Page 658 of 668 FirstFirst ... 158558608633648655656657658659660661 ... LastLast
Results 9,856 to 9,870 of 10011

Red Face Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker 12

Quote Originally Posted by Indiana Joe View Post
    I still can't believe that the major DCA construction is complete. i have been reading this thread since the first project tracker, almost every day. And even when I would be away from my computer or phone I would read every post to catch up even when it would take hours or days sometimes. I miss all the people who used to post here and wanted to thank everyone who took the time to post their photos and updates.

Seems like yesterday, I was looking at all the closeups of the WOC equipment being installed in a drained bay. Who could forget the discussions on the Fun wheel wrap around board walk, the green beam in the viewing area, the type of lights used on SSS and the speculation on what the POM was. Good Times! Micechat would not be the same without this thread.

Here is to another 5 years or more of tracking! Bring on tracker 13!
    Beautifully said. I too have been keeping up with the trackers for years now. Let's hope it can continue for years to come.
    "I have been up against tough competition all my life. I wouldn't know how to get along without it"
    -Walt Disney

• Minion

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker 12

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    Wow, so he can't stay where he wants because you don't like that the GCH is not a value priced hotel?
    I'm not saying he can't stay there,, but what I don't like about that hotel in general is that it is so big and takes up so much valuable real estate.... they could probably fit another land in DCA if the hotel weren't there
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Thinking about doughnuts

Quote Originally Posted by Indiana Joe View Post
    I still can't believe that the major DCA construction is complete. i have been reading this thread since the first project tracker, almost every day. And even when I would be away from my computer or phone I would read every post to catch up even when it would take hours or days sometimes. I miss all the people who used to post here and wanted to thank everyone who took the time to post their photos and updates.

Seems like yesterday, I was looking at all the closeups of the WOC equipment being installed in a drained bay. Who could forget the discussions on the Fun wheel wrap around board walk, the green beam in the viewing area, the type of lights used on SSS and the speculation on what the POM was. Good Times! Micechat would not be the same without this thread.

Here is to another 5 years or more of tracking! Bring on tracker 13!
    You know my first thought was: "Who could forget the green beam? I wish I could forget the green beam!". But you know, the green beam discussion was fun. Nuts but fun.

Yup, project tracking. Definitely entertaining. Let's hope they start building something soon. My zoom lens is aching to get out of the camera bag.

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    I'm not saying he can't stay there,, but what I don't like about that hotel in general is that it is so big and takes up so much valuable real estate.... they could probably fit another land in DCA if the hotel weren't there
    You and Disney probably have a different idea on what is valuable. For them, selling out a hotel that charges on average about $500 a night for each room is pretty darn valuable.

• Minion

Before/after:

IMG_7532 by socal_ron, on Flickr

---------- Post added 07-03-2012 at 10:55 PM ----------

IMG_8979 by socal_ron, on Flickr

---------- Post added 07-03-2012 at 11:17 PM ----------

IMG_9150 by socal_ron, on Flickr

---------- Post added 07-03-2012 at 11:46 PM ----------

HNI_0015 by socal_ron, on Flickr

It is actually pretty clever the way they built the hotel since a good chunk of it is actually sharing real estate with downtown Disney. The whole northern wing is built on top of DTD.

When the expansion was announced I had hoped that something similar had been done with the DVC wing.

I envisioned the whole corner of DCA that has goofy sky school, burger invasion, and corn dog castle along with the property that the new wing stands to be cleared out and used to expand DCA attraction pad footprint. That whole corner could have been made to look like a seaside village with small streets and similar to new Orleans squares. The first level would consist of a few shops, and small eateries and a couple nice attractions with the show buildings hidden as far back as possible.

The facades would have elevation changes to help hide these show buildings and at the same time create a nice berm for the northern end of the park. The second, third and fourth level would have consisted of a fine dine restaurant over looking the park with nice lush open air balconies as well as hotel roms. The restaurant could have had access from hotel and park. Guests returning from eating would have to show pass to re- enter park. The upper levels facing Paradise Pier would have been themed similar to the boardwalk hotel in Walt Disney World. The side facing the Rest of GCH would have kept the theme to match the original hotel.

Obviously the attractions on the first floor would have been placed at strategic position to allow a backstage area for service. One would have been approximately where GSC and the girl is and the other close to mermaid so that it shared backstage access. Everything in between would have been small shops and I park eateries.
    Last edited by Baloo; 07-05-2012 at 03:15 PM.

• Sleepy...

Souvenir cone cups are back at the Cozy Cone while supplies last
    Official DCA in-park twitter feed: https://twitter.com/DCAToday/status/220562650688532481

• Still lost in Neverland

Ron W, thanks so much for the comparison pictures of DCA v1 and v2.0. You can really see the improvements everywhere you look. So neat to see the before and after look. I love it.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Anyone have pictures of the horticulture in BVS? I love that the CCT has Birds of Paradise, was hoping they would use these for the land. Seen some pictures but looking for some that displays the flora and fauna in BVS, which the original entrance never had.

So... Lol

• Addicted to MC since '08

What I feared is upon us.. The dreaded post-construction lull.

Nice weather we're having.

• Disneyland > Disney World

And now we play the waiting game.
    Marvel + Disney =

• Minion

Is it just me or is anyone else going to try and be the last post lol

It's a music Celebration
    Come on, come on, come on
    Strike up the band,
    Feel the beat, what a great sensation
    Come on, come on, come on
    Move and clap your hands,
    Get into the Spirit
    Let everyone hear it,
    So come on, come on

Step into the Magic
    Watch the stories come alive
    Step into the Magic
    Every color shines so bright
    Step into the Magic!!!!

-Disneyland Forever Fireworks

---------- Post added 07-06-2012 at 09:16 AM ----------

---------- Post added 07-06-2012 at 09:19 AM ----------

• 2 shots on the rocks.

it is so big and takes up so much valuable real estate.... they could probably fit another land in DCA if the hotel weren't there
    That hotel generates more cash flow than any themed land would. No doubt.