Page 552 of 668 FirstFirst ... 52452502527542549550551552553554555562577602652 ... LastLast
Results 8,266 to 8,280 of 10011

• MC Blogger

Blog Entries

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker 12

I love that this is one of the only things left from Sunshine Plaza. What a tasteful and fitting homage, hidden behind a building and difficult to see.

Magic Eye

^^^ Maybe it's not a homage. Here in Colorado, if you leave even one wall of a home or building, it is considered a remodel and is much cheaper from a permit and tax standpoint than new construction. Although that probably doesn't matter much with Disney!
    Mark

Disney parks and art, movies, music, more... Over 1, 500 Posts!
    www.InsightsandSounds.blogspot.com

Name:  i-qf4CF78-M.jpg
Views: 1039
Size:  81.3 KB
    It just keeps getting cooler and cooler

• will-o-the-whip

Quote Originally Posted by evergreen View Post
    I do graphic design so that spacing caught my eye also. I assume it's not the finished sign. I think (hope) its just a temporary "first draft."
    Yeah, I think all of us in graphic design, visual communication and/or advertising noticed that, and it's hurting our eyes. Please fix it, Disney.

I'm uploading some pictures from today, including evening pics, now...

I've got a few peeking into 1901 and Pig Cafe sign lit up.
    Last edited by WarningSLO; 05-24-2012 at 08:56 PM.
    *A Republic... If you can keep it*

Quote Originally Posted by DreamImagineCreate View Post
    Name:  i-qf4CF78-M.jpg
Views: 1039
Size:  81.3 KB
    It just keeps getting cooler and cooler
    It would have been cool if they painted that part of the concrete green, make it look like grass and then add lots of trees. Almost like a tea party in wonderland

Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post

I love that this is one of the only things left from Sunshine Plaza. What a tasteful and fitting homage, hidden behind a building and difficult to see.

Magic Eye

^^^ Maybe it's not a homage. Here in Colorado, if you leave even one wall of a home or building, it is considered a remodel and is much cheaper from a permit and tax standpoint than new construction. Although that probably doesn't matter much with Disney!
    Ya that's a good point about remodeling vs new construction.

But I was being sarcastic. I don't think anyone wants to remember Sunshine Plaza, especially Disney!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    It would have been cool if they painted that part of the concrete green, make it look like grass and then add lots of trees. Almost like a tea party in wonderland
    That would be really cool! They could have even added the singing flowers from the movie , or maybe a bandersnatch or jabbawocky statue.

• Dream in wonderful color!

Can't wait to see your photos, SLO!

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    If Disney were to see your posts, i'm sure they would think - " now why didn't we think of that!? "
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

*A Republic... If you can keep it*

• TDS and TDL FUN times

everything is shaping up beautifully ! Its amazing that just a few years ago... This was the DCA of old.

• Raconteur

Wonder if they're gonna use spotlights for the Carthay at all? I think that'd look pretty great.

Also, does anyone else hear the theme to Traverse Town from Kingdom Hearts in their head when they see BVS shots?
    Disneyland Resort Photography by Quiksotik
    Disneyland parking attendant: "Have a magical day, yo!"

Quote Originally Posted by Quiksotik View Post
    Wonder if they're gonna use spotlights for the Carthay at all? I think that'd look pretty great.
    I sure hope so!

It needs to be a movie premier every nite.

• Dream in wonderful color!

Anyone see this sign at the Cove Bar? Maybe a hint of what they're doing to the interior? It looks nice!

- Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

The Carthay looks absolutely beautiful and just spectacular! I'm in love with all the lighting, extensive tile work, and artful wrought iron work. Gorgeous stuff. Those arcades on either side of the building...those are just perfect and just seeing the pictures takes me back to another time to warm Southern California afternoon. The ornamentation, decoration, and detailing on not only the Carthay but throughout what we've seen of BVS is top notch work. I love the patterns and shapes and everything of 1920/30's design. BVS and the Carthay seems to be a perfect blend of Mission Revival and Art Deco.

I love the new period themed signage for the Cove Bar! It's great and blends well with the new time period theming for Paradise Pier. It looks nice with the new posters down the way (which are even better when seeing up close now). I wish they would put up some type of shade structure/pergola to shade the long lines that can form for Paradise Pier Ice Cream Co. on that very sun exposed corner of PP.

I'm also liking the new hand painted signs on the restroom building in Condor Flats. The more details added the better and they are much appreciated and look nice!

Does anyone know when the new parkwide ODV costumes and new costumes for GRR, RCCT, and ITTBAB/Bug's Land will debut?

And of course, Cars Land is still looking great and coming together beautifully. Like I said, I love the telephone wires, the lone street light, and those wonderful roadside signs.

Quote Originally Posted by WarningSLO View Post
    Wow! Those are great pictures!