Page 565 of 668 FirstFirst ... 65465515540555562563564565566567568575590615665 ... LastLast
Results 8,461 to 8,475 of 10011

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker 12

The Cover Bar looks excellent, love all the vintage Paradise Pier paraphernalia!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    The redemption game arcade will be empty and a bust. It was a poor attempt at carrying over Flynn's arcade into a model that really didn't need it. Lots of effort trying to force something that should never left the drawing pad.

If everyone likes these parties so much.. imagine if they used this to pump life into something like DTD instead of inside the park where it draws conflict all the time. If people really want a 'club' driven with Disney imagination... they should build an area in DTD where it can be pump life into that area.

If the population that loves these parties are the AP holders... it's not like the park is making any money by holding it behind the admission gates of the park vs outside the gates.

---------- Post added 05-26-2012 at 08:39 PM ----------

Nightclubs aren't typically where you take your 6yr olds... regardless of who the host is.
    Having it within the gate is actually an advantage, young people and party goers looking to just get drunk and create problems are not going to pay the admission or high price of an annual pass. Instead they will go to a nightclub down the street. There is so much more control within the park for a party like this. Besides it gives the ap population something to do while tourist and day guest enjoy woc and carland.

Im amazed people have such a hard time with something done in a corner of the park. That was normally dead at night.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by WarningSLO View Post
    Thanks Ron, did you get a chance to check out the menu at the Cove Bar?
    No, I didn't even go in, just took a few pictures as I was passing by on the way to MFW.

I'm hoping they figure out a way now to enhance the outdoor seating of Ariel. Something about it that lacked charm

• Banned User

That picture of the Carthay looks so awesome! So glad they learned from DCA 1.0 and are no longer focusing on high-end dining! I mean, imagine if the icon of DCA 2.0 was an expensive sit down dining location!

Quote Originally Posted by 80sDLCastMember View Post
    That picture of the Carthay looks so awesome! So glad they learned from DCA 1.0 and are no longer focusing on high-end dining! I mean, imagine if the icon of DCA 2.0 was an expensive sit down dining location!
    The building is the icon.

That's like saying the icon of Disneyland is a 5 minute walkthrough (or nothing for a long while).

I can detect the sarcasm. This has already been addressed several times:

First of all, DCA already has a ridiculous amount of theaters (6, by my count). To make the Carthay building a theater would have just been terrible.

Second, the Magic Kingdom in WDW's visual icon (Cinderella Castle) is a restaurant.

Third, the original plan for the Carthay Circle Theater was to leave it completely empty for several years. I think a restaurant, bar, and lounge was a great utilization of this space which would have otherwise been ignored.

Fourth, I'd like to point out that the DCA makeover already included several attractions. Here's a list:

World of Color
    Toy Story Mania (which Disney does consider as part of the renovation, even if most people don't)
    The Little Mermaid
    Luigi's Flying Tires
    Radiator Springs Racers
    Mater's Junkyard Jamboree
    The Red Car Trolley
    That's SEVEN new attractions in a span of 5 years (which is unheard of), not to mention the renovation of 5 existing attractions.

I can't see DCA getting any new attractions for a while after June 15th.

• Done waiting!!

Cars Land nighttime lighting testing - YouTube

In the last half of this video, you can tell the third blink really IS longer!!
    I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.

By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

• Banned User

World of Color and Toy story mania had already been greenlit and funded before the the makeover had ever been given the go ahead. That is just a fact. I love most of what they have done and DCA has made incredible strides. But what i realy think it does is set DCA up to be a GREAT park in the future. They now need to fill out the park with a couple, or few more TRULY wonderful attractions. I dont think anyone would have guessed that a 1 billion dollar makeover would have included only 1 E-ticket and 1 D-ticket and some minor fill ins. I know that local ap's and destination vacationers are a different clientele, but when we get home from a Disney vacation and talk about our trip for the next 3 months, it is ALWAYS the attractions we experienced that we smile and laugh and get joyful about. Of course the rich environments are what makes disney special, but it is always, and always will be the unbelievable rides and shows that cause us to travel thousands of miles and spend thousands of dollars.

DCA has set the stage for greatness, and has become a good park, but it realy does need more ADVENTURES.

• Banned User

[QUOTE=SoarinMatt;1056767537]

"First of all, DCA already has a ridiculous amount of theaters (6, by my count). To make the Carthay building a theater would have just been terrible."

Or, perhaps creating something actually entertaining and unique could have been an option. But then again, the Carthay Circle theater was such an amazing building in its time, the original is still a "must see" for anybody visiting Hollywood.

"Second, the Magic Kingdom in WDW's visual icon (Cinderella Castle) is a restaurant."

Exactly, because one of the ongoing criticisms of the Magic Kingdom from day one always has been "Too many fine dining restaurants!" so the comparison is perfect!

"Third, the original plan for the Carthay Circle Theater was to leave it completely empty for several years. I think a restaurant, bar, and lounge was a great utilization of this space which would have otherwise been ignored."

So now apparently our standard for Disney magic is "well, be happy, it could have been nothing!" Pressler would be so proud (and thrilled with Carthay's check average!).
    Last edited by 80sDLCastMember; 05-27-2012 at 09:34 PM. Reason: ipad typing

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    Storytellers​ is life size.
    That is so exciting to hear! I can't wait to see the history in this statue.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by planodisney View Post
    They now need to fill out the park with a couple, or few more TRULY wonderful attractions. I dont think anyone would have guessed that a 1 billion dollar makeover would have included only 1 E-ticket and 1 D-ticket and some minor fill ins..
    Exactly, ask any guest, would you rather have Buena Vista Street or the same old CALIFORNIA letters out front and entrance but 10 new $100 million E tickets? Sensing a new candy store wouldn't seem so exciting. Truly an odd way of spending that $1B budget.

• Minion

Exactly, ask any guest, would you rather have Buena Vista Street or the same old CALIFORNIA letters out front and entrance but 10 new $100 million E tickets? Sensing a new candy store wouldn't seem so exciting. Truly an odd way of spending that $1B budget.
    I'm glad they put the money into this. I think Imagineering had to really think this over. It wasn't just the attractions that were lacking in DCA. It was the theme in and of itself that was lacking as well. So, the budget had to be more theme based. I think if a park can't immerse you, then what good are the attractions? It's a whole package. :0) Looking VERY forward to the future of the new DCA!

The $1billion was for a lot more than just BVS, so you'd have to include Cars Land/RSR and TLM in the question.

In any case, DLR is not about just rides, it's about theme. If they were building it today, would you rather they didn't build Main Street, but gave us an E-ticket and a couple of D-tickets instead? Or didn't build the Matterhorn, but just gave us an open air steel roller coaster and another D-ticket?

Think about the cost of the rock work for Cars Land. Had they not built that, they could have built another great E-ticket. But then RSR would be nothing more than Test Track with a view of parking lots, power lines, Katella and the Convention Center. So we'd have two E-tickets (if you could even call them that) with lousy theming. I'll take one RSR with great theming any day. I'll take BVS over a couple D-tickets any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    So we'd have two E-tickets (if you could even call them that) with lousy theming. I'll take one RSR with great theming any day. I'll take BVS over a couple D-tickets any day.
    Couldn't agree more. If all I wanted to do was go on thrill rides (and be involved in a gang fight), I'd go to Magic Mountain. I can't wait to go to the DLR this summer for a lot of reasons, only a few of which have to do with the rides and most of which have to do with the magic. Those dang expensive rocks and that beautiful new focal point/restaurant are two pieces of that magic.