Page 563 of 668 FirstFirst ... 63463513553560561562563564565566573613663 ... LastLast
Results 8,431 to 8,445 of 10011

• Insomniac

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker 12

I know drug use occurs EVERYWHERE I am very aware of this. I am saying that the parties serve as a centralized point where it occurs more frequently in my experience. The loud music, drinking, more obvious drug use, and dirty dancing are all reasons parents would not like to allow their children into the area during the parties. I'm not saying drug use only occurs here, I'm saying it is more prevalent because of the atmosphere. Isee why other have no problem with this, that's fine for them. I am just trying to express to those who dont see why parents don't think this is child friendly feel the way they do. I don't have a problem with people who enjoy these parties.
    Last edited by Bronco21; 05-26-2012 at 10:06 PM.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

Riverside and Garden Grove, and everywhere in between.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco21 View Post
    ^^Drug use goes on all the time in the parks. The booze parties just bring the drug users together in a central location. I have reported 6 different people with Ecstacy, Marijuana, and what appeared to be cocain during ElecTRONica. Believe me it happens whether you see it or not.

---------- Post added 05-26-2012 at 11:03 PM ----------

I will admit Disney has gone all out for this one but I just don't agree with the idea of booze parties. Mad T Party has the best lighting and audio effects we've seen yet and I'm glad Disney put the money into it as apposed to just reusing the set up for ElecTRONica, but it's definetely not for me.
    I snuck in a bottle of champagne over 25 years ago on a new years eve at DL. It's been happening with or without Disney's consent.

• Cars Land Rocks!

Tonight at the Mad T-Party.

Tom Staggs and George Kalogridis check out the show in the crowd, then went up to the booth to watch the performers.
    Last edited by OC2Epcot; 05-26-2012 at 10:34 PM.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Quiksotik View Post
    I think the issue is those of you that are being very vocal about not taking your kids there are belaboring the point to the rest of us. If you aren't comfortable taking your children there, that's your prerogative. But it's not something that you need to state over and over again on the boards. It, rightly or wrongly, makes it seem like you're trying to claim moral superiority.

I think we can all agree that the dance parties at DCA aren't for everyone. And yes, many of you feel that all parts of the DLR should be for the whole family. But the fact of the matter is that this is something that is geared more toward a certain demographic, a demographic that is taking advantage of the event. If parents feel comfortable taking their children there, fine. If not, also fine. But no need to be repetitive and overly assertive about it.

Also, it's "smelled", not "smelt". Just saying!
    Was trying to keep it from becoming a blame thing, but it took it there. Maybe it's being stated because we're being torn down for stating so? Just a possibility. No need to place blame...just agree to disagree.

Just to put a new spin on this.... Wouldn't parents like things like this because it would attract the "bad crowd" to one location of the park. Leaving disneyland and the rest of DCA for families?

http://www.youtube.com/DreamImagineCreate

Home of Miniature Disneyland

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DreamImagineCreate View Post
    Just to put a new spin on this.... Wouldn't parents like things like this because it would attract the "bad crowd" to one location of the park. Leaving disneyland and the rest of DCA for families?
    I LOVE this thinking!!! LOL I can hear it now "that is the 'bad' section of the park after 6pm." LOL

Quote Originally Posted by disneyland255 View Post
    I LOVE this thinking!!! LOL I can hear it now "that is the 'bad' section of the park after 6pm." LOL
    Yeah, and just to keep with the "California" theme, they ought to call the bad part of the park "Oakland".

Here's how Disney describes the Mad T Party on the Disneyland website:

"Fall through the rabbit hole into a pulsating alternate reality where mome raths and slithy toves outgrabe. Inspired by Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland, this is a T party like no other where up is down, this is that and everything is wonderfully off-kilter!"

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Santoanderson View Post
    Yeah, and just to keep with the "California" theme, they ought to call the bad part of the park "Oakland".
    Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Resident of the Caldera

I met both George and Mary Niven at the Mad T Party tonight. Both very friendly. I think they're relieved everything is going well so far.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

• Raconteur

Quote Originally Posted by disneyland255 View Post
    Was trying to keep it from becoming a blame thing, but it took it there. Maybe it's being stated because we're being torn down for stating so? Just a possibility. No need to place blame...just agree to disagree.
    Wait, are you saying I'm blaming you? Because that's not the case. I'm sorry you misinterpreted, but the point I was trying to make that the reason you're seeing push back from those of us that don't necessarily agree with you is that you've already made your point a number of times. If you don't want to take your daughter, that's perfectly fine. But you don't necessarily need to make the board aware of your parenting decisions a number of times in the name of discussion.

Again, you have every right to feel the way you do about Mad T Party. But to blacklist an entire segment of Disney's audience by way of touting your lifestyle choices is folly.

-edit: Also, I saw that you mentioned that we have to respect your opinion on this. I don't think anyone here doesn't respect your decision. We understand where you're coming from, even. But don't look at this as an attack against you personally or morally so much as people questioning your oversimplification of the issue.
    Disneyland Resort Photography by Quiksotik
    Disneyland parking attendant: "Have a magical day, yo!"

Fountain Valley, California, United States

What I feel about the conversation here about Mad T Party is that it is not for everyone. Princess Fantasy Fair is not for everyone, Disney Junior is not for everyone. DCA has always been the "adult" park, and if you have not been to the Mad T Party in person, you might not know if it's for you. I found the arcade to be fun, the flamingo performers and the dancer sot be really neat. I've enjoyed Glow Fest and ElecTRONica since th beginning, and I only turned 21 two months ago. I've always gone for the music, and the atmosphere. I never drank underage there and i dont do drugs and was still able to have fun. As all the attractions that are opening this summer, I'd say to everyone just to give it a try before you outright judge it.

• Banned User

Wow, its feeling like 2010 all over again!

I dont get it, this is the THIRD dance party, but yet its the same arguments as the first two as if like the Mad T Party is dramatically different from the other two? What am I missing? Is the same arguments going to happen everytime they switch out the parties? ElecTRONica just ended a month ago, it seem to go pretty well! I dont want to be rude here, but its been 2 years now and yet nothing out of the ordinary has remotely happened with these parties. Nothing! Has some kids probably drinked underage? I'm pretty sure of it but nothing out of the ordinary. But have there been worse like any fights? Anyone arrested for drugs? Anyone harrased? Has anyone under the age of 12 been dramatically affected from attending them? I'm asking here because 2 years and 3 parties on I hear a lot of 'concern' but very few actual reports that people really should be concerned about...or am I wrong?

If you dont like the parties, thats fine! Think its not 'family friendly' enough, fine, there is the rest of the park and DL to enjoy! Dont think its true 'Disney', again, fine! But EVERY time there is a dance party is it going to be the same hand wringing over and over again? Two years on and they seem to be fun and popular events with little problems. I dont see what the issue is if there hasnt proven to be any actual problems after 2 years of them...but yet here we are again lol.
    Last edited by WorldDisney; 05-26-2012 at 11:42 PM.

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Deleted post
    Last edited by lighttragic; 05-27-2012 at 12:26 AM.

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

You guys should check out DisneylandNewstoday for tons of over the wall pictures of Cars Land and Buena Vista Street!

Pic: Disneylandnewstoday
    Name:  MG8874-L.jpg
Views: 767
Size:  203.1 KB
    Last edited by SoCalbma; 05-27-2012 at 12:38 AM.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360