Page 561 of 668 FirstFirst ... 61461511551558559560561562563564571611661 ... LastLast
Results 8,401 to 8,415 of 10011

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker 12

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    pump life into something like DTD instead of inside the park where it draws conflict all the time.
    I don't think it draws conflict outside of internet message boards.

That would be cool to try in DTD once they move on though, I agree.

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

This place looks stunning and beautiful. Now I have a nice place to relax around the fountain.

I can't wait for the entire Buena Vista street to open soon.

I was able to capture the beautiful water fountain and its surrounding including a walk around the Carthay Circle Theatre.

Here's a final update video showing Cars Land as of May 25, 2012. In this video, you will see an installed blinking yellow signal lights, sign posts, strip line on the road.

Last edited by SoCalbma; 05-26-2012 at 08:09 PM.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

For those who may get AAA's Westways magazine here in Southern California, there is a wonderful article on Cars Land and a piece on BVS (pg 46). Here's a link to the article online www.aaa.com redirect

There's a few new snippets in the article especially concerning the queue for RSR. It's a quick, easy read and also gives a nice summary on the history of the development of this lad and all the inspiration the Imagineers go on their own Route 66 trip.

• Minion

Mad T Party looks really cool but there's no doubt it doesn't really fit. What stinks about it being so cool and well-received though is the fact that Disney might look at this and make nighttime parties like this a permanent thing...which would mean no chance at improving that area of the park. It would just be generic party area...

• Go Bears!

Are we seriously going to have the "this is not family friendly" debate every single time there's a retheme?

Quote Originally Posted by sdjeff4sc View Post
    Watching the video was amusing, seeing all the white-bread kids from the OC pretending they're at a "rave"......
    Woah there. High horse much? :P Not sure what you're on about anyways - crowd looks pretty "racially diverse" to me. And I doubt too many of the kids are from Orange County - most schools there are still in session.

T Party looks fun to me. At least it's not Tron. And at least these dance parties bring activity to a dead part of the park.

Quote Originally Posted by planodisney View Post
    WOW!!!!! Mad T Party. That is about the most un disney thing i have ever seen in a Disney park. I cant wait till next summer when DCA starts selling lottery tickets and hookers are hanging out beside the Hyperion. I realize local APers love stuff like this, but as a big spending, once a year vacationer to the DLR, this is about as un family with small children friendly as you could get in a Disney park. I am a DLR over WDW guy who lives in Texas and could travel to either. If this is the direction TDA is going to be taking DLR in the future then I will be vacationing with my kids in Orlando.

I love a good party and thought the clubs in DTD Orlando were great, but I dont need that vibe brought into the parks. Just one guys opinion.
    Name:  homer_jump_the_shark.gif
Views: 706
Size:  20.2 KB

Not at all man. Way overboard.
    This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is mine.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by planodisney View Post
    WOW!!!!! Mad T Party. That is about the most un disney thing i have ever seen in a Disney park. I cant wait till next summer when DCA starts selling lottery tickets and hookers are hanging out beside the Hyperion. I realize local APers love stuff like this, but as a big spending, once a year vacationer to the DLR, this is about as un family with small children friendly as you could get in a Disney park. I am a DLR over WDW guy who lives in Texas and could travel to either. If this is the direction TDA is going to be taking DLR in the future then I will be vacationing with my kids in Orlando.

I love a good party and thought the clubs in DTD Orlando were great, but I dont need that vibe brought into the parks. Just one guys opinion.
    I agree with you to a point. I do not find this kid friendly with the type of club-crowd that it looks like it brings. I would NOT take my daughter to this. I also don't care for the fact that an entire land is over run with the club scene. It really takes away from the Hollywood theme. Especially when they have tried to hard to solidify the theme.

On another note, I do like the concept and execution a lot. I just wish it didn't take over a land of the park...especially one that is revamping itself. Put this in DTD and charge for it is what I think.

Seems to be a lot of judgment about some kids dancing. It isn't a rave or some other "devious event". What is this, Footloose? C'mon guys!
    This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is mine.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    Seems to be a lot of judgment about some kids dancing. It isn't a rave or some other "devious event". What is this, Footloose? C'mon guys!
    While I see your point, I have been to enough of these to know that people get out of hand (no matter how good the security) and personally it isn't a scene I want my daughter subjected to. This is why I say KEEP it, but move it out of the parks. My family can't enjoy Hollywood at night anymore due to the party scene. So Disney has alienated us from this area of a park at night.

Riverside and Garden Grove, and everywhere in between.

Quote Originally Posted by disneyland255 View Post
    While I see your point, I have been to enough of these to know that people get out of hand (no matter how good the security) and personally it isn't a scene I want my daughter subjected to. This is why I say KEEP it, but move it out of the parks. My family can't enjoy Hollywood at night anymore due to the party scene. So Disney has alienated us from this area of a park at night.
    The section that it is in only has Monsters Inc, and was dead at night anyways. This livens up the area, and it is a Hollywood type party, lights, music, action.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by socalkdg View Post
    The section that it is in only has Monsters Inc, and was dead at night anyways. This livens up the area, and it is a Hollywood type party, lights, music, action.
    I'm happy to hear it is only in that area and not the entire Hollywood Land. Thank-you for clarifying. :0) I also had another friend just clarify that as well.

Please let me re-clarify: Although this may not be my scene....I think Imagineering did an amazing job on the entire event. Costumes, lighting, sets, etc, it all looks frieking fantastic. I'm really surprised at the level of detail that went into this. I'm glad so much thought has been put into it. Kudos to Imagineering for doing such a wonderful job!!

• Insomniac

Quote Originally Posted by disneyland255 View Post
    I agree with this. ElecTRONica was ONLY a hit with my family because of the arcade, 3D show, and Laserman. The dancing and drinking in the area is not a scene I would like my family to take part of. Mad T Party seems even more "adult" (it may be child appropriate from Disney's position, but underage drinking, drug use, and dirty dancing are VERY common in my experience). Security tries to crack down and stop it but it's still prevalent in these parties. The most unsafe I have ever felt in a Disney park is during ElecTRONica/ Glow Fest and I'm sure it is just as prevalent during Mad T Party. Drug use/ underage drinking occurs in other areas of the park but it IS more centralized/ obvious/ out in the open during the parties in my experience. I enjoy new offerings like this but sometimes when it encourages illegal activities and innapropriate behavior it's gets to the point of being less and less child friendly.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Minion

Bronco, while I agree, I don't know if I'd go so far as the drug use. But, that is your opinion.

Maybe we need to see it in person to really get the feel of it and see for ourselves if it truly feels family. If it's there in November when we go, we'll check it out just to see for ourselves...who knows, maybe we'll be surprised.

Mad T Party looks a lot like fun. I know some people may not like it but I really think Hollywood Land needs this in such a dead area of the park for now. Once Disney can fix the land up then hopefully the night parties can move to DTD. As of right now...KEEP IT PLEASE!

• Insomniac

^^Drug use goes on all the time in the parks. The booze parties just bring the drug users together in a central location. I have reported 6 different people with Ecstacy, Marijuana, and what appeared to be cocain during ElecTRONica. Believe me it happens whether you see it or not.

---------- Post added 05-26-2012 at 11:03 PM ----------

I will admit Disney has gone all out for this one but I just don't agree with the idea of booze parties. Mad T Party has the best lighting and audio effects we've seen yet and I'm glad Disney put the money into it as apposed to just reusing the set up for ElecTRONica, but it's definetely not for me.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862