Page 502 of 668 FirstFirst ... 2402452477492499500501502503504505512527552602 ... LastLast
Results 7,516 to 7,530 of 10011

• Minion

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker 12

Stopped by the parks today to register for the AP F! event. I rode the Monorail to check out BVS and I noticed the spiel still mentions Electronica as you travel through HPB.

Quote Originally Posted by bfdf55 View Post
    Well, it appears (via Google Maps) that WDI still has their LFT test bed. I think that they could try and develop smaller single passenger tire as has been suggested. I think that it would be more successful and I would certainly prefer riding one of those over the huge two person version.
    Disney is probably not going to replace the Luigi's vehicles with a one passenger version. Reason? Kids under the age of 7 would not be able to ride it at all. Disney requires children under the age of 7 to be accompanied by an "adult" 16 years old or 54" tall.

That's probably why they made the vehicles two seaters in the first place.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post
    I'm pretty sure thats the reason too, but if it helps, it helps! This ride is basically a month away from opening. It was first announced 5 YEARS ago! That means they been designing and testing this attraction for years now and still having problems with it. So if its not getting better now, its not getting better!
    Honestly, at times I think this park is just cursed. What an embarrassment (as if TLM wasn't bad enough).

Fountain Valley, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by 80sDLCastMember View Post
    Honestly, at times I think this park is just cursed. What an embarrassment (as if TLM wasn't bad enough).
    I wouldn't say TLM is bad. I've talked to a bunch of friends and family, who enjoy the park without a figurative magnifying glass that sometimes I do, and although they say it isn't the most amazing attraction ever, it definitely is a good attraction that kids enjoy and some of my friends who grew up with the film loved it as well. I wouldn't say TLM is an embarrassment. I think it adds a lot to Paradise Pier and I enjoy it.

• Insomniac

^^Umm TLM is very popular... Just because you don't like it personally doesn't mean that it is a failure. Obviously DCA will NEVER have as high attendance as Disneyland so therefore TLM and other rides will have shorter lines because there are less people in the park. Disneyland has more rides than DCA but Disneyland's capacity is something like 80,000 where DCA is something like 30,000. Per ride there just is never going to be as many people in DCA. That means that even on capacity days TLM will not have line as long as HM even though TLM has the same ride system. TLM, Paradise Gardens, ect that certain people think are failures are certainly not seen as so by Disney.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco21 View Post
    ^^Umm TLM is very popular... Just because you don't like it personally doesn't mean that it is a failure. Obviously DCA will NEVER have as high attendance as Disneyland so therefore TLM and other rides will have shorter lines because there are less people in the park. Disneyland has more rides than DCA but Disneyland's capacity is something like 80,000 where DCA is something like 30,000. Per ride there just is never going to be as many people in DCA. That means that even on capacity days TLM will not have line as long as HM even though TLM has the same ride system. TLM, Paradise Gardens, ect that certain people think are failures are certainly not seen as so by Disney.
    If you find TLM to be a creative, original, memorable experience, than God bless ya. Personally, I'd rather ride Mr. Toad. And yes, that is my opinion - not sure why when someone states an opinion people feel the need to disprove it. You love it, great. I find it to be a sad commentary on what WDI has become.

And here's a ringing endorsement about a major attraction that was meant to start to change people's perception about DCA:

"I've talked to a bunch of friends and family, who enjoy the park without a figurative magnifying glass that sometimes I do, and although they say it isn't the most amazing attraction ever, it definitely is a good attraction that kids enjoy and some of my friends who grew up with the film loved it as well."

Ah yes, the old Disney magic is back!
    Last edited by 80sDLCastMember; 05-09-2012 at 12:34 AM.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

DCA is not cursed, it's the lack of real talent at WDI and the ever growing corporate mentality which stifles creativity.

• Senior Minion

If you find TLM to be a creative, original, memorable experience, than God bless ya. Personally, I'd rather ride Mr. Toad. And yes, that is my opinion - not sure why when someone states an opinion people feel the need to disprove it. You love it, great. I find it to be a sad commentary on what WDI has become.
    Declining by Degrees or "The Creeping Meh"... same difference. Enormous budgets spent for attractions that are... meh. Rocket Rods. Winnie the Pooh. Tarzan's Treehouse. Finding Nemo Underwater Kiddie Video. Luigi's Underinflated Tires. Lackluster parades, generic merchandise, mismatched themes... the list is long and sad when compared to the blow-your-socks-off innovation that the Company was once capable of -- and insisted on.

The reality is that when it comes to the heritage of heavy creative lifting that gave birth to Disneyland and drove its astonishing first quarter century, the Disney Company's muscles have atrophied. They simply cannot press that kind of weight any more.

Even if they wanted to.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

I noticed that they Disney website does not mention Condor Flats as a separate land as some thought they were still going to keep referring to as a land. It now combines Soaring and GRR It says....

Golden State

Discover the spirit of adventure amid the natural wonderland of Golden State! Take in awe-inspiring landscapes on Soarin' Over California, splash over white-water rapids on the Grizzly River Run or relax with a fine glass of wine and a laid-back meal at the Wine Country Trattoria at the Golden Vine Winery.

If anyone is interested, here is an interactive map for Carsland featuring Radiator Springs Radio. I just like to listen to what they say, but most of the stuff leads you back to the disneyland website.

Cars Land | Opening June 15 | Disney California Adventure Park

Also New Carsland CM? Maybe the one they will use for TV?

I forgot to mention that they opened the Blue Sky Cellar again. I'm not sure if it's new or if I just barely noticed but they were playing music that could very well be background music for Cars Land. For example, while I was there they played Green Onions by Book T.& The MG's and Wheels by The Flying Burrito Brothers.

Not sure if anyone has made the connection but I just noticed Ariel's new hair resembles the hair that she has on the poster for the ride.

Name:  IMG2413-X2.jpg
Views: 827
Size:  150.8 KB

She has the flower and everything

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

You people confuse me.. The Little Mermaid is one of the most high tech, highly themed Fantasyland style darkrides created.. it blows toad, snow, pinnochio, and alice out of the water.. Peter Pan only wins because of the ride vehicle.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

I like TLM and don't think at all it is bad, in fact I think it is well done for what it is.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

Quote Originally Posted by SoarinMatt View Post
    Disney is probably not going to replace the Luigi's vehicles with a one passenger version. Reason? Kids under the age of 7 would not be able to ride it at all. Disney requires children under the age of 7 to be accompanied by an "adult" 16 years old or 54" tall.

That's probably why they made the vehicles two seaters in the first place.
    Couldn`t they have smaller single rider tires with room for lap sitting for little ones? Maybe they need to keep the large tires for wheelchair access.

• We set sail for the sky

Has anyone else been wondering what might happen with the beach balls when the Santa Ana winds start blowing?