Page 87 of 668 FirstFirst ... 3762778485868788899097112137187587 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 10011

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker 12

^That is so true. Today, even the largest projects such as the Fantasyland Project and the construction of various mountains are remembered only via scattered and often blurry photos stored in the photo albums of a few people. Now, these sorts of pictures are dumped in mass daily to the internet and databases where they will last forever.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMickey View Post
    Everything looks very nice. I am just concerned that all of BVS will have the curbs ala Tokyo Disneyland that suggest curbs are present, but is really just flat pavement that is meant to give an illusion.

On a separate note, Paradise Pier looks nice but like Hollywood, it is still horribly jumbled as far as theme goes. That land overall is much better than where it was originally, but there are still a lot of new themes clashing with the flat dimensions of DCA version 1.
    I forget where I heard it, but someone said that it was confirmed that real curbs were in the plans. I think it was part of the sidewalk glass conversation that was had a while ago. In any case, lets hope it comes through!

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    ^That is so true. Today, even the largest projects such as the Fantasyland Project and the construction of various mountains are remembered only via scattered and often blurry photos stored in the photo albums of a few people. Now, these sorts of pictures are dumped in mass daily to the internet and databases where they will last forever
    I'm so going to toot my own horn here and point out how totally forward-thinking I was back in 1987-1989 when I got almost biweekly photos (on FILM no less) of Splash Mountain construction. And with no Internet, no one to post them for. Back then, I and my family and friends just thought I was crazy. Now we know... I really was. haha

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    I'm so going to toot my own horn here and point out how totally forward-thinking I was back in 1987-1989 when I got almost biweekly photos (on FILM no less) of Splash Mountain construction. And with no Internet, no one to post them for. Back then, I and my family and friends just thought I was crazy. Now we know... I really was. haha
    I had this exception in mind the whole time. haha

However, the plesure found in having such a rare large collection of pictures on a single project only serves to highlight how little it did happen then!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by nonob88 View Post
    These pictures are from the new In The Parks update -- they show a different view of the entrance construction,

click here to see the full update: http://micechat.com/blogs/in-the-par...struction.html
    They are really moving fast on Buena Vista Street!

• Dream in wonderful color!

- Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

• Disney World Information

Nice Project sound much interesting!!

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

A pumpkin patch on a pier...

Interesting.

• Super

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    I'd love to see these! Have you posted them here before?

• Banned User

Duffy must be selling well otherwise they wouldnt keep coming out with new outfits to sell and new costumes for him in the meet n greet. If he was a dismal failure they would have pulled the plug by now.

Quote Originally Posted by mister_peterman View Post
    I'd love to see these! Have you posted them here before?
    There's a link in my sig.

[Link to unauthorized site removed] update

great BVS demo shots like this
    [Link to unauthorized site removed]
    Last edited by dland_lover; 09-17-2011 at 11:44 PM. Reason: Links to non-partner site with forums removed, per MiceChat policy.

• Mickey is not my Brother

Palm trees on BVS is very disheartening. I thought they would have learned there lesson from DCA 1.0 and gone with more shade producing trees.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald the Rabbitt View Post
    Palm trees on BVS is very disheartening. I thought they would have learned there lesson from DCA 1.0 and gone with more shade producing trees.
    Im a little confused about that as well, even as recently at the D23 Expo the imagineers said they wanted to stay away from palm trees so the guests eyes dont aim towards the sky. I really do not know what happened, im confused ;/

• Mickey is not my Brother

The model always showed nice low shady trees not ugly palms. I hope it is only that area that has palm trees or else my hopes for BVS would start to fall.

• Become part of MY world!

Aren't you guys exaggerating a bit? It's just palm trees. And they've planted some nice shady ones in the same area as well. This is supposed to represent SoCal, what do we have a lot of here? Palm trees. I don't think they're going to line the street though, I would probably expect this area and the straight away down to Hollywood land to have these as those area don't need the sight lines to be lower since the Carthay is huge.
    Poor unfortunate Souls.