Page 49 of 668 FirstFirst ... 243946474849505152597499149549 ... LastLast

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker 12

Quote Originally Posted by Westsider View Post
    It would be 282-3232. There were no Area Codes back in the 1930's, but I guess it would be Area Code 213, LA's first Area Code in the 1960's?

So... (213) 282-3232

Who wants to try and call it and see who answers? Maybe Walt Disney will answer? Or perhaps Mary Niven?
    since BVS in Anaheim my be some one should try (714) 282-3232.

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Or it's just a play on BV= Buena Vista and 23232 just a pattern to signify 1923 when Walt came to LA.

714-282-3232 is an old contact number for a special education school in Anaheim Hills.

Surely Disney checked to make sure the number isn't valid before they put it on a giant poster. My job is to print things with phone numbers that go to lots of people and we are always double and triple checking the phone numbers. More than once a phone number has slipped through that called an... adult line. It is surprisingly likely to happen.

Hopefully Disney will buy the phone number and put a fun recording from the "talent agency".

I wonder if Disney will have any Streetmospher characters walking around BVS when it opens?

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicBear View Post
    I wonder if Disney will have any Streetmospher characters walking around BVS when it opens?
    There was mention of some kind of a show involving "newsies" and the trolley. Showed dancing and singing. Could be cool. Would be awesome if they just walked around doing their newsie thing and then spontaneously did the shows flashmob style.

Streetmosphere like the Dapper Dans and the Main Street performing groups really bring that area to life, I'm sure they'll do something with BVS too.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Minion

I am all for Cast Member Flash Mob Style shows! Especially the way you describe it Mycroft!

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by disneyland255 View Post
    I am all for Cast Member Flash Mob Style shows! Especially the way you describe it Mycroft!
    There was a photo of concept art for it somewhere. I can't seem to find it now though.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Carbon based

On a completely (kinda) area, early ride testing is in progress at Mater. At least one tractor running

TTFN.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by disneyland255 View Post
    ugh please no.. the flash mob 'show'/'event' at DHS is so contrived and miserable to see.

It's like seeing a grandfather dressed up like Snoop Dog
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    There was mention of some kind of a show involving "newsies" and the trolley. Showed dancing and singing. Could be cool. Would be awesome if they just walked around doing their newsie thing and then spontaneously did the shows flashmob style.

I just got goosebumps. I would DIE for anything Newsies!!! I love when they play the little medley in the backlot area.

• Banned User

I liked the flash mob the CMs did for Disneylands 55th. They are alot of fun.

• I'm not really here

I doesn't have to be flashmob per say, but something that feels spontaneous while being completely scripted.

• Nope! No grown-ups here!

I kinda' like the flashmob idea. Just imagine a bunch of people standing around, wearing stylish 1930's attire, when suddenly swing music starts playing and they start swing dancing.

Another idea could be a small (contemporary) jazz band gathering on a street corner to serenade the passersby.
    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

• Disneyman

Quote Originally Posted by TreoFred View Post
    On a completely (kinda) area, early ride testing is in progress at Mater. At least one tractor running

TTFN.
    Am I the only one who caught this? Thanks, Fred! Looking forward to seeing it!
    "It's fun to do the impossible." ~Walt Disney

• Raconteur

Quote Originally Posted by BiggestDisneyFan View Post
    Another idea could be a small (contemporary) jazz band gathering on a street corner to serenade the passersby.
    Prefer this idea, but it doesn't even need to be contemporary. Something nice and thirties would do just fine, methinks.
    Disneyland Resort Photography by Quiksotik
    Disneyland parking attendant: "Have a magical day, yo!"