Page 568 of 668 FirstFirst ... 68468518543558565566567568569570571578593618 ... LastLast
Results 8,506 to 8,520 of 10011

• Done waiting!!

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker 12

In regards to exhibit space in the CCT, I remember reading somewhere that the lobby of the restaurant is going to contain a rotating collection of artifacts from the Disney Archives. Will it be as large as the Disney Gallery? I doubt it, but it should be a nice touch.
    I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.

By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

Does anybody know if there is going to be a live stream of the dedication ceremonies on the 15th? I know they did one for the Star Tours re-launch. I am hoping to watch the ceremonies from home.

• Zephyr Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by ChurroMan View Post
    Wow. Without getting into it, what are your general impressions of each?
    LFT: Not that hard to control as some described. The stick is useless, though. Me and my ride buddy were able to go where we wanted fairly fast.

MJJ: Me and others agree that this was a fun ride. Two things we enjoyed were the Spanish spiel and the whipping action, which is more fun with a partner.

RSR: Biggest surprise here is the dark ride portion being just as exceptional as the racing portion.

Riverside and Garden Grove, and everywhere in between.

Quote Originally Posted by Krillinish View Post
    LFT: Not that hard to control as some described. The stick is useless, though. Me and my ride buddy were able to go where we wanted fairly fast.

MJJ: Me and others agree that this was a fun ride. Two things we enjoyed were the Spanish spiel and the whipping action, which is more fun with a partner.

RSR: Biggest surprise here is the dark ride portion being just as exceptional as the racing portion.
    Good to hear. I've been thinking this would be Test Track with much better theming, which would make it very popular (huge lines every time we went to Epcot). Sounds like I'll finally have a shorter line for Toy Story.

Great to hear!

So RSR belongs in the elite class of Disney rides?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    It wasn't that they ran out of money, just that it was relocated. WDI decided that they would rather put as much money as possible into Cars Land right now and go back and continue to fix Paradise Pier in the coming years.
    Oh my gosh! Could you even imagine the complainers of Cars Land if they cut the budget on that??? Good grief! They'd complain about that AND Paradise Pier together. At least this way they only complain about Paradise Pier

---------- Post added 05-28-2012 at 08:42 PM ----------

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and wait times.

Why do people keep saying they ran out money?

TDA, Burbank and WDI still have several projects and enhancements for DCA but they will be done in small stages and will not be projects that will close down huge chunks of the park. Once the park has established itself with Carsland and the new offerings they will continue with enhancements that will address Hollywoodland and some portions of Paraise Pier that still need work.

• Minion

Baloo, isn't it that they were approved so much in the budget for specific fiscal years? So they do what will benefit the park (or the company) the most. The other enhancements were budgeted for other fiscal years and such and these will not benefit the park the most, but they will in the long run?

Maybe this is what you said, but in a different way? LOL I hope that made sense. LOL

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by disneyland255 View Post
    So they do what will benefit the park (or the company) the most.
    If management is good, that is what they do. The biggest bang for the buck.

• Can Only Wish For More!

I can't believe how much bullying there is on these boards?!

Anyway, I'm afraid of the parking situation once DCA relaunches. Does anyone think DCA will finally hit capacity?
    Took mom to Disneyland for the first time in over 20 years this week! Woo!
    - March 1, 2006

She screamed, cried, and laughed...
    - me too!

Quote Originally Posted by WannaCub View Post
    I can't believe how much bullying there is on these boards?!

Anyway, I'm afraid of the parking situation once DCA relaunches. Does anyone think DCA will finally hit capacity?
    What is the capacity of DCA? Anyone know?
    Last edited by evergreen; 05-28-2012 at 10:39 PM.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by goofypirate View Post
    In regards to exhibit space in the CCT, I remember reading somewhere that the lobby of the restaurant is going to contain a rotating collection of artifacts from the Disney Archives. Will it be as large as the Disney Gallery? I doubt it, but it should be a nice touch.
    Well thats cool if true! Better than nothing I guess!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by WannaCub View Post
    I think DCA will be able to reach capacity, but more likely to do so during Christmas than Summer. Not that it will be impossible when CL opens, and SoCal APs can rush in. It's just that so many guests have the ability to hop to DL, that if DCA gets crazy all over, many can go across the Esplanade to balance things out.

I think the parking rumors are way overblown. If Disney sees a problem with it they would be paving the rest of the Strawberry Fields right now. OMDD is not an indication of how future capacity days could be, it was an anomoly where thousands showed up at night ingnoring the parks are full signs to stand in the Esplanade. There were also less families at that event, and less vacationers who leave thier cars at thier hotels. So more cars went to that than during Christmas Week.

• Ryan

On the Carthay: Just be glad we got a restaurant and not just a facade! You (not directed at anyone) should have a more positive outlook on things. Even if the Carthay Theater original was boring, it is still really beautifully replicated. And it fits with the theme! That's a bonus, it could be random. Also, there is a restaurant inside! While it may not be an attraction, it is still going to be great! I learned that if you think more positively, more positive thoughts will come out of it. Don't complain that the Carthay isn't another E ticket attraction, just be happy that they did a good job with theming and atmosphere, and that you got something! And if you are really upset with it, and all you want to do is complain, then just keep it to yourself.

On Mad T Party: A few pages back people were saying that it was attracting shady teens and druggies. Well, first, I don't want to stereotype any teens. But I am glad that it is attracting a crowd at least! Yes they wanted to broaden the appeal to adults (alchohol) and kids/teens (theme). If you don't want your kids there, no one is forcing them. I am just glad people like how us teens say "scene" or "unique" have a fun place to hangout that speaks to them. And of course it appeals to more people, just giving an example of the main crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by disneyland255 View Post
    Baloo, isn't it that they were approved so much in the budget for specific fiscal years? So they do what will benefit the park (or the company) the most. The other enhancements were budgeted for other fiscal years and such and these will not benefit the park the most, but they will in the long run?

Maybe this is what you said, but in a different way? LOL I hope that made sense. LOL
    That is part of the reasoning for things to be delayed a bit. Burbank,TDA and WDI knew very well what were the priorities to get the park to a certain standard so that it could stand on its own and still keep it operating. Burbank realizes now the importance of the Anaheim resort and there are bigger plans in their mind. Plans which went astray in the late 90's early 2000's