Page 5 of 668 FirstFirst ... 2345678153055105505 ... LastLast

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker 12

Quote Originally Posted by dmomof4 View Post
    FYI...the new temporary entrance will be opening this Friday! (Tomorrow)
    Whoa, they are motivated to get this done!

• Nope! No grown-ups here!

@nonob88: That 'V-shaped topper' on Flo's is supposed to be a wing nut - the kind typically used to hold the lid on classic-style air cleaners in cars. I believe that's what Flo's is supposed to resemble.

Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by dmomof4 View Post
    FYI...the new temporary entrance will be opening this Friday! (Tomorrow)
    awesome news! its happening a bit sooner than expected.

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Great news dmomof4. It's cool to hear it's happening so soon. About a week earlier than we originally heard

Quote Originally Posted by BiggestDisneyFan View Post
    @nonob88: That 'V-shaped topper' on Flo's is supposed to be a wing nut - the kind typically used to hold the lid on classic-style air cleaners in cars. I believe that's what Flo's is supposed to resemble.

I always figured it was a taillight

Name:  Classic-Car-Tail-Light-1236072.jpg
Views: 761
Size:  20.1 KB

EDIT - Totally see what you're saying now. I misunderstood because I didn't see Flo's in your picture. Only saw the mountains in the back, so I got confused. Sorry!
    Last edited by DJM; 08-18-2011 at 10:27 AM.
    This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is mine.

Mint Crocodile is posting on Twitter that:
    At Disney California Adventure, it looks like Mayer's Junkyard Jamboree has received a lot of new trees.
    Twitter

Great to hear. The concept art and the models have shown lots of trees around Mater's and throughout all of Carsland. I remember hearing both John Lasseter and the Imagineers have incorporated many trees into the desert landscape of Carsland. I'm sure they'll be plenty of pines, cottonwoods, poplars, ash, desert willow, mesquite, etc...all trees that grow well in the desert, some even natural to it. I'm very interested in seeing how they get the desert look really across through the land...I'm assuming some planters and open space similar to the ones in Frontierland that have rocks and stuff but with Carsland having more sagebrush featured (a lot it looks like from the Tow Mater concept art). Hopefully they include some desert flowers and bushes as well.

For more pictures of this model go to this link Magic Eye: D23 Expo Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Pavillion

Last edited by SoCalFan; 08-18-2011 at 10:26 AM.

What part of Flo's looks like a taillight?

• Dream in wonderful color!

A first look at the new DCA park maps!

Note the layout of the walls in front of the Carthay - it looks like they plan on opening the pathway directly in front of the pump house. The construction walls will go around the new fountain. I guess this confirms that the parade will in fact be able to cross through here and make its way down the full parade route

Name:  bvsmap.jpg
Views: 1069
Size:  113.6 KB

You can download the full map at Disneyland.com:

Maps | Disneyland Resort
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

• film975

I would love to see Disney clean up the old film for Soarin' and swtich to a digital projection of it.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by nonob88 View Post

Note the layout of the walls in front of the Carthay - it looks like they plan on opening the pathway directly in front of the pump house. The construction walls will go around the new fountain. I guess this confirms that the parade will in fact be able to cross through here and make its way down the full parade route

You can download the full map at Disneyland.com:

Maps | Disneyland Resort
    Excellent catch! People had been wondering if they would do it and frankly it makes a lot of sense to get a patch open there as quickly as possible.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

What part of Flo's looks like a taillight?
    None, I screwed up. I didn't see Flo's in the picture and misunderstood what was being talked about. So nothing is supposed to look like a taillight. My bad.
    This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is mine.

Quote Originally Posted by nonob88 View Post

Very nice find! Thank you. This does show how PPP will possibly return in the winter. Looks great. If you look at the new, temporary entrance path into DCA on the map it looks like the thing is lined in walls with the streamlined fins of the Pan Pacific entrance

The latest construction photos do show how far along they are with the walkway between the fountain and CCT. I wonder if this path will be opening when the new temporary entrance opens.

has anyone notice how sharp the turn is in the parade route in front of the carthay. Once the parade goes in front of the Carthay there is a hard turn left.

I wonder if eventually the parade will turn right and go around the fountain for a much more smooth turn

• Nope! No grown-ups here!

That would make a lot of sense. For one thing, it would allow more guests to sit around the whole fountain and still have a good view of the parade.
    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!