Page 98 of 668 FirstFirst ... 4873889596979899100101108123148198598 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 10011

• AKA: Indyiluvu

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker 12

So we know the pumphouse will be a trolley stop. Does anyone know if there will be a wait times board, either by the pumphouse, or at another location in BVS?

Also since they are making all the new attraction posters, does anyone know if the plan is to place them somewhere in BVS? And if so where would the posters be displayed at?
    FIRST DLR TRIP - 1981

FIRST DLP TRIP - March 1997

FIRST WDW TRIP - May/June 2006

FIRST HKDL TRIP - 2016?

FIRST TDLR TRIP - 2017?

FIRST SHDL TRIP - 2019?

• film975

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    When was the focus taken off Disneyland?
    -Star Tours
    -Repaving Everywhere
    -Splash Mt.
    -Bobsleds
    -Pirates
    -The Rivers of America
    -Upgrades to varoius Fantasyland Attractions
    -EO

Those are just some of the projects that have happened recently. Disneyland has been geting constant love well past what it got in the decade before the 50th.
    You can cross Rivers of America off that list because they just did a major refurbishment of it not too long ago. I for one look forward to Luigi's Flying Tires. I keep hearing how fun the Flying Saurcers were in Tomorrowland but that was before my time. So I am looking forward to riding it in Cars Land.

• Dream in wonderful color!

Quote Originally Posted by planodisney View Post
    Boy, that picture of Luigis is certainly less than impressive and doesnt even remotely stir any excitement in me whatsoever. It realy is hugely dissappointing that the 2 secondary attractions in Carsland are just more of what made DCA 2nd rate in the first place.
    I can guarantee that you will never see a bumpar cars or spinner ride in Harry Potter or Avatar at Animal Kingdom. I would rather have had 1 decent secondary attraction than 2 carnival rides. As excited as I am for RSR, my trips to DCA will include a walk straight threw Carsland back to RSR and staight out when finished. There isnt a single other attraction or restaurant that would cause me to spend any time there.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jyoshiki/5486693249/

You're right, HarryPotterLand doesn't have spinning rides but it does have two re-themed coasters. At least in Cars Land they're building all-new rides instead of reskinning of old ones. Also, I highly doubt you will ever see a flying-tire type of ride ride at your local fair.

They haven't announced the attraction lineup for Avatar Land but I wouldn't be surprised to see a few C-D tickets like the ones at Cars Land.
    Last edited by nonob88; 09-22-2011 at 12:27 PM.
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by planodisney View Post
    Boy, that picture of Luigis is certainly less than impressive and doesnt even remotely stir any excitement in me whatsoever. It realy is hugely dissappointing that the 2 secondary attractions in Carsland are just more of what made DCA 2nd rate in the first place.
    I can guarantee that you will never see a bumpar cars or spinner ride in Harry Potter or Avatar at Animal Kingdom. I would rather have had 1 decent secondary attraction than 2 carnival rides. As excited as I am for RSR, my trips to DCA will include a walk straight threw Carsland back to RSR and staight out when finished. There isnt a single other attraction or restaurant that would cause me to spend any time there.
    Your right. Instead Harry Potter land has an off the shelf kiddie coaster Flight of the Hippogriff and a renamed coaster that wasn't themed at all other than the queue.

Nonob88 - you posted while I was writing.........
    Last edited by themur; 09-22-2011 at 12:26 PM. Reason: add a footnote
    The Mur

• Dream in wonderful color!

Quote Originally Posted by brenden View Post
    I can understand if they want to leave it "plain" for Halloween, but I hope they add Christmas decorations! And I hope they're on par with the ones on Main Street!
    ^ On a related note, i'm wondering where they will put the X-Mas tree this year.. In the past few years they put it in the area across from the Cove Bar, but that space is now occupied by Mickey's meet-and-greet and the trees/planters they recently added. I guess it could still go there if they move around the current setup of the meet-and-greet.

Also, does anyone know if there's space for the christmas tree in BVS once it opens? I'm thinking it could go in the town square area directly across from the turnstiles, where the flagpoles will be.
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
    We were discussing what will be shown in BSC after phase 1. Where do you see ANY of those things in the Blue Sky Cellar?
    My appologies.

I don't think that the Blue Sky Cellar will ever show anything regarding Disneyland in it's current existance. It is specifically for the DCA investment. I see what you mean now that you've said that, but originally your didn't make whether you were talking about the cellar, or Disney in general clear.

Quote Originally Posted by film975 View Post
    You can cross Rivers of America off that list because they just did a major refurbishment of it not too long ago.

[...]
    That was a list of recently finished/current projects.

• A Malice in Wonderland...

Quote Originally Posted by nonob88 View Post

Also, does anyone know if there's space for the christmas tree in BVS once it opens? I'm thinking it could go in the town square area directly across from the turnstiles, where the flagpoles will be.
    I have no inside knowledge but I think your town square idea would probably be ideal. As someone who appreciates seeing the parks without all the decorations, I wonder if at any point Disney would consider alternating the holidays between the parks. DL gets could get Halloween while DCA remained without decoration, and then DCA could get dressed up for Christmas. Sometimes I feel like I never get to see day to day Main Street.
    In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    My appologies.

I don't think that the Blue Sky Cellar will ever show anything regarding Disneyland in it's current existance. It is specifically for the DCA investment. I see what you mean now that you've said that, but originally your didn't make whether you were talking about the cellar, or Disney in general clear.
    I'm not sure if this is true. I understand that John Lasseter pushed for the Blue Sky Cellar as he had always been a fan of the future attraction information that was in Main Street for a long time. I remember looking at that Splash Mountain model an awful lot. Seemed like it was there forever.

I can see them using it for a major DL addition.
    The Mur

^ On a related note, i'm wondering where they will put the X-Mas tree this year.. In the past few years they put it in the area across from the Cove Bar, but that space is now occupied by Mickey's meet-and-greet and the trees/planters they recently added. I guess it could still go there if they move around the current setup of the meet-and-greet.

I could see it in the "Gazebo section" of BVS near the fountain and the Storytellers statue. Unless that structure is buit to the ground then maybe by the flag pole? I wonder if the CCT will be themed during the holidays, it will be interesting to see how BVS looks once the Holidays come around.

• Become part of MY world!

Could we stop trying to compare WWOHP to Carsland? It's not even remotely close enough to be compared. Besides the fact that they're both based on franchises. Honestly, I am excited to experience both lands(WWOHP more cause it looks freaking awesome!) and each is unique in it's own way!
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Ursulalvr View Post
    Could we stop trying to compare WWOHP to Carsland? It's not even remotely close enough to be compared. Besides the fact that they're both based on franchises. Honestly, I am excited to experience both lands(WWOHP more cause it looks freaking awesome!) and each is unique in it's own way!
    Yeah, let's save the WWOP comparisons for Disney's Pandora™ from 20th Century Fox's feature film, AVATAR™. :P

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by themur View Post
    I'm not sure if this is true. I understand that John Lasseter pushed for the Blue Sky Cellar as he had always been a fan of the future attraction information that was in Main Street for a long time. I remember looking at that Splash Mountain model an awful lot. Seemed like it was there forever.

I can see them using it for a major DL addition.
    I'd think that they'd put that in Disneyland though. Even better, put it in DTD for both.

Quote Originally Posted by simba View Post
    Yeah, it's close, but it's definitely an earlier-stage concept art than what is being built. Not that far off, but definitely not completely accurate. The gates are different, the trees are different, the fence is taller, and there are lampposts already installed that aren't depicted there.

And the fence isn't uneven any more - they did indeed trim the tops as expected.
    I don't know exactly what pictures you've seen, but the gates are the same (unless they leave the oval part black), the trees are the same, the fence looks to be the same height. But you are right about the lampposts and the now even fence. There are tires lining the ride, there's an awning, as expected. Very close to me.

• Banned User

I will be at the parks on Sunday and will try to take pix of anything new. Im hoping that more of Greetings will be gone by then.

---------- Post added 09-22-2011 at 06:13 PM ----------

Flight of the Hippogriff | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

You're right, HarryPotterLand doesn't have spinning rides but it does have two re-themed coasters. At least in Cars Land they're building all-new rides instead of reskinning of old ones. Also, I highly doubt you will ever see a flying-tire type of ride ride at your local fair.

They haven't announced the attraction lineup for Avatar Land but I wouldn't be surprised to see a few C-D tickets like the ones at Cars Land.
    People really give Universal a pass on all its flaws, that Harry Potter coaster looks pretty bare and light on theme elements.
    Last edited by BuenaVista28; 09-22-2011 at 05:14 PM.

• Minion

Alright, Mint. I think we're ready for your update!!!