Page 511 of 668 FirstFirst ... 11411461486501508509510511512513514521536561611 ... LastLast
Results 7,651 to 7,665 of 10011

• Banned User

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker 12

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
    Well browsing through Twitter, it looks like the few who were able to attend the little media preview today in DCA were able to go behind the wall in Cars Land. Everybody's response...amazement. We're in for something great!

Here's a sampling:

https://twitter.com/#!/arounddisney

https://twitter.com/#!/AboutThemeParks

https://twitter.com/#!/DiningInDisney

https://twitter.com/#!/mrdaps

There's also some nice stuff on all these Twitters and some more about the preview today. The food for Cars Land looks and sounds great. Fun snack food at the Cozy Cone and great, classic comfort/diner food at Flo's. Here's all about the food Cuisine of Cars Land: Disneyland dishes handheld eats at Cozy Cone Motel and comfort food at 300-seat Flo’s V8 Cafe diner | Inside the Magic
    WOW!!

You know what those reactions sound like to me? The first time I went to TDS and saw Mediterranian Harbor for the first time! I was BLOWN away! I have not been that blown away ANYWHERE else at any Disney park on the planet. There's not a single thing at DL that comes close to that moment. None!

But it sounds like CL may be that moment now! If people are saying Disney has slacked on this land, so far not one review has confirmed it. Just the opposite in fact! I cant wait!

• the F.O.D. solution.

Finally got a mini walk-thru of Buena Vista Street this week... so many little details to absorb and appreciate. My favorite was the W.D. + L.B. carved into one of the trees.

Wow that is special! To think that they took the time to put in a detail so personal and symbolic of love is very touching.

I'm in CL on almost a daily basis and I still get the "Whoa" feeling everytime I walk in there especially at night.
    I'm pretty sure i've been telling all of you this for months, glad there are others that back up my own feelings about the place.
    But please continue with the complaining of places and rides you have not been on yet, I apologize for the positive interruption.

This looks SOOOOOOOO good!

Items from Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Cafe.

Twitter

How dare you, Insider!!

Mint is up.........

Magic Eye

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Wow, so much since last week! Lines have all been painted or repainted, Buena Vista street looks amazing, and I really like the look of Mad T Party!!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

went on luigi's for the first time yesterday, had a blast. Don't really understand where all the negative reviews are coming from

Oh my god, I am so excited to eat at DCA 2.0! Soooo many new choices! I am seriously happy for all these new restaurants and cafes to open

Along Buena Vista Street
    Carthay Circle Restaurant and Lounge

• Signature dining at the Carthay Circle Restaurant upstairs (200 seats indoors, 56 seats on the terrace), with a 68-seat lounge downstairs. Hours 11 a.m.-10 p.m.
    • Open for lunch and dinner with a market-inspired menu created by Andrew Sutton, executive chef for Napa Rose and the Carthay Circle Restaurant, with Chef de Cuisine Gloria Tae running the kitchen.
    • Menu includes five varieties of sustainable fish, both wild and farmed, in dishes such as sushi-grade yellowtail, grilled with jerk spice and topped with tropical salsa, and Sierra Golden trout roasted with couscous, lemon and oil. Lunch menu includes udon noodle bowl with red Thai curry broth and Angus burger with Tillamook cheddar cheese.
    • Features hand-crafted cocktails, California beers from smaller breweries, wines from around the world with a strong focus on California vineyards, and lounge cocktails based on popular drinks from the 1930s including martinis and classic punches.
    • Spanish Colonial Revival architecture, inspired by the original Carthay Circle Theatre in Los Angeles where “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs” premiered in 1937. Features include custom tiles, custom plaster finishes, ornate woodwork.
    • Each guest who orders an entrée and an appetizer, or an entrée and a dessert, will receive a ticket to a center-stage viewing area for the nighttime spectacular, “World of Color.”
    • Reservations are recommended: 714-781-DINE.

Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Cafe

• Quick-service and bakery with 134 seats inside, 44 outside with a view of Carthay Circle
    • Open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Breakfast includes cinnamon rolls with cream cheese icing, pastries and hot breakfast sandwiches
    • Showcases Starbucks coffee drinks, with baristas in 1920s-inspired attire.
    • Signature sandwiches with kettle potato chips, including roast beef and cheddar, turkey Reuben, paneer and roasted vegetable, and salami with olive tapenade.
    • Two house soups daily, such as vegetarian cream spinach, chicken tortilla, lentil, Portobello barley, hearty meat stew, classic chicken noodle, vegetable minestrone with pasta, and cheesy enchilada

Clarabelle’s Hand-Scooped Ice Cream

• Hand-scooped ice cream in waffle cones, sundaes (hot fudge, mocha, mint, strawberry)
    • Chocolate-dipped ice cream bars (milk or dark chocolate)

Mortimer’s Market

• Fruit and beverage kiosk with whole and cut fresh fruits, bottled water and juices, and soft drinks
    • According to Disney legend, Walt Disney created Mickey Mouse on a train trip from New York to Los Angeles in March 1928. He called his creation Mortimer Mouse, but wife Lillian objected, saying Mortimer was too formal. So Walt changed it to Mickey.

Cruising through Cars Land
    Flo’s V8 Cafe

• Full meals at a quick-service counter, with seats for 300
    • Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
    • Inspired by vintage roadside restaurants along historic Route 66, specialties include rotisserie pork loin, citrus turkey and New York strip loin. Signature “veggie-tater bake” is Chef Sean Layne’s vegetarian version of classic shepherd’s pie.
    • House-made, single-serving pies include apple-cheddar, strawberry-rhubarb, chocolate mud, blueberry-peach and cherry, created by Disneyland Pastry Chef Jean-Marc Viallet.
    • Beers served are Racer 5 IPA and Red Rocket Ale from Bear Republic Brewing Co. in Healdsburg, Calif.
    • California wines by the glass include Fess Parker Riesling, Silverado Chardonnay, Chappellet Mountain Cuvee Cabernet Sauvignon and Eppa Superfruit Red Sangria.
    • Boasting “the finest fuel in the 50 states,” Flo’s caters to the growing number of Route 66 visitors and race fans coming to Radiator Springs, with a “showroom” dining area that overlooks the Radiator Springs Racers attraction.
    • The cafe also is home to Flo’s personal memorabilia, collected during her glamorous career as a singer with the Motorama Girls.

Cozy Cone Motel

• Quick-service, open for breakfast, lunch and dinner daily, with 56 seats outdoors
    • Inspired by vintage “wigwam” hotels along Route 66, each of the five teepees offers cone-themed treats.
    • Cone Number 1 offers churro bites with cinnamon-chocolate sauce, cinnamon-spiced hot cocoa and Ramone’s Pear of Dice Soda made with dessert pear syrup, mojito syrup and Sprite.
    • Cone Number 2 features soft-serve ice cream and “route” beer floats.
    • Cone Number 3 offers savory bites all served in edible bread cones, such as a bacon-scrambled egg cone for breakfast, chicken verde or chili “cone” queso for lunch and dinner. Specialty beverages are Fillmore’s Fuelin’ Groovy Ades, all-natural lemonade with wild berry foam, or pomegranate limeade with lemon-lime foam.
    • Cone Number 4 serves pretzel bites with cheesy sauce and Red’s Apple Freeze, a fat-free, frozen concoction with apple juice, toasted marshmallow syrup and passion fruit-mango foam.
    • Cone Number 5 features two flavored popcorns daily, such as dill pickle and sweet & spicy. Other flavors include bacon and cheddar, nacho cheese, salt and vinegar. Specialty drink is Doc’s Wild Grape Tonic (Sprite with wild grape syrup and wild berry foam).
    • As the story goes, the Cozy Cone Motel becomes home to Sally’s Snack Cone-anza when all the fans flock to Radiator Springs for the big races.

Fillmore’s Taste-In

• Fruit and beverage kiosk with fresh whole and cut fruits, bottled water and juices, and soft drinks.
    • Radiator Springs’ resident hippie, Fillmore, offers a variety of healthy snacks to visitors at his tie-dyed geodesic dome.
    From Fine Dining to Fast Casual, New Restaurants Play a Starring Role at Disney California Adventure Park | Disneyland News

Flo's food is to die for, I've been eating it all week

• Disneyland > Disney World

OMG! My mouth is watering! I've never been so excited to eat at DCA.
    Marvel + Disney =

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SoarinMatt View Post
    I'm starting to get frustrated with all the negativity flying around about Cars Land and TLM. This is exactly why DCA is never going to be great in people's eyes. Everyone is going to nitpick on every little detail just because DCA was awful when it first opened. Don't get me wrong, everyone is entitled to have their own opinion. But when we compare every single attraction in DCA to attractions at Disneyland, we are setting DCA up for failure. Yes, Disneyland is amazing and let's face it: it's nearly impossible to replicate something so perfect. To compare DCA to Disneyland is unfair.

DCA is far from perfect. We know this. Is it getting better? I think so. Will everyone agree with me? I doubt it. But to judge attractions before they're even open and saying things like "I'm not even going to bother checking out Luigi or Mater" or "RSR looks slow, it's going to suck" is presumptuous and short-sighted. Come on, let's stay positive and hope for the absolute best when DCA 2.0 has it's grand reopening next month.
    The people that have constant negative things to say are only a small fraction of the people that visit the park. It is, however, a large fraction of the people here
    Jeff Wayne

Wow, great Mint update. Final sidewalks going in, last details being adding, ready to spray wash the construction dirt off, almost ready, I'm ready!!

Asked this before, don't think I got an answer. What are the metal (and now a (fake) wood) poles on the right side of this picture for. They are along the sidewalk in front of Flo's. And I think in other pictures, you can see some on the left side of the street. I know the camera compresses everything, but they seem to stand out with an as yet unknown purpose.

• Toad Hall

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    Wow, great Mint update. Final sidewalks going in, last details being adding, ready to spray wash the construction dirt off, almost ready, I'm ready!!

Asked this before, don't think I got an answer. What are the metal (and now a (fake) wood) poles on the right side of this picture for. They are along the sidewalk in front of Flo's. And I think in other pictures, you can see some on the left side of the street. I know the camera compresses everything, but they seem to stand out with an as yet unknown purpose.

They are mostly for street signs containing like speed limits, yield, stop, and etc..
    <font size=4> </font>