Page 7 of 668 FirstFirst ... 45678910173257107507 ... LastLast

• Become part of MY world!

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker 12

AWESOME video of CCT construction tweeted by @TheDLGazette!
    Disneyland Gazette - A little peak at the Buena Vista Street construction... - Twitvid

f
    rom the video, you can see they're pretty much done with the area in front of the building. The circle planter hub area looks like it's going to be REALLY small with a very wide street. It's hard to tell, but the curbs continue down toward the waterfalls, but they're not filled in yet, so I'm going to say that tomorrow, when this pathway opens it will only be the street section open with everything else behind walls.
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

Quote Originally Posted by TreoFred View Post
    Also, the Condor flat sign is missing! Wonder if anything will happen there...
    I dont think the Conder Flats sign was ever in the maps

• Become part of MY world!

Oh and about the parade route, I'm pretty sure it's just going to go in front of the Carthay and not around the fountain. You can see in the leaked blueprints, that theres a line drawn in that will be the parade route. I can't post the link, but it's in Disneyland News Today . com
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

• film975

Quote Originally Posted by Ursulalvr View Post
    Disneyland Gazette - A little peak at the Buena Vista Street construction... - Twitvid

f
    rom the video, you can see they're pretty much done with the area in front of the building. The circle planter hub area looks like it's going to be REALLY small with a very wide street. It's hard to tell, but the curbs continue down toward the waterfalls, but they're not filled in yet, so I'm going to say that tomorrow, when this pathway opens it will only be the street section open with everything else behind walls.
    Amazing! Already you can see how much classier Buena Vista Street is gonna look compared to the old Sunshinze Plaza.

Thanks SoCalFan for the link to Mint's collection from the 2009 Expo! There are some amazing models pictured. His contributions to this thread are so important to my enjoyment of this site that Thursdays have taken on a whole new meaning simply because of his updates.

• film975

I can't wait to go to the D23 Expo tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursulalvr View Post

f
    I guess somebody was holding a tripod up over the wall?

Are we 100% the walkway between the fountain and the CCT will open tomorrow? It doesn't look totally done. Seems like they could keep the current pathway north of the fountain open a while longer. It doesn't have to be closed off on the same date as the temporary entrance opens.
    Last edited by Mojave; 08-18-2011 at 04:50 PM.

From Mint's Twitter:

Read online that Disney California Adventure's temporary entrance is suppose 2 open 2morrow. I could B wrong, but it doesn't look ready yet
    *A Republic... If you can keep it*

Quote Originally Posted by Zkynaston View Post
    isn't CA Screamin' scheduled to go down for refurbishment next month?
    Yes, according to Dateline Disneyland it will go down for refurbishment from September 6 to October 14.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Zkynaston View Post
    isn't CA Screamin' scheduled to go down for refurbishment next month?
    Yes, it has been shceduled on the Disneyland Resort refurbishment callendar, as well as on Dateline Disneyland. Here is a link to the site... Daily Calendar | Disneyland Resort

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    I guess somebody was holding a tripod up over the wall?

Are we 100% the walkway between the fountain and the CCT will open tomorrow? It doesn't look totally done. Seems like they could keep the current pathway north of the fountain open a while longer. It doesn't have to be closed off on the same date as the temporary entrance opens.
    I don't think the walkway by CCT will open tomorrow at all. If the Soarin' entry opens tomorrow, that's cool. I think they are trying to get the CCT ready to open as quickly as possible, but probably not tomorrow. Or they could hold off on the Backstage entry until the CCT is ready. But it's coming up soon if they've got it on the map already.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Mints update is up. LOVING all the trees going into Carsland and Lizzies looks great! mintcrocodile.blogspot.com

• Still lost in Neverland

The link provided to see a better image of the DCA Map is showing the previous version of the Map and not the one you showed. Weird.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

The Pump House reminds me of a shorter version of 2 Columbus Circle in New York City.

A relatively plain white block building with no obvious purpose, located on a circle with radiating streets, next to other architecturally interesting buildings and Central Park, with a fountain in the middle.

• Senior Minion

I'm really confused by a couple of Mint's pictures. In the photos taken from the monorail it looks like the Mission Tortilla Silo is still there. Were there originally two silos or is that picture not really from today or what?
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney