Page 462 of 668 FirstFirst ... 362412437452459460461462463464465472487512562 ... LastLast
Results 6,916 to 6,930 of 10011

• Senior Minion

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker 12

Quote Originally Posted by brenden View Post
    I've said this a while back, but people here were quick to tell me that I am wrong. From what I've seen, in person, I still think it's going to be a tight squeeze under the monorail bridge, with the added sidewalks, shop fronts and red cars.
    Not to mention adding a few thousand people -- and their strollers.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Johnny and Me!

If nothing else, it will be historically accurate. The Red Cars were notorious for becoming stuck in traffic jams on the crowded LA streets.

• Minion

Strollers? Oh no, those are banned in the new DCA.

I'm hoping that the Starbucks in DCA will have it's own entrance and exit to help with flow.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Monkey View Post
    Have you guys not seen today's Dateline Disneyland? It shows a peak onto the street through a crack in the construction walls. It actually looks alot more open than you'd think from the pic above. It definitely is a skewed perspective from the camera's lense.
    I saw it...personally it didn't help, it actually made me cringe even more thinking about all those crowds with no breathing space between those big tight buildings

• Banned User

Were there crowd issues in this area before in DCA 1.0? While the new facades have made things a bit more narrow, the pat is essentially the same width as before. I don't recall any massive crowd problems in that area.

Sure, the area will be overly-crowded at opening (same with Carsland), but that's a temporary issue. As far as I can tell the largest issue will be the Red Car going by, but the Main Street vehicles seem to deal with a similar issue pretty well.

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

It'll be fine. If they can deal with massive holiday crowds coming to DL on Main Street during a parade, where you're literally squeezed walking between the shops and the parade watchers for a longer distance than BVS, they can manage this. If worse comes to worse well, open up the backstage route next to Soarin that guest are currently entering the park from and funnel people back there to exit or enter (again just like DL uses backstage routes during the busy holidays). I honestly don't see it being a shoulder to shoulder situation very often and the space that seems "squeezed" isn't a large portion of the land...it's open right after the turnstiles, funnels under the bridge, and then opens back up soon after the bridge with multiple ways to walk (left to Hollywood Land, straight for the back of the park, and a right for Starbucks and Condor Flats). What's funny is the street under the bridge is the same size as the walkway that used to go under the GGB when this area was Sunshine Plaza...only difference is some curbs and a trolley that won't be in the area 90% of the time. The concern is definitely valid but again I feel it won't be a big deal. I wonder if somebody could measure on Google Maps or something just how many feet this smaller section of the street is...

And the RCT. I can see them during higher guest volume times using it at a slower speed with a guide in front. I expect some of the busiest days for DCA being right after June 15th and the RCT will need to be running so it's nice they'll apply the logistics of using in large crowds from the get go. I've seen Main Street packed to the gills and they still had the horse-drawn carriages out. It can work

I know some here have said this so I will reiterate, it seems that BVS is kind of a hybrid between the welcoming act of Main Street USA with the more intimate (taller building, narrower walkways) nature of New Orleans Square. It'll certainly be interesting to see how a more NOS-esque land works as a park entrance...I think it'll be great. NOS is often cited as the best land in Disneyland and it's the urban intimacy of it that connects well to people...the narrower walkways between tall buildings full of details an balconies and such. Pair that with the more straightforward, tree lined street design indicative of Main Street and you have a pretty interesting mix that BVS is seemingly turning out to be. I truly cannot wait to experience this little land which truly looks beautifully spectacular.

Last edited by SoCalFan; 04-23-2012 at 03:12 PM.

• Minion

Good example SoCalFan. I never thought of BVS as NOS. :0) Thanks for the visual.

• Dave

Blog Entries

I have a feeling that do to large crowd it would not be a safe thing to have the Red Trollie running down such a narrow causeway. IInfact beyond the early morning I would be suprised to see it for the restb of the day.
    Dave

Luigi's Flying Tires has a sponsor: Alamo. This might be due to their displacement as the sponsor for MM, which of course is now Goofy's Sky School.

I know we have already seen the RSR marquee... but I LOVE it so much... Definitely one of my favorite ride marquees ever!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by WED View Post
    Were there crowd issues in this area before in DCA 1.0? While the new facades have made things a bit more narrow, the pat is essentially the same width as before. I don't recall any massive crowd problems in that area.

Sure, the area will be overly-crowded at opening (same with Carsland), but that's a temporary issue. As far as I can tell the largest issue will be the Red Car going by, but the Main Street vehicles seem to deal with a similar issue pretty well.
    Thats not really what I was talking about. I feel like the bridge and height of the buildings in a narrow space will make the crowding feel worse...sure Disney can do crowd control, but the problem they never faced on Main Street was a bunch of really imposing buildings smushed together in a tight space. The buildings on Main Street seem quainter and the pathways look wider. I'm worried about claustrophobia or suffocation inside what essentially looks a like a deep trough from the monorail and ground

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

I definitely agree about the RSR sign! Like I said, there's just something great about it. It's like an old campground arch with an car twist. The letters are made of pipes and the neon car is just great. I love the rust detailing on the car...makes it look older and kind of forgotten, which fits very nicely with the queue of this ride which is supposed the original Radiator Springs settlement of the now forgotten Stanley's Oasis. Will look even better once the signs are added to the stones.

Concept:

To realization. Day

And night.
    Last edited by SoCalFan; 04-23-2012 at 03:22 PM.

The Mad Tea Party structure is being set-up in front of where Flynn's was.

Man Hollywood Land is freakin ugly from that angle lol!