Page 491 of 668 FirstFirst ... 391441466481488489490491492493494501516541591 ... LastLast
Results 7,351 to 7,365 of 10011

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker 12

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Analyst View Post
    Do you think it is opening at 10 because of them most likely having some sort of Ceremony outside the park at 9 or so?? Or will the Ceremony be on the 14th??
    BINGO!

The official Grand Re-Opening Ceremony for DCA will be held during the 9:00 to 09:30AM timeframe on June 15th, and then the park will be open shortly thereafter. They'll probably get the gates open and going before 10:00AM, but they have listed the park opening for 10:00AM on the 15th just to play it safe so no one can complain that they "opened late and ruined my day!"

The 8:00AM to 11:00PM daily operation of DCA this summer will begin on Saturday, June 16th. Although the scuttlebutt on the CM shuttle bus from KCML is that the "Magic Morning" thing at 7:00AM for DCA won't begin until the following week.

• Lighting Design Lover

Quote Originally Posted by TravisMT81 View Post
    While I love the decor of the 1901 lounge, I wish it was a bit more rich and darker. Maybe it is the camera, but it is so bright in there.
    The colour temperature is a little high and lighting feels a little flat. It is highly possible that it's the camera or the time of day that it was taken (many things can influence photographic lighting), BUT judging by this picture alone I'd say there are CFLs afoot!

Quote Originally Posted by TTN View Post
    The colour temperature is a little high and lighting feels a little flat. It is highly possible that it's the camera or the time of day that it was taken (many things can influence photographic lighting), BUT judging by this picture alone I'd say there are CFLs afoot!
    CFLs can suck the life out of any room. There's nothing like good 'ol tungsten.

Quote Originally Posted by nonob88 View Post
    First look at Ariel's new hair!

https://twitter.com/#!/MiceChat/status/198496209726476288/photo/1

tweeted by @MiceChat
    Thank you, Lasseter. It really does make the scene better
    "I have been up against tough competition all my life. I wouldn't know how to get along without it"
    -Walt Disney

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TravisMT81 View Post
    While I love the decor of the 1901 lounge, I wish it was a bit more rich and darker. Maybe it is the camera, but it is so bright in there.
    You're not kidding. I've seen more interesting lighting in WalMart.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Saw the new ride signs for Carsland on MiceChatter. Looks pretty cool and the host is kinda cute. Probably gonna watch it more often, lol.

Looking forward to checking all the new stuff in the winter when the summer crowds go away. No me gusta crowds.

---------- Post added 05-04-2012 at 03:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    You're not kidding. I've seen more interesting lighting in WalMart.
    I almost spit out my diet coke with that remark. too funny!
    This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is mine.

• Lion

The harshness of the light in those photos is almost certainly due to post processing on those photos. They look like they've been psuedo-HDR'ed (maybe a shadow and highlight in photoshop or something to that effect), and then a color balance or levels correction.

I'm not sure, but I'm guessing that the human eye response to that area will be much warmer than how it looks. Photos, especially if post-processed, can be very bad at recreating the color balance and temperature.

• 5 Star

Wasnt the team going to repaint the mural near It's Tough to Be a Bug? Any word on that?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Quacky4Donald View Post
    My memory is a bit foggy about what Al has said regarding DCA's upcoming business hours, but I think he mentioned the 8:00AM time was going to be for "Magic Morning" Guests and AP holders. Correct me if I'm wrong, though, please.

I think everyone remember Al said the hours were going to be 8-11 and remember the talk about the Magic Morning hours being introduced, but oddly seem to have forgotten he talked about the opening day ceremony and the delayed opening in the exact same report. This is what he wrote in the 'Save the Date' article where he talked about all the new hours and schedule for the park:

June 15th, however, is the day everyone will be waiting for. The plan now is to brand that day as an official Grand Re-Opening, something that has never happened to a Disney theme park before, and a new park dedication speech will be made by Bob Iger on Buena Vista Street that morning. Due to the planned Grand Re-Opening ceremony, DCA will not open to the public until 9:00 a.m. or 9:30 a.m. that day, but once it does the rush will be on to explore Buena Vista Street and Cars Land.
    So this was always part of the plan as reported. I am amazed how Al has been 99% right on everything so far with DCA expansion and announcements...even down to TLM change over dates he announced months ago. I think he was off by one day lol. Keep it going!

• A pirate's life for me!

Quote Originally Posted by kibia16 View Post
    And with that, Buena Vista Street and Carthay Circle take the prize for Best Change to DCA. (As if there was a question LOL!)
    Disneyland will always be the best, because Walt walked there.

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

Quote Originally Posted by captainZachsparrow View Post
    And with that, Buena Vista Street and Carthay Circle take the prize for Best Change to DCA. (As if there was a question LOL!)
    And the runner up for best change: Ariels new hair!!

I kid, I kid. But I do think Ariels new hair is a DRASTIC improvement.
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Her movements are even better! She actually looks like she is dancing! Great replacement all around.

Max Guggenheim’s 5/3/12 DLR Photo Report - Max Guggenheim’s 5/3/12 DLR Photo Report | Disneyland News Today

Max has some amazing photos of BVS showing lots of details. This one is a good example of how BVS will look as we gaze towards the front entrance.

• Dream in wonderful color!

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicBear View Post
    Max Guggenheim’s 5/3/12 DLR Photo Report - Max Guggenheim’s 5/3/12 DLR Photo Report | Disneyland News Today

Max has some amazing photos of BVS showing lots of details. This one is a good example of how BVS will look as we gaze towards the front entrance.
    wow, so many great photos there - thanks for posting the link!
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

• Become part of MY world!

I'm not so crazy about the interior of 1901. I was expecting something different, more speak easy/ 1920's looking. Or more luxurious looking, I mean I've never been to club 33 but from pics, it looks very detailed and very luxurious and "rich", I don't really get that with 1901. It just looks like a very nice break room or entertaining area for business execs. But I guess that's what they were going for! The furnishings look a little too modern to me, and remind me a lot of the GCH. But who cares about my opinion since I'll probably never experience it! LOL
    Poor unfortunate Souls.