Page 560 of 668 FirstFirst ... 60460510535550557558559560561562563570585610660 ... LastLast
Results 8,386 to 8,400 of 10011

• Still lost in Neverland

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker 12

Well after watching all these videos I no longer have to visit that T-Party as I will staying as far away from that area at night. Glow Fest was 100 times better, but this is better than the dark and boring Electronica. Nothing here for me at all. And that is due to me being from the older generation. I prefer the music they will be doing in Buena Vista Street. This is a good party for those who like this and since I just watched the movie last night on ABC Family (first time I have seen it) and thought it was weird but I liked it and this T Party does fit with the movie so I have no problem with that. It's just not my kind of music.
    Last edited by Lost Boy; 05-26-2012 at 04:10 PM.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Banned User

WOW!!!!! Mad T Party. That is about the most un disney thing i have ever seen in a Disney park. I cant wait till next summer when DCA starts selling lottery tickets and hookers are hanging out beside the Hyperion. I realize local APers love stuff like this, but as a big spending, once a year vacationer to the DLR, this is about as un family with small children friendly as you could get in a Disney park. I am a DLR over WDW guy who lives in Texas and could travel to either. If this is the direction TDA is going to be taking DLR in the future then I will be vacationing with my kids in Orlando.

I love a good party and thought the clubs in DTD Orlando were great, but I dont need that vibe brought into the parks. Just one guys opinion.

Seriously? Aren't you over reacting a bit, this is ONE section of the park tucked away from view. Amid tons of other new theme appropriate and I guess, by your standards, Kid friendly additions. And to say this is not kid friendly is just trying to create controversy, there as much families and kids hanging around, dancing and just over all having fun as there are adults.

There is absolutely nothing adult about this except the alcohol which isn't served to children. Any idea that this reflects any deviant behavior or that their kids can't handle it says more about the person than Mad T Party

Ughh, why did they turn the Hollywood backlot into a Dave & Busters?

I'm currently trying to find the "
    I (heart) ElecTRONica but this will do for now." T-shirts because they voice my exact opinion. It's not as tacky as the concept art made it out to be, but I still don't get why they would replace a well-received show, one that they could use to market the Tron franchise that has a new movie and TV series coming up, and instead replace it with...ehhh.

• Dream in wonderful color!

- Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

It's not my scene but its well done and no doubt families will love it, it's a nice break from the child oriented parades

Nice touches - now if we can just give the California Screamin' queue the same treatment...

^ I concur.

• Disneyland > Disney World

I hope CS gets a new soundtrack before the reopening.
    Marvel + Disney =

Wow, amazing touches.

Quote Originally Posted by planodisney View Post
    WOW!!!!! Mad T Party. That is about the most un disney thing i have ever seen in a Disney park. I cant wait till next summer when DCA starts selling lottery tickets and hookers are hanging out beside the Hyperion. I realize local APers love stuff like this, but as a big spending, once a year vacationer to the DLR, this is about as un family with small children friendly as you could get in a Disney park. I am a DLR over WDW guy who lives in Texas and could travel to either. If this is the direction TDA is going to be taking DLR in the future then I will be vacationing with my kids in Orlando.

I love a good party and thought the clubs in DTD Orlando were great, but I dont need that vibe brought into the parks. Just one guys opinion.
    Tell me exactly what about the Mad T Party is "unfamily." You come off as not a family-type of guy suggesting that hookers will be residing inside the park. Nothing about the Mad T Party is "unfamily-like" or inappropriate. Alcohol is the only thing that children can't have there, but I really don't see what you're trying to get at here.

• Pilot EdForceOne

The redemption game arcade will be empty and a bust. It was a poor attempt at carrying over Flynn's arcade into a model that really didn't need it. Lots of effort trying to force something that should never left the drawing pad.

If everyone likes these parties so much.. imagine if they used this to pump life into something like DTD instead of inside the park where it draws conflict all the time. If people really want a 'club' driven with Disney imagination... they should build an area in DTD where it can be pump life into that area.

If the population that loves these parties are the AP holders... it's not like the park is making any money by holding it behind the admission gates of the park vs outside the gates.

---------- Post added 05-26-2012 at 08:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Theoretical View Post
    Tell me exactly what about the Mad T Party is "unfamily." You come off as not a family-type of guy suggesting that hookers will be residing inside the park. Nothing about the Mad T Party is "unfamily-like" or inappropriate. Alcohol is the only thing that children can't have there, but I really don't see what you're trying to get at here.
    Nightclubs aren't typically where you take your 6yr olds... regardless of who the host is.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Mad Tea Party just seems to be a Disney "rave" w/out the extasy........ Nothing wrong with it, it's not my "cup of tea", so I will only pop in for a look around once in a while...... who knows..... maybe I'll enjoy it.....

But it is kind of funny to see a bunch of OC tweens and 20-somethings "rave"....... a very white audience...... but again, it basically a "rave" cleansed of it's somewhat negative influences.

I don't have a problem w/ it, it's a dance party, kids seem to enjoy it (anyone remember Videopolis....? Same attempt to capture the Teen/20-something audience, just 25 years later AND w/ cocktails.....), if they're old enough to enjoy $11 cocktails, so be it...... It really seems to me that it's a bit of WDW that has intruded into the DLR....... and a lot of kids/people that have grown out of their Hannah Montana years - they're just marketing to their audience as they get older in order to keep them as an audience - AND paying customers........

But, seriously, isn't having it tucked into HPB really better than having it all over HL, isn't it? Again, not my "cup of tea", but everyone in the video seemed to be enjoying it.....

Watching the video was amusing, seeing all the white-bread kids from the OC pretending they're at a "rave"...... My hat's off to Disney for trying to grab this demographic (and their dollars)..... those too old for Miley/Jonas/Selena, but reflect fondly on HSM but want to party like adults..... Disney will make a fortune for comparatively little investment......