Page 559 of 668 FirstFirst ... 59459509534549556557558559560561562569584609659 ... LastLast
Results 8,371 to 8,385 of 10011

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker 12

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalbma View Post
    Here's a my video showing an overview/walk-through of Mad T Party event.

I love it! It more vivid and colorful than ElecTronica. Very Fun Atmosphere!

A great replacement!

Hey so in the first 30 seconds or so of this video, you can see the Monster's facade behind the stage.

It looks like they added reflective paint to the doors on the facade? Can anyone confirm?! Or has it always been like that?

And thanks for the great video! I can't wait to go party hahaha

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by mcstewart37 View Post
    Hey so in the first 30 seconds or so of this video, you can see the Monster's facade behind the stage.

It looks like they added reflective paint to the doors on the facade? Can anyone confirm?! Or has it always been like that?
    If I had to guess, it would be projections on them. Either that or its the new paint. I guess anyone that was there last night can give a better answer.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

Nope its actually all projections. Quite funny actually the doors would open with the monster inc characters revealed then hooka smoke would float out saying things like “who are you?” defiantly comical highlight of the night!

http://www.youtube.com/DreamImagineCreate

Home of Miniature Disneyland

Quote Originally Posted by DreamImagineCreate View Post
    Nope its actually all projections. Quite funny actually the doors would open with the monster inc characters revealed then hooka smoke would float out saying things like “who are you?” defiantly comical highlight of the night!
    That's amazing!!

And even better than just paint!

• Dream in wonderful color!

World of Color meets Cars Land??

video by DisneyGeek

- Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Quote Originally Posted by nonob88 View Post

video by DisneyGeek

A CM told us they were just cycling through the light colors or something. It was really strange yet interesting to see. It stopped right after 9 when CM testing for RSR started and the normal nighttime lighting was on. The WoC CM we were talking to (who was an outstanding CM btw) was going on RSR after her shift. I was so jealous and she was super excited.

Carthay Circle and fountain...just wow! Being in the area is just magical. The lighting, tree, tiles, iron work...it's so classy, elegant, and perfect. I could go on and on about my impressions of this area from yesterday but sometimes less is more and words like beautiful, stunning, fantastic, and wow explain it all. I already have a new favorite spot sitting next to the fountain beneath the trees hearing the burbling fountain and fast paced jazz.

The Mad T Party was so alive! I loved it! Good music and finally some color is brought back to the nighttime parties. Disney really stepped in up on every level with this party. It's going to be great!

The Cove Bar is looking great! So much more 1910's/20's looking. Love the wood paneling they've added, the beautiful wood cabinets, the antique copper touches, and those boardwalk signs (you can see these all in those pictures posted by dfan07 three pages back when zoomed in on). An unnecessary change that will make a world of difference.

• Banned User

^^Agreed with all! DCA is just getting better and better! The fountain and CCT alone has more charm than all of Sun Shine Plaza, I cant imagine how it will feel when the rest of BVS opens up!

Mad T Party looks like it will be the big sleeper hit! Again, anyone who doubted it wouldnt draw people after the other two were kidding themselves. DCA will be packed all summer, the music, lights, videos and colorful atmosphere will have no problem attracting people.

I didnt even realize the Cove bar was getting redone until litterally a few weeks ago! I only been there twice, but it looks I will be going a bit more now!

• Disneyland > Disney World

I was just watching a video of the Mad Arcade and it looks like a cheap way to just get more money. Flynn's Arcade was well executed and had nicer games than these cheap Chuck-E-Cheese style games. Mad T Party - Full Arcade Tour - Disney California Adventure - YouTube
    Marvel + Disney =

Quote Originally Posted by nonob88 View Post

video by DisneyGeek

"I'm telling ya man, every third blink is slower".

Awesome detail.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by disneyseeker View Post
    I was just watching a video of the Mad Arcade and it looks like a cheap way to just get more money. Flynn's Arcade was well executed and had nicer games than these cheap Chuck-E-Cheese style games. Mad T Party - Full Arcade Tour - Disney California Adventure - YouTube
    To be honest though, I prefer the Chuck E Cheese games! I mean its not something you can do everywhere unlike the Flynn old video games which you can play at home for free. And no one plays those games anymore except for nostalgia although I do have Pac Man on my cell phone lol.

And I liked Flynns arcade because it did make you feel like you were in the movie, but the T party arcade looks great to me too. I guess I will know for sure which is better when I see it in person.

• Dream in wonderful color!

Quote Originally Posted by mcstewart37 View Post

And thanks for the great video! I can't wait to go party hahaha
    Another video by DisneyGeek shows the Monsters Inc projections:

- Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

• Insomniac

Quote Originally Posted by disneyseeker View Post
    My sentiments exactly! Flynn's Arcade fit theme of ElecTRONica. Mad Arcade (not to mention the whole idea of a booze party in general) make no sense in the world of Wonderland! Why is there a working arcade in a world of lunacy and nonsense? Why is everyone drinking in a world where everyone is already insane? Makes very little sense to me! The games they brought in for mad arcade are simple Chucky Cheese/ Family Fun Center type games. Apparently a quick cheap overlay themed to Alice makes sense? I don't buy it. I am excited for all the new offerings at DLR except for Mad T party. I have to give Disney credit though. They really did put a crap load of lighting, audio, and projection effects into this one, I just don't agree with the theme or the execution of some of the elements involved.

I would have really liked if they went a more theme appropriate party. Twilight Zone parties would have been SOOO much better IMO. I say since Aladdin only plays during the day, use the queue area and the paths in front and around ToT to place the party! Set up a spook ally type walk through, a giant all seeing eye ball out front that blinks at guests, a hotel lobby style lighting tower(s) and a bunch of projection effects on tot and the surrounding buildings. With most of the party taking place in the queue of Hyperion, it would not interfer with RCT. It would also clear up space in front of Monsters Inc, a new attraction/ restaurant in Hollywood and Dine building, and Muppetvjsion so that it didn't detract from these attractions ability to let guests enjoy the attractions at night without having to wade through all the ravers and party goers. Oh well I guess I'm stuck hearing the sounds of Mad T Party for the forseeable future... Life goes on.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

^WOW those projections LOOK AMAZING! It really brings the Monsters Inc facade to life, why can't they do that every night? And I totally love the Mad T Party and the ambiance and the atmosphere it gives off, it really looks lively.

And I am also totally loving the new CCT fountain and the building itself. I bet it will even look even more lively once DCA officially opens and the lights shine upon the CCT.

• Minion

I think the problem is that for Mad T Party ,Mad arcade was forced and was made to fit the party theme, unlike Flynn's which naturally fits the theme and was actually in the movie. I'm not saying it isn't fun, but it just seems like it was just put there to fill the venue and to add more to tea party. I think some type of mini golf course themed to the red queen's croquet court would have fit better, or maybe some video screen interactive game where you battle a jabawocky would have been better also. It really doesn't bother me though look's really cool if you ask me, along with the rest of Mad T Party.
    Last edited by imaginashton; 05-26-2012 at 01:25 PM.

Mad T Party exceeded my expectations and looks amazing. I hope the following parties are of this quality and stick around for a very long time. I'm also glad they were able to contain the entire thing to the far corner of the park, with no rigging on the actual street anymore.