Page 91 of 668 FirstFirst ... 418188899091929394101141191591 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 10011

• Olé! Olé! It's Showtime!

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker 12

Quote Originally Posted by Ursulalvr View Post
    ^yes exactly, like me and others have said palm trees make the most sense to have in that area and on the extended Hollywood Blvd. It would draw your eyes upward toward the Carthay Coupula. It's actually nice trick. It will be fine.
    Exactly - the way they've designed BVS is classic architectural technique and much the same way they designed the original Main Street. You enter through a low turnstile, there's a small area with low buildings and trees, you walk under a very low, cramped bridge/tunnel (compression) then emerge into a large area with trees and buildings that draw your eye up (release). This produces that feeling of wonder - you are first compressed into a small space then suddenly a vista opens up in front of you. The palms add to this by their thin verticals drawing the eye up to the fronds at the top.
    MiceChat from Main Street.
    MiceChat goes mobile with the Mouseaddict app for iPhone and iPad! Keep up to date with the latest blogs and columns, chat live with MiceChatters inside and outside of the parks, plan your next move with Addictometer wait times and crowd level mapping, see showtimes and set reminders for dining, shows and FastPass, and find anything in the resort — from attractions to sidewalk carts.

Learn more and download free at mouseaddict.com.

• Thinking about doughnuts

Oboy! Yet another resource-hoggin' pan shot from the terror wheel! This gallery has all of my pan shots if you'd like to see work progress over time.

Click here to see the humongous version.

Worth noting: a bunch of chips have shown up in the last couple of weeks. Hopefully these are for our new pacific bluffs. There's also wood planks which may be for the scaffolding.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Quiksotik View Post
    You guys are complaining about there being palm trees. In a California-themed park. Palm trees.

MC: as classy as ever.

I think the subtle "zones" of BVS explain the tree choices. Carthay seems like the more Hollywood, "palm tree" area.

• Johnny and Me!

Quote Originally Posted by Macro View Post

Worth noting: a bunch of chips have shown up in the last couple of weeks. Hopefully these are for our new pacific bluffs.
    I wonder how detailed these will be in comparison to the Cars Land rockwork.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by dfan07 View Post
    It will probably be comprable to some of the cliffs seen on Splash Mnt. Not as detailed as Carsland but still nice.

• Thinking about doughnuts

(This picture is two weeks old.)

It's got to be pretty flat obviously but there's still room back there for something with an interesting shape. The ends of the toothpicks stick out past the final shape a fairly standard distance so you can see the overall shape of the bluffs by looking at the toothpick ends from the side. I'm still wondering if they can gussy up the parade building somehow. Maybe they can stick some kind of facade on it at some point.

• Carbon based

Oboy! Yet another resource-hoggin' pan shot from the terror wheel! This gallery has all of my pan shots if you'd like to see work progress over time.
    Thank you, thank you, thank you

Go check some pictures of the cliffs by Santa Cruz maybe...

I'm still wondering if they can gussy up the parade building somehow. Maybe they can stick some kind of facade on it at some point.
    Paradise Pier is not finished yet...

So has anyone seen any restrooms in the plans for CarsLand? I am sure that Flo's will have a set of restrooms since it will be the largest eatery but since CarsLand is 12 acre or six if you do not count the land being used by RSR you would think that there would be another set of restrooms somewhere else. Seems like th most logical place would be behind Luigis next to the road leading to Bugsland. I would think that it could be a nightmare on crowded days having guests from Flo's and the rest of the land trying to use the same facility. The other closest restroom is in the wharf and that is also used by all the guests in that area as well.

It would be funny to have a set of restrooms that look like outhouses next to the path leading out of CArsland towards bugs

• Shiver Me Knee Caps

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    So has anyone seen any restrooms in the plans for CarsLand? I am sure that Flo's will have a set of restrooms since it will be the largest eatery but since CarsLand is 12 acre or six if you do not count the land being used by RSR you would think that there would be another set of restrooms somewhere else. Seems like th most logical place would be behind Luigis next to the road leading to Bugsland. I would think that it could be a nightmare on crowded days having guests from Flo's and the rest of the land trying to use the same facility. The other closest restroom is in the wharf and that is also used by all the guests in that area as well.

It would be funny to have a set of restrooms that look like outhouses next to the path leading out of CArsland towards bugs
    my guess would be the building in construction behind the Cones...

• Become part of MY world!

No, that building is the kitchens for the Cozy Cones. TreoFred mentioned a while ago that Flos would be the only area for restrooms, but I agree with Baloo, there's gotta be another set or it would be chaos! LOL

---------- Post added 09-19-2011 at 03:18 PM ----------

My guess for another pair would be Luigi's if they're not gonna use the whole building for the queue for the Courthouse since it's too big a space for just FastPasses.
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

Are they planning on getting rid of soaring?

Quote Originally Posted by Shari58 View Post
    Are they planning on getting rid of soaring?

No.

• Nope! No grown-ups here!

@Shari58 - Welcome to MiceChat!

Based on the best information available to most of us, here, there are no plans to get rid of Soarin' Over California. However, there have been rumors indicating that they may update the movie for the ride, possibly making it include areas other than California. That 'update', if it does come to be, may only be used in the WDW version of Soarin'.
    Last edited by BiggestDisneyFan; 09-19-2011 at 02:38 PM.
    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicBear View Post
    That is the idea I think, but there is nothing official yet.

As long as we don't loose the nice waterfall section I am open to anything.

---------- Post added 09-18-2011 at 04:50 PM ----------

Blue Sky Disney: Holiday Of Color...

Blue sky Disney on WofC holiday.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuenaVista28 View Post
    I was hoping the extended pirates segment would go away after labor day. Has anyone heard when the hellfire segment will return? Even though Tron did not do too well in the box office, I would prefer the Tron segment in WOC would stayed over this new pirate scene.
    Quote Originally Posted by nonob88 View Post
    The blog was deleted, anyone know what it said?
    Quote Originally Posted by blorgan View Post
    ??? What are you talking about? Did Blue Sky Disney get scooped? Honest question. BSD?
    Quote Originally Posted by BuenaVista28 View Post
    Very interesting indeed! Its probably true and Disney told them to take it down.
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicBear View Post
    Not sure. Lots of websites/blogs have reveled elements about the parks that came true and did not have the information pulled, if so why would this be different? It might not be Disney, but the author themselves or even an imagineer who did not realized the effect that the info might have.

We might never know.
    He was having server issues, nothing else happened.

As for his post about the show this year, I think we should wait and see what gets announced for the season before there is too much excitement for a full show.

Macro... I am once again reminded why I visit this site.