Page 662 of 668 FirstFirst ... 162562612637652659660661662663664665 ... LastLast
Results 9,916 to 9,930 of 10011

Fountain Valley, California, United States

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker 12

The right elevator shaft hasn't been working for some time now...

• Minion

ok, so now that on board POV video is showing up of the Grizzly Gulch runaway mine coaster, do we think there is any chance of getting the bear AAs cloned and added to Grizzly River Run?
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

This attraction screams Big Thunder to me. Maybe with a little more themeing?
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    This attraction screams Big Thunder to me. Maybe with a little more themeing?

It's a modern mine ride. With another Grizzly Peak.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    It's a modern mine ride. With another Grizzly Peak.
    It is in a Grizzly Mountain....but from watching the video it does seem to be a combination of of Big Thunder and Grizzly Peak....with the ride system of Mt. Everest

Quote Originally Posted by xsdesign View Post
    The right elevator shaft hasn't been working for some time now...
    That explains alot. The attraction wait would be ALOT shorter with all shafts working. I knew there had to be something, because the line was physically not much longer than it is with a 30 minute wait, however the clock would say 45-60 min.

This is going to sound a bit odd but i have been thinking about the load and unload area of TOT in Anaheim.

The attraction at the moment has three shafts with six load areas. It seems that with crowd levels they could use all three shafts but only three load areas and still maintain a decent wait time.

I would love it if they went ahead and changed the load sequence for the attraction and just had people load on the second floor and then use the bottom floor for unload.

Doing this would allow them to properly theme the transitional load area of the upper floor. right now when people load the elevators they go from the creepy looking boiler room then pass a corridor that looks like it belongs in an office building.

what if that upper corridor was re-themed to look old and dusty and maybe even have some kind of ghost effect. guest would load the elevator and take the ride then the elevator would drop them off at the first level.

It would definitely add to the theming and story line because guest entering the elevator would not see the previous guests walking down the corridor and going down the steps.

the bottom level queues would be removed completely and used to add more props. they could maybe just keep one short queue that could be used occasionally for disabled loading

• 5 Star

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    ok, so now that on board POV video is showing up of the Grizzly Gulch runaway mine coaster, do we think there is any chance of getting the bear AAs cloned and added to Grizzly River Run?
    I really hope so. The ride would be much more exciting if they added AAs.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelWalrus View Post
    I really hope so. The ride would be much more exciting if they added AAs.
    Agree! I only ridden GRR twice out of all the times I've gone to DCA because A. It just gets you soaked which I dont really love and B. It just doesnt draw me in because there is no story behind it. Its just a raft ride, one I done in many theme parks before, two in SoCAl alone.

They throw in a bit more AAs, a nice little story behind it, I would be willing to get wet more for it.

there is no story behind it.

The Rapids

The Grizzly River Rafting Company has converted a former mining operation into a natural wonderland for thrill-seeking rafters. Your voyage begins placidly enough, as your 8-person raft gently drifts past long-forgotten remnants of the California gold rush.
    Soon, however, you're whisked up an approximately 275-foot-long conveyor belt and deposited into the foaming waters atop Grizzly Peak. Amid the stunning natural vistas and lush pine groves, a growing sense of unease builds as the river speeds up and you dart in and out of ancient caverns, shoot down unexpected gorges, and wind your way around sharp turns.
    Worse, all the while, you know the inevitable... what goes up must come down.
    Grizzly Peak
    Your adventure takes you up the iconic grizzly bear shaped mountain named Grizzly Peak. How did such a natural wonder come to be? According to ancient legend, the peak was once a giant bear named Oo-soo'-ma-te, whom A-ha-le the Coyote transformed into stone to watch over and protect the land.
    Amidst the raging water of the Grizzly River and the howling wind shooting through the rocky caves, the great bear's spirit can reportedly still be heard roaring at those who dare to intrude upon the sacred mountain.
    Are you brave enough to discover if the legend is true?

http://www.youtube.com/DreamImagineCreate

Home of Miniature Disneyland

• Hall Of Promise

GRR may have a back-story, but it has no beginning, middle, or end other than getting wet at the beginning, middle, and end.

I agree. The attraction needs a tempo. It needs a story to the ride and characters with maybe a little comic relief. Maybe a little TNT with some fake expositions that trigger some falling wells or loads of water etc etc. The funny thing is there are already tunnels they could add these elements too. They could add more structures along the ride path as well, maybe wooden sheds or whatnot.

I bet the Imagineers have already thought of this and most likely thought of more. It all comes down to cost and the willingness to invest. That is the key argument.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DreamImagineCreate View Post

The Rapids

The Grizzly River Rafting Company has converted a former mining operation into a natural wonderland for thrill-seeking rafters. Your voyage begins placidly enough, as your 8-person raft gently drifts past long-forgotten remnants of the California gold rush.
    Soon, however, you're whisked up an approximately 275-foot-long conveyor belt and deposited into the foaming waters atop Grizzly Peak. Amid the stunning natural vistas and lush pine groves, a growing sense of unease builds as the river speeds up and you dart in and out of ancient caverns, shoot down unexpected gorges, and wind your way around sharp turns.
    Worse, all the while, you know the inevitable... what goes up must come down.
    Grizzly Peak
    Your adventure takes you up the iconic grizzly bear shaped mountain named Grizzly Peak. How did such a natural wonder come to be? According to ancient legend, the peak was once a giant bear named Oo-soo'-ma-te, whom A-ha-le the Coyote transformed into stone to watch over and protect the land.
    Amidst the raging water of the Grizzly River and the howling wind shooting through the rocky caves, the great bear's spirit can reportedly still be heard roaring at those who dare to intrude upon the sacred mountain.
    Are you brave enough to discover if the legend is true?
    As MagicWDI said, this is the back story, which I know about, but there is NOTHING on the actual ride that draws you in. Thats what I mean. And to be FAIR, plenty of Disney thrill rides dont have much of a story ie, SM, Matterhorn, BTM, etc. Most of them just thrill rides with a light story anyway but the difference is their environments are unique and different enough to draw you in. Where else can you bob sled through a mountain and encounter a snow monster or ride a runaway mine train or ride through space in nearly total darkness? Thats why those are so different even without a lot of story. And both BTM and Matterhorn has a few AAs here and there to make the experience that more exciting. It doesnt have to have 100 AAs of animals scattered all over the place, just a few well placed ones here and there.

GRR is like every raft ride out there basically. It brings nothing unique to the table other than the spinning element and yeah thats been done in DAK already by ANOTHER raft ride that brings nothing to the table, but at least its back story is a bit stronger than this one.

You add a few animals and maybe a small storyline in the actual ride would make it more interesting.

• Lion

To turn GRR from great rapids ride to great themed attraction, all they would have to do is add an antagonist. A grizzly would make sense, but I don't know if they want to portray a bear as a bad guy. Maybe some other "monster" that you encounter along the way. At first you'd only catch glimpses, but then you'd see the huge animatronic of it before/during/after the final drop. You'd have to enclose the final drop, which would serve the dual purpose of hiding the animatronic as well as adding to the thrill of the final drop.

You could add a hardened old prospector animatronic at the bottom of the lift hill, warning you not to explore the river because of the dangers ahead.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^big Thunder has no bad guy yet its a classic....I think the main thing to do is add Animals and maybe a few more props

Heck it would be a cool attraction to see some anmatonic's that were "free" roam rather then stuck in the ground

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    ^big Thunder has no bad guy yet its a classic....I think the main thing to do is add Animals and maybe a few more props

Heck it would be a cool attraction to see some anmatonic's that were "free" roam rather then stuck in the ground
    how? you'd almost have to use real animals... here is a video of Grizzly Gulch mine train ride:

the AAs are pretty darn simple, but they do numbers for the ride
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th