28-2011 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blorgan View Post
    12 hours is too long to wait, we must know now! Actually, I wonder if anyone has pictures from today/tonight that might show how they are moving the walls.

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald the Rabbitt View Post
    No ODV sells the Light up merchandise at night as well as balloons and other novitiates. Basically look at the costumes. ODV has those terrible tacky polo shirts.
    And the unthemed tacky repurposed ice cream carts selling Expensive junk. .

I hope somebody wakes that departmentup and kicks them in the behind for having old paradise pier carts selling junk in almost every land of the park

Mojave, you're choice of handle speaks wonders for patience. Trust me, I can't stand any wait. Baloo.... I love you too. A poet, about you...

• Banned User

Greetings is officially gone forever.

One interesting thing to note about the new map is that while there are walls shown around the new fountain and the CCT construction... there are now walls around where the pump house is shown... could this possible mean that the walls around this could be coming down? It would be cool to see what this new structure could possibly be?

i thinkt he structure is so small that adding those walls in the map might have confused patrons. There is still work being done to the structure as well as the surrounding landscaping on the south side

In the photos from last night, there were new walls up around the Pump House in preparation for the paths opening.

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by blorgan View Post
    Agreed. Tomorrow will be a day long remembered. It has seen the end of Sunshine Plaza, and it will soon see the end of a long multi-year project.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• film975

Once the temporary entrance opens, it'll be a traffic nightmare going into the California Adventure for the next nine months or so. Still it will be exciting when Buena Vista Street starts going vertical. It will all be worth it after all this construction is complete.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by film975 View Post
    Once the temporary entrance opens, it'll be a traffic nightmare going into the California Adventure for the next nine months or so. Still it will be exciting when Buena Vista Street starts going vertical. It will all be worth it after all this construction is complete.
    there is still the entrance from GCH that they don't enforce that you have to be a hotel guest
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Become part of MY world!

Quote Originally Posted by film975 View Post
    Funny, this is exactly what everyone was saying when they walled off the Cali letters and part of the turnstiles, and the congestion never happened. It was actually smoother/easier/faster to get into DCA with only 5 running turnstiles then getting into Disneyland.

I'm fairly confident they have a plan in place to make it as smooth as possible and I doubt there will be any congestion and it will be well organized.

It's crazy to think that starting tomorrow, there will be no part of sunshine plaza left that will be accessible to guests! Really is a momentous day!
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursulalvr View Post
    Funny, this is exactly what everyone was saying when they walled off the Cali letters and part of the turnstiles, and the congestion never happened. It was actually smoother/easier/faster to get into DCA with only 5 running turnstiles then getting into Disneyland.

I'm fairly confident they have a plan in place to make it as smooth as possible and I doubt there will be any congestion and it will be well organized.

It's crazy to think that starting tomorrow, there will be no part of sunshine plaza left that will be accessible to guests! Really is a momentous day!
    While I think the new street will be a big improvement, I kinda feel bad that there doesn't seem to be more documentation of the origional shops and theming other then a few photo essays. Would've been nice to have a nice youtube vid of it for history's sake I guess.

Nothing in Sunshine Plaza ever really connected or worked but the stores were very well themed.
    "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"