Page 50 of 668 FirstFirst ... 404748495051525360100150550 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker 12

Quote Originally Posted by Reeder View Post
    Am I the only one who caught this? Thanks, Fred! Looking forward to seeing it!
    I guess they put all those new trees in just in time! :P

• Carbon based

Quote Originally Posted by Reeder View Post
    Am I the only one who caught this? Thanks, Fred! Looking forward to seeing it!
    Seeing it? Can't you take my word for it?
    Where's the love? Where's the trust? Where's the blind faith in a random anonymous stranger from the InterWeb?

...to be honest, I was surprised not to get a 'Picture or it didn't happen!!!'

Anyway...

How do you like my photoshop skills?

Plenty more pics soon of pseudo interesting things (I'm going with 'Less story, more show-y' this week )

LATE NIGHT UPDATE: The text was a joke but the picture is not. This is NOT PhotoShop-ed, they had one tractor running on the Mater Jamboree left plater section (the one closest to the Blue Sky Cellar and the one that had the gantry installed to help setup the tractor.) I'm just adding this because it seems some people are wondering if this is in fact a fake. Nope, I'm not that good at Photo Editing, even with the blur.

And I don't even own PhotoShop
    Last edited by TreoFred; 09-01-2011 at 12:18 AM. Reason: because some people believed this was a fake

Quote Originally Posted by TreoFred View Post
    On a completely (kinda) area, early ride testing is in progress at Mater. At least one tractor running

TTFN.
    This is awesome news! Thank you!

• Carbon based

I guess somebody didn't like the joke: I got negative rep for my post with the picture?!?

oh well... c'est la vie... Still more pictures of other things coming soon I guess.

---------- Post added 08-31-2011 at 01:41 PM ----------

The inside of Flo's "upstairs". There's a lot of space there (the ladder on the side gives some scale, it is a heavy duty Fiberglass Werner Twin Step Ladder, model T6212 being 12ft tall ... I'm talking about the one that's propped almost vertical, not the sliding one on the far leftright! I said right! )

Last edited by TreoFred; 08-31-2011 at 01:46 PM. Reason: because at my age, you'd think I know my left from my right...

• Nope! No grown-ups here!

Quote Originally Posted by Quiksotik View Post
    Prefer this idea, but it doesn't even need to be contemporary. Something nice and thirties would do just fine, methinks.
    I meant contemporary to that time period - more jazz club than 'riverboat' style.
    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

• Carbon based

I have a special treat for you, folks. You may never have seen this before... there it is- the backside of wall-er!

Most report I see take the pic from the MFW which is great for the overall view but not always ideal to see how much the toothpick extend from the wall. So there it is, the west wing wall.

And, yes: they were actively working on it this morning.
    Last edited by TreoFred; 08-31-2011 at 01:48 PM.

Thanks for the pics, TreoFred!

Hmmm... It appears that all of the stuff we can see inside the round part of Flo's may be scaffolding. If that's the case, then there may actually be room to put a dining room in there. (See previous conversation on this topic).
    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    There was mention of some kind of a show involving "newsies" and the trolley. Showed dancing and singing. Could be cool. Would be awesome if they just walked around doing their newsie thing and then spontaneously did the shows flashmob style.

Streetmosphere like the Dapper Dans and the Main Street performing groups really bring that area to life, I'm sure they'll do something with BVS too.
    Here is the show concept art: Laughing Place Lotion: Blue Sky Cellar Unveils New Exhibit (Laughing Place Lotion) - LaughingPlace.com: Disney World, Disneyland and More

To bad the big song and dance number from the movie is "King of NEW YORK" cause BVS is definitely not on the east coast.

• I'm not really here

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

I would love to see Streetmospher characters that can interacted with more spontaneous one-on-one experiences as well as more performances:

Until I saw this picture, I had no idea that the backside of the west wall was so close to the (parade?) building next to it! If they are going to build faux rock there, it looks like it will have to touch on the building. That is unless the toothpicks are just being hung at random lengths and will eventually be cut down to a much shorter, more uniform length?
    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TreoFred View Post
    Seeing it? Can't you take my word for it?
    Where's the love? Where's the trust? Where's the blind faith in a random anonymous stranger from the InterWeb?

...to be honest, I was surprised not to get a 'Picture or it didn't happen!!!'

Anyway...

How do you like my photoshop skills?

Plenty more pics soon of pseudo interesting things (I'm going with 'Less story, more show-y' this week )
    Can't thank you enough for your contributions!

• Carbon based

Quote Originally Posted by BiggestDisneyFan View Post
    Until I saw this picture, I had no idea that the backside of the west wall was so close to the (parade?) building next to it! If they are going to build faux rock there, it looks like it will have to touch on the building. That is unless the toothpicks are just being hung at random lengths and will eventually be cut down to a much shorter, more uniform length?
    Well, from everything we've seen before, you need to have clearance on the toothpicks as you build some plank scaffolding in front. Today, some of those toothpicks definitely go beyond the side of the parade building. And there's also a traditional scaffolding (which I didn't take a picture of) being put in place at the bottom alongside the same parade storage building.

---------- Post added 08-31-2011 at 02:59 PM ----------

Trying to help some people get answers to some questions, I remember one was flying around about curbs on Buena Vista Street. So here are a couple sneaky ones to help answer that one (if you're in the park early enough, you can see all the workers go back from the 10:30 break: time to take a quick peek through those many locked doors )

First, along Cathay Circle:

Next, from alongside the pumphouse (trickier to see but you can see the form where concrete will be poured for the sidewalk, there's also a new concrete border on the side where the blue railing used to be... In fact, it looks like it was pushed back a little...)

More to come.

Update:
    I was re-reading that post and I'm not sure the form is very visible (my photobucket account seriously downscales all the pictures I upload ) so here's a cropped/zoomed/torn piece of that same last pic:
    Last edited by TreoFred; 08-31-2011 at 03:55 PM.

CURBS! YAY! Hmmm... Was that too much?
    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

• Dream in wonderful color!

^ Thanks for the pictures!

Do you know what music loop, if any, they are using at the entrance? Is it still the Sunshine Plaza music or has it been changed to something else?
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney