Page 500 of 668 FirstFirst ... 400450475490497498499500501502503510525550600 ... LastLast
Results 7,486 to 7,500 of 10011

• Resident of the Caldera

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker 12

As I said earlier, I think you're going to see new ride vehicles go into Luigi's Flying Tires within two years to fix the problem. Lighter ride vehicles with less of a rigid skirt on the sides to increase the feeling of buoyancy.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Analyst View Post
    I feel like the reason they added the beach balls has been stretched by many.. Did anyone stop to think it was done strictly for nostalgia sake, and was always planned??
    Nothing says desert southwest like beach balls.

You mean nostalgia for the old Flying Saucers? If so, those balls were much smaller. These look so big, I think the ride vehicles will be knocked backwards when they hit one.

• Become part of MY world!

I'm not saying LFT is a bad ride or flawed, but the way I look at it, why have they been testing this attraction so much more early, with CMs and families, than the others? MJJ looked like it was ready months before LFT and there have been no official testings that we know of. So maybe there is something wrong, or something they need to tweak, which is why it's having such early previews and testing.
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by disneyland255 View Post
    ...it sucks that people are so quick to judge when they haven't ridden it. Whether Al or any other people on these forums or elsewhere. They haven't ridden, yet they completely tear the attraction apart. It happens all the time here. People aren't willing to give the benefit of the doubt.
    Everyone is entitled to voice their own opinions. Mine is that given the screwups, cheapouts and disappointments that Disney has dished to the public in the last two decades, pre-opening skepticism of Luigi's Flying Tires is completely warranted. I don't think Disney's cash customers owe the Disney Corporation the benefit of the doubt -- just the opposite: Disney owes its customers proof that it is upholding its claim of offering a premium product for the premium price it charges. Unfortunately, Disney's recent track record has left many customers with the feeling that it is long on hype and short on performance.

There is a lot of doubt about LFT being ready for prime time. It seems totally justified. Especially considering the buzz from CMs in the last weeks that LFT is nowhere near performing as planned (the CM reports are remarkable, considering the risk employees take by saying anything outside Disney's official pixiedust PR -- especially anything negative).
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Quote Originally Posted by Ursulalvr View Post
    why have they been testing this attraction so much more early, with CMs and families, than the others? MJJ looked like it was ready months before LFT

Water dummies can't lean and operate a joystick.
    *A Republic... If you can keep it*

Quote Originally Posted by planodisney View Post
    Has anyone else read Al's editor note today? luigis realy has turned into a disaster. It seams that the spinning mechanism doesnt work and just gets people angry who spend the duration of the ride trying to get it tow work. They have had to simplify the instructions in the queue. They are now handing out COLORING BOOKS and STICKERS to children because the line is so painfully slow. AND, they have added even more beach balls. I am assuming because the ride is incredibly boring. This is a disaster of epic Disney proportions.
    EDITORíS NOTE 5/8: The latest test of Luigi's Flying Tires for Cast Members and their families happened this past weekend. There were more beach balls than ever out on the floor, the flying instructions in the queue have been simplified, and the CM's are now giving out stickers and coloring books to entertain kids in the very slow line. But the ridiculously useless "spin control" nozzle on every vehicle remains, and it aggravated anyone who wasted their time trying to get it to work. DCA's reincarnation of the Flying Saucers still needs help. - Al Lutz
    I rode the Tires twice last Saturday, officially as a "Guest" of a buddy CM who got me in with his family. It's not an "Epic Disaster", but it needs some help. The spin control thing is stupid and it simply doesn't work. People sit there pulling on the spin nozzle for two minutes and it does nothing; WDI should yank those things out pronto. The directions in the queue are simple but you really have to ride this thing for yourself before you get it. It's not easy to get it to move and it takes practice.

The beach balls are actually a lot of fun. I had more fun with those than the ride, but they improve the overall ride experience a lot. We passed on the coloring book thing they were passing out, but I did get a flight instructor sticker. Oh, and the interior queue is surprisingly detailed and interesting.

But I don't think Luigi's is an "epic disaster". An epic disaster would be a ride system that doesn't work, or a side of the show building collapsing a month before opening, or a fire in the show building that burned up all the animatronics. That's a disaster level event. The current Luigi's Flying Tires is just sort of underwhelming and more focused on beach balls than flying tires.

Here are a few pictures I took at the park today.

The lights were on at Oswald's
    Name:  IMG_3269.JPG
Views: 998
Size:  111.2 KB

Name:  IMG_3285.JPG
Views: 1010
Size:  131.4 KB

The painting looks like it's finished.
    Name:  IMG_3270.JPG
Views: 1013
Size:  175.5 KB

The entrance for the party. I think it looks pretty cool.
    Name:  IMG_3272.JPG
Views: 1232
Size:  198.2 KB

The back looking towards the street. Not so cool...lol

Name:  IMG_3274.JPG
Views: 1014
Size:  222.1 KB

The lane lines have been painted in. They were also filming around the courthouse.

Name:  IMG_3275.JPG
Views: 1015
Size:  177.6 KB

Name:  IMG_3278.JPG
Views: 1007
Size:  132.4 KB

There was a lot of people and commotion happening around Radiator Springs actually. It seemed like there were plenty of people with and without hard hats walking around. I also peeked through the walls by a bug's land and there was another camera being moved from there as well. My guess is that today was a big filming day.

Taste Pilots had a tarp covering the front.

Name:  IMG_3282.JPG
Views: 1003
Size:  150.3 KB

And that's all I got.
    Last edited by neodude; 05-08-2012 at 06:37 PM.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Westsider View Post
    I rode the Tires twice last Saturday, officially as a "Guest" of a buddy CM who got me in with his family. It's not an "Epic Disaster", but it needs some help. The spin control thing is stupid and it simply doesn't work. People sit there pulling on the spin nozzle for two minutes and it does nothing; WDI should yank those things out pronto. The directions in the queue are simple but you really have to ride this thing for yourself before you get it. It's not easy to get it to move and it takes practice.

The beach balls are actually a lot of fun. I had more fun with those than the ride, but they improve the overall ride experience a lot. We passed on the coloring book thing they were passing out, but I did get a flight instructor sticker. Oh, and the interior queue is surprisingly detailed and interesting.

But I don't think Luigi's is an "epic disaster". An epic disaster would be a ride system that doesn't work, or a side of the show building collapsing a month before opening, or a fire in the show building that burned up all the animatronics. That's a disaster level event. The current Luigi's Flying Tires is just sort of underwhelming and more focused on beach balls than flying tires.
    This sounds about right: it's not a disaster, but it's just much more difficult than was expected (which is still a problem, to be sure).

I realize nothing is this easy, but since you rode it does it seem like "turning up the jets" on the air pumps would help the issue at all? Getting those tires even half an inch further off the ground would probably help get things moving until we see the (predictably) redesigned ride vehicles much further down the road

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Everyone is entitled to voice their own opinions. Mine is that given the screwups, cheapouts and disappointments that Disney has dished to the public in the last two decades, pre-opening skepticism of Luigi's Flying Tires is completely warranted. I don't think Disney's cash customers owe the Disney Corporation the benefit of the doubt -- just the opposite: Disney owes its customers proof that it is upholding its claim of offering a premium product for the premium price it charges. Unfortunately, Disney's recent track record has left many customers with the feeling that it is long on hype and short on performance.

There is a lot of doubt about LFT being ready for prime time. It seems totally justified. Especially considering the buzz from CMs in the last weeks that LFT is nowhere near performing as planned (the CM reports are remarkable, considering the risk employees take by saying anything outside Disney's official pixiedust PR -- especially anything negative).
    Not just that....what confuses me if the fact that they know rides like this get WAY too long of lines...so they went back and redid Dumbo at WDw...why not do the samething here but on ALL new rides being built....they had the room to make another area for two flying saucers rings...but for some reason decided against it...my guess is money but it sucks that I feel that most...normal guest will either have to wait a VERY long time (over 30 mins) for the two small rides in Carsland or skip them because the line is just so bad.

Bad choice on Disney...and kinda confused why AL said that the line area's will have to be changed in two years for the new "virtual" Q's sounds to me if they did i right fist they would have enough money to had make that extra Saucers Ring no problem

• Senior Minion

^ Yep. That said, my hope is that LFT gets whatever tweaking, upgrading or re-engineering needed to make it sing. I have very fond memories of the Flying Saucers (I was big enough for my age as a kid and teen to get those suckers up to Ramming Speed and paste my shrimpy brothers! ), and I hope that LFT tops them -- if not when it opens, then at least sooner than later.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

I think that if they are going to keep the beach balls, they should have some made that look like tumble weeds. They would match the theme and would not look so out of place

Quote Originally Posted by nonob88 View Post
    Thank you for posting the link, everything is looking great.

I wasn't able to figure out if this is a real photo or CGI but I think it may be real!

I think it is real. If you look at the main sign on the building the F in Flo's is partially out. It is on 2 of the closeup photos on the website. How strange they didn't notice when they took the photo.

Or at the least color them red white and green like the flags hanging above. I think someone had suggested that before.

• 5 Star

Quote Originally Posted by neodude View Post
    Here are a few pictures I took at the park today.

Name:  IMG_3270.JPG
Views: 1013
Size:  175.5 KB

Test Pilots had a tarp covering the front.

Name:  IMG_3282.JPG
Views: 1003
Size:  150.3 KB
    The sign looks awesome, and I really want to know how they're going to fix the front of taste pilot's. Good pictures!

• With The Brain Of A Bird

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I think that if they are going to keep the beach balls, they should have some made that look like tumble weeds. They would match the theme and would not look so out of place
    I was imagining them looking like boulders that rolled down from the mountain but I guess that would seem a little weird having big boulders bouncing around the tires. Tumble weeds would be more realistic.
    "Anything's possible at Disneyland." - Walt Disney, 1965