Page 440 of 668 FirstFirst ... 340390430437438439440441442443450490540 ... LastLast
Results 6,586 to 6,600 of 10011

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker 12

Quote Originally Posted by insider67 View Post
    Yes those are the old domes. There are some more south of those along the building. They removed the mechanisms that raise and lower the domes and covered the holes up with grating on the platform. I would not expect them back any time soon or ever for that matter.
    On that same photo... do you know if there are plans to cover up the part of the steel below the rock work? I can't imagine they are just going to leave that open to CMs.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Quote Originally Posted by insider67 View Post
    Yes those are the old domes. There are some more south of those along the building. They removed the mechanisms that raise and lower the domes and covered the holes up with grating on the platform. I would not expect them back any time soon or ever for that matter.
    WHAT??? Those were a great part of the show, why would they not find a solution to their leaking problem? Was the issue that catastrophic?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron W View Post

Latest view of the strange balcony: there is a strange awning on the side that is attached to the strange extension on the railing. Strange.

IMG_7468 by socal_ron, on Flickr

After studying that picture for a while, I think the awning is actually behind the balcony, and not attached the railing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by markb1024 View Post
    After studying that picture for a while, I think the awning is actually behind the balcony, and not attached the railing at all.
    I agree. The awning appears to be on the flat wall beyond the balcony, not attached to it. And the extension appears to fold down when not in use (workers up there), much like the one on the other side, which is in the down state.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by nonob88 View Post
    Looks like a new Dateline Disneyland update is up at smugmug.com

04-14-12 - Dateline Disneyland on Smugmug
    Thanks for posting the link!

Quote Originally Posted by nonob88 View Post
    That's because the smugmug link is a photo album uploaded from a camera rather than a complete update.

MasterGracey did this to allow us to view the unedited photos before they are posted in the full Dateline Disneyland update on Monday.
    Also, thanks for this. If the unedited photo sets aren't useful for you guys, I can stop uploading them. I know I take a LOT of photos, most of which are duplicates. I have my reason for doing this, but I can understand they're a pain to look through (I do it almost every week!) .... If you'd all just prefer to wait until I post the edited photo sets, that's fine. It saves me the time of uploading all of the unedited shots.

Anyway, here are some select photos from the gallery:

Trolley wires everywhere

Scaffolding back up on the Carthay tower

Mater's Petting Zoo

Is this a new antenna a top Sarge's?
    Last edited by MasterGracey; 04-15-2012 at 12:36 AM.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

Quote Originally Posted by Ron W View Post

Stanley is back out from under wraps and it looks like some kind of inspection tour:

IMG_7716 by socal_ron, on Flickr
    That's not an inspection tour. I looked at the blown up version of the pic cause one looked familiar, and the girl in the blue hard hat is actually a friend of a friend.

She's part of the first group of trainees being trained on Luigi's and Mater's. The CM's in the colored hard hats are trainees, the two guys in the white hard hats are probably Luigis/Maters Leads (wearing the temporary Costume for Luigi's/Maters), and the two guys in the brown hard hats (wearing business clothes) are Imagineers who were probably there to supervise and make sure the Disneyland Operations crews don't mess up their ride or their land when there's still a lot of work left to do. The guys wearing brown hard hats are the top dogs on any Disney construction site, per the Disney Hardhat Code.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Although I enjoyed the Domes for the planets in the WALL:E segment of the show... I am glad they decided to remove them.. I found them tacky and odd.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Zephyr Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    WHAT??? Those were a great part of the show, why would they not find a solution to their leaking problem? Was the issue that catastrophic?
    Yes. The weight of the excess water inside the domes were affecting the whole platform, not just the dome structure themselves.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by markb1024 View Post
    Yeah, it looks like just an unfortunate angle.

Quote Originally Posted by Westsider View Post
    That's not an inspection tour. I looked at the blown up version of the pic cause one looked familiar, and the girl in the blue hard hat is actually a friend of a friend.

She's part of the first group of trainees being trained on Luigi's and Mater's. The CM's in the colored hard hats are trainees, the two guys in the white hard hats are probably Luigis/Maters Leads (wearing the temporary Costume for Luigi's/Maters), and the two guys in the brown hard hats (wearing business clothes) are Imagineers who were probably there to supervise and make sure the Disneyland Operations crews don't mess up their ride or their land when there's still a lot of work left to do. The guys wearing brown hard hats are the top dogs on any Disney construction site, per the Disney Hardhat Code.
    I figured the brown hats were imagineers and the shorter lady in the blue hat looks familiar,I think I've seen her in the parks. There was no ride operating at the time, they were just walking around looking at stuff. It may be that they were being shown where everything was.

---------- Post added 04-15-2012 at 07:41 AM ----------

Here's the fountain in the afternoon sun:

IMG_7734 by socal_ron, on Flickr

Some natural fuel:

IMG_7726 by socal_ron, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Quiksotik View Post
    Ask and ye shall receive...
    Attachment 18797
    Love it!!

I think there should be a rule that every page has a joke. Keep it funny around here, it gets so boring when it's pages and pages of arguing and fighting!

MasterGracey, I don't think anyone in here was suggesting that you stop uploading your photos to Smugmug. We all truly appreciate them and I personally look forward to them every weekend. Please don't ever stop doing this if it isn't too much of an inconvenience as they are vey much appreciated and I'm sure I'm speaking for many on here! Thanks.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Analyst View Post
    Although I enjoyed the Domes for the planets in the WALL:E segment of the show... I am glad they decided to remove them.. I found them tacky and odd.
    I heavily disagree, the part with Wall-E was amazing where the domes were portraying planets and creating a 3d environment. The scene is now empty and doesn't make as much sense. The Buzz Lightyear scene also benefited from them because of the little aliens. The finale wasn't using them effectively in my opinion and could have been modified. Ultimately they were a unique feature of World of Color that you would never see at any other water show and created an unexpected surprise.
    Last edited by Seawolf; 04-15-2012 at 10:55 AM.

• Under that tree again!

Princess Dinners are returning to Ariel's Grotto, the WoC dinner packages ending. June 15th.
    Dinner with Ariel and Her Princess Friends Coming Soon to Ariel’s Grotto at Disney California Adventure Park Disney Parks Blog

• the F.O.D. solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiksotik View Post
    Ask and ye shall receive...
    Attachment 18797
    Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    On that same photo... do you know if there are plans to cover up the part of the steel below the rock work? I can't imagine they are just going to leave that open to CMs.
    Not sure what the plans are but hopefully it stays open. It's a great shortcut to the RSR maintenance bay . There is going to have to be some kind of access as there is infrastructure back there that needs attention at times. My guess would be if they fence it up the maintenance and facilities guys will still use it as there own personal pass thru.