Page 523 of 668 FirstFirst ... 23423473498513520521522523524525526533548573623 ... LastLast
Results 7,831 to 7,845 of 10011

• "What? What?"

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker 12

/\
    |
    That is sooo funny!! I rememeber my first trip to DCA.... around 2006. When we entered I was so so confused asking where is that bear mountain thing?!?! I thought it was their "Castle"?

• Banned User

I still miss those murals.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by neodude View Post
    Can I just say I'm really liking the banners they have created lately having to do with Cars Land and Buena Vista Street. They're looking pretty cool (even if the places are a little different in real life)

Attachment 19590
    Wow that just looks SO good! I love how it really does make you feel like you are in a Disney park with BVS being the fore front and then in the distance you got the mountains of CL and the Ferris wheel! I'm surprised they didnt include either the TLM building or Soarin on the right corner a bit but still cool!

I also think how odd it is looking at the 2001 photo shop the bear mountain was VERY prominent in the photos and all marketing materials with the park and now its not even shown basically! That shows you how much the park has changed I guess.

And to this day, I still have no idea why they didnt have the bear FACING the entrance and not its back turned to it? But welcome to DCA 1.0, the biggest screw up in Disney theme park history!

---------- Post added 05-15-2012 at 07:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by brenden View Post
    Now that I think about it, if you take a $500k donation and figure ~$50 per ticket ... that's only 10,000 people. Obviously, they won't be donating all of the proceeds, which is a pretty crappy move.
    Honestly it doesnt matter much eitherway! End of the day they are charging a VERY reasonable price to get a sneak peek of something and you still get DCA for the whole day. If I read it correctly even if you have an AP that blocks you out you can still sign up for the day so thats pretty good IMO! The fact some of it is going to charity is nice, but if they charged twice as much and kept it for themselves I dont think it would matter to most. They just want the chance to do it!

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

I wonder if the decision to not include Grizzly Peak was done on purpose because it served as the icon and "logo" for the park back when it was recieved so poorly.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    I wonder if the decision to not include Grizzly Peak was done on purpose because it served as the icon and "logo" for the park back when it was recieved so poorly.
    That would certainly be my guess!

I think the bear icon does remind you of DCA 1.0 which they are desperately trying to run away from even though the ride itself is fine and pretty popular for what it is.

• Lion

Ya I think that it might also just be that they want to accentuate all the new things (Cars Land rocks, Carthay) and Grizzly Peak would overshadow them if placed on there. And it's not like you can put just a tiny Grizzly Peak on the side of the image because it's huge. I think it's mostly an aesthetic thing to help keep the focus on the new DCA additions rather than trying to "hide" Grizzly Peak.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by simba View Post
    Ya I think that it might also just be that they want to accentuate all the new things (Cars Land rocks, Carthay) and Grizzly Peak would overshadow them if placed on there. And it's not like you can put just a tiny Grizzly Peak on the side of the image because it's huge. I think it's mostly an aesthetic thing to help keep the focus on the new DCA additions rather than trying to "hide" Grizzly Peak.
    No thats probably true, but I just mean in general the bear icon is just not part of the promotional material for the park anymore. Look at any material the last few years, I dont think you will see the bear icon in any of it. Or maybe I'm just not paying attention like I should.

The bear icon with Carthay would look quite great together in advertising. The forest theme and the art deco Carthay remind me of the Los Feliz area of Los Angeles. Lots of rolling hills, trees, and older buildings. Think Griffith Observatory. Name:  losangeles_011p.jpg
Views: 841
Size:  55.7 KB
    This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is mine.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post
    The fact some of it is going to charity is nice, but if they charged twice as much and kept it for themselves I dont think it would matter to most.
    How inspirational!

Honestly, good for them for donating a chunk of change to charity, I just wish it was a little more transparent because it sounds like that's what the cost is there for. They're already holding a free AP lotto, why should they charge for this? (other than the guarantee, obviously.) Lord knows they don't have to exploit thirsty AP holders for $50 a pop to let them scramble around their new land for four hours before anyone else (aka purely for bragging rights, and we all know it). You'd figure the "Disney" thing to do would be to donate all the proceeds to charity, considering they dumped $1billion into this new effort and will probably earn that back threefold in the years to come.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

But, they won't earn any of it back if they don't take advantage, selling the product they are developing... $3B is thirty million one day parkhopper tickets. Thats a lot of tickets and you still have to take every cent of the profit just to pay off the upgrades with none of it going to running the park, paying the staff, buying the fireworks, maintaining the attractions, etc, etc...

They aren't going to make back that investment any time soon just from DCA ticket sales...

Quote Originally Posted by brenden View Post
    Now that I think about it, if you take a $500k donation and figure ~$50 per ticket ... that's only 10,000 people. Obviously, they won't be donating all of the proceeds, which is a pretty crappy move.
    i suppose i can agree to an extent. but they do their fair share of donating...

Historic Relationship Continues with $5 Million Donation from the Disneyland Resort to Children

i feel like this time, this particular donation is probably more of a way to get APs to pay for something they normally wouldn't. so instead of the outrage ("they want me to pay an additional $50 on top of what i already pay for an AP?!") they'll get more people to go and look at it in a positive light ("well, i'm helping out a good cause, why not pay $50?").

myself, i'm opting to just brave the crowds during the first few weeks. who knows, the crowds might actually make it more exciting (like they did in OMDD, at least in my case) that you're experiencing this new DCA.

• Banned User

But, they won't earn any of it back if they don't take advantage, selling the product they are developing... $3B is thirty million one day parkhopper tickets. Thats a lot of tickets and you still have to take every cent of the profit just to pay off the upgrades with none of it going to running the park, paying the staff, buying the fireworks, maintaining the attractions, etc, etc...

They aren't going to make back that investment any time soon just from DCA ticket sales...
    It's not a hard criticism on Disney, I just wish there was some transparency with the message/cause. I understand that $3B won't be returned on tickets alone, which is why I said "in the years to come." Obviously, Carsland is an investment. Just like the films, they'll probably make their cash from merchandising. I know I'm getting my RIDEMAKERZ® Lightning McQueen© remote controlled car on June 9th.

The remainder of the proceeds will be used to enhance LFT jk lol.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Monkey View Post
    The remainder of the proceeds will be used to enhance LFT jk lol.
    Yay! They'll be able to afford beach balls for the next 20 years.

• Minion

Right. The $3B in upgrades would take a lot more than thirty million to cover, as the existing ticket price is already being used to cover park overhead and the cost of previous additions. The best they could do is a few dollars per ticket in the next price increase. No wonder their food prices are so high.