Page 431 of 668 FirstFirst ... 331381406421428429430431432433434441456481531 ... LastLast
Results 6,451 to 6,465 of 10011

• Under that tree again!

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker 12

Quote Originally Posted by mcstewart37 View Post
    It would be enough time to do a quick repaint and light theming, but it seems like anything substantial would take too long?
    It's very possible. Consider all the work that still needs to be done on BVS. All of those buildings will get new fronts by June 15th.

• Captain Pineapple

Quote Originally Posted by Indiana Joe View Post
    Not wanting to let Lasseter have all the glory, Iger demanded that the big oak tree in front of the Practical Cafe be moved over 15 feet, at considerable expense.

Did I miss something about the oak tree? Is there a reason that Iger would want it moved 15 feet?

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
    Thanks for sharing! I wonder if he meant rehab of the plane or more broadly a rehab for the front of the building? I kinda hope the plane crashing through the building is permanently removed and the whole front part, including the marque, redone but we'll see. Exciting times for sure! Moving an oak 15 ft haha that's attention to detail and it's great to hear. And now the Condor Flats revolving antennae sign is slated for removal it seems, more great news! And they just refurbished that thing hahaha
    Al said they are planning to ReTheme the sign, not remove it.

---------- Post added 04-11-2012 at 08:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mcstewart37 View Post
    I know Disney has enough money to do pretty much whatever they want, but is redoing the whole front of the building even possible before June?

It would be enough time to do a quick repaint and light theming, but it seems like anything substantial would take too long?
    For the front they can do quite a bit with just patching up the hole and giving it some new woodwork, paint and sign. Now with computer controlled cutting tools the possibilities for more elaborate details are much easier to do. For the inside it looks like the structure itself is fine and the photos and signs could be changed out easily before June, but the modern engine hanging over the counter is the most out of theme detail. But a creative group of artist can find creative solutions that can be done on time/budget if they are given the chance.

Here is what the inside looks like from a photo on Flickr by PeterPanFan. I could see them covering up the top openings above the counter with a flat surface and then adding some period graphics. It would not be perfect, but would help to change the setting in time for the June press event.

• Dream in wonderful color!

New photo from @MiceChat on Twitter..

Looking from hollywood land into buena vista street.

Twitter / Disney: Looking from hollywood lan ...
    It really changes the look and feel of the street. Looks nice!
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

• Insomniac

Quote Originally Posted by nonob88 View Post
    It really changes the look and feel of the street. Looks nice!
    Wow it looks more like an actuall street! Idk why but those elephants always destroyed the street feel and I'm glad they finally got axed!
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicBear View Post
    The elphants are insipired by the early epic film Intolerance (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Intolerance. You can also see elephants in a similar form at a mall on Hollywood Blvd.

I would love to see the elephants get reused some place else that fits. How about in the 'park' where the malaboomer was? Carnivals would often have decorations inspired by exotic locations and one of the beasts surrounded by flowers and plants would be quite fun.
    I think somewhere either in Downtown Disney or along the tram route could work well.

• 5 Star

I think the plane has the most potential to be reused. Plopping it back on the facade would just be tacky.

• MC Blogger

Blog Entries

PLEASE use the California letters before the elephants get used!
    Mark

Disney parks and art, movies, music, more... Over 1, 000 Posts!
    www.InsightsandSounds.blogspot.com

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

If I might throw us back to the Condor discussion for a second, the fountain near the very bottom of this picture looks just like what we're getting. That might mean that this was planned at the same time as the additions we really got. I hope that that means that they are still in consideration. This also may have been already said.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
    [...]

[...]

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    If I might throw us back to the Condor discussion for a second, the fountain near the very bottom of this picture looks just like what we're getting. That might mean that this was planned at the same time as the additions we really got. I hope that that means that they are still in consideration. This also may have been already said.
    The only problem with that theory is that the pump house is NOT visible in this rendering and the RCT stop in this rendering wasn't built. Unless of course what is shown in this rendering IS the pump house, but even then, it doesn't look like what was built.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

True. However I would say that it is more likely that the fountain would make the designs sooner than the other things due to it's prominence.

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

I'm 99.9% sure this concept art was dated 2007, so right before the big DCA announcement. I believe this is actually some of the earliest peaks at a redone entrance land. It's funny because the trolley stop in this art is a Craftsman styled stop (probably to tie it into the GCH) and the Craftsman styled stop is now in the front of BVS (which, why modeled after South Pasadena bus stops, has its own story). Now this spot in art is a more Mission Revival styled trolley stop (the "pump house") while in original art, the mission style station was in the front of BVS. I guess they decided to switch the stations lol.

• Toad Hall

How beautiful is this!!

Via @mouseinfo
    <font size=4> </font>

Fountain Valley, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelWalrus View Post
    I think the plane has the most potential to be reused. Plopping it back on the facade would just be tacky.
    I was really hoping that one of the letters would end up in maters junkyard jamboree

The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure is now on the official website calendar as closed for refurbishment from Monday, April 30 to Thursday, May 3. In the new "draft" style that we first noticed with "Indiana Jones Adventure - Chain Replacement," it's so far just labeled as "Mermaid."
    I believe I chose the life of a tomb raider, because
    I'm addicted to the excitement that comes when life hangs in the balance.
    Famous last words.