Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• thanks for noticing me

Can you really arrive 3 hours early for the Halloween event? and can you be dressed?

We are thinking of going to the Mickey's Trick or Treat in October and was looking on the Disneyland website and it says included in your event ticket is "Admission to the Disneyland Park up to 3 hours prior to the event's start time".

So since the party is from 7pm-midnight, I could really come into the park at 4pm that day? and fully dressed for the Halloween party? We were thinking of getting a 3 day park hopper instead of a 4 day hopper and just going into the park for the party on that 4th day rather then spend the money for another park day when we are already spending $60 for the event...but wanted to make sure we could be dressed for the Halloween party that early at the park?
    Angela
    Going for Halloween 2011
    *Click here to see My Disneyland Photos*

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Re: Can you really arrive 3 hours early for the Halloween event? and can you be dress

That's how it worked last year, and I even wonder if they allowed people with party tickets in even earlier than that, . . . . . anyone know? What did they do with guests with party tickets, who arrived prior to 3 hours before the official start?

• Future Imagineer! =D

Re: Can you really arrive 3 hours early for the Halloween event? and can you be dress

Actually, I don't think you can be in your costume until the party starts at 7. I could be wrong because the past four times we've gone we've showed up right as the party was starting
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

• Always Dreaming

Last year we went earlier than the party's start in costume, so I'm guessing they begin letting people in costume in at 4PM
    http://aurorahermione.tumblr.com - costuming and random Disney stuff

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Little Imagineer, that is incorrect. Guests with Halloween Party ticket ARE in FACT allowed in - in Costume - 3 Hours prior to the official start of the Party, on those evenings, Just look at the official rules posted at the Disney web site:

Take part in all kinds of frightful family fun:
    • Viewing of the boo-tiful Halloween Screams fireworks spectacular — exclusively for Mickey's Halloween Party Guests
    • Admission to the Disneyland Park up to 3 hours prior to the event's start time
    • Take photos with favorite Disney Villains
    • Special treat stations offering both yummy candy and healthy goodies
    • Dress up and enjoy the ghoulish goings-on at Mickey's Costume Party Cavalcade
    • At Piratepalooza in Rancho del Zocalo Restaurante, kick up your boots with Goofy and other swashbucklers.
    • Come to Tomorrowland Terrace for Buzz Lightyear's Intergalactic Space Jam — a hi-energy dance party that goes to infinity and beyond
    • Access to nearly all attractions, including all the Halloween-themed attractions such as Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy and Haunted Mansion Holiday
    • Lively music so your bones can boogie
    • Plus, lots more entertainment for little boys and ghouls
    You'll also enjoy complimentary parking for one vehicle. Larger vehicles may require an additional fee.

---------- Post added 08-17-2011 at 09:28 PM ----------

Here are the official Start times:

Friday, September 30, 2011 - 7:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.
    Monday, October 3, 2011
    - 6:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011
    Tuesday, October 18, 2011
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011
    $49.00 $59.00
    Friday, October 7, 2011 - 7:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.
    Friday, October 14, 2011
    - 7:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.
    Friday, October 21, 2011
    - 7:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.
    $59.00 $59.00
    Friday, October 28, 2011 - 7:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.
    Monday, October 31, 2011
    $64.00
    $64.00

So, the RULES are on days which the official start time is 7pm, guests in costumes with special Halloween Party tickets WILL be allowed in at 4pm, and for days the party officially begins at 6pm, guests in costumes with special Halloween Party tickets will be allowed in at 3pm.

But the question still remains to be seen, IF guest in costumes, with Halloween Party Tickets, prior to 3pm/4pm, will there be a separate line outside the gate for those people, or will DL bend their own rules, and start allowing them in earlier than that.

And of course, how well with DL Security rid the park of regular paying guests, prior to the official start of the party, and how big of a broo-ha-ha will that be this year.

• thanks for noticing me

ok so it does sound like we should be good to dress up and arrive 3 hours early we want to take full advantage of the time for the money since we have young kids who won't make it to midnight Thank you everyone
    Angela
    Going for Halloween 2011
    *Click here to see My Disneyland Photos*

• Dreaming of next trip

We went last year and had so much fun we are going this year. at around 4PM there will be a line off to the side for those in the party. after they scan your ticket you will go in and they will give you a wrist band.
    Last year the wrist band went on the left hand.
    Using the party ticket for your one day entrace only makes sense, why spend the extra money when you can get in 3 hours ahead of the party.
    (forgot sometimes the party may start early).
    Last year we left early in the morning as soon as my wife got home from work (grave yard shift). She did not sleep much the 7 hours down. We checked into the hotel and then went to the party. She felt it would be worth it to drive down after work and then go to the party and drive home. She really loved the party.
    counting down the days for this trip.

• Keepin' it calsteady

I was surprised to see what a good deal the Halloween parties are. Assuming you show up 3 hours ahead, those prices get you 8 hours in a lightly trafficked Disneyland, plus all the Halloween festivities.

Here are the rest of the rules from Disneyland.com:

All event attendees — including adults — may dress in their favorite Halloween costume and must follow these and other guidelines:
    • Costumes should be child-friendly and may not be obstructive, offensive or violent.
    • Guests may wear masks. However, masks must not obstruct vision and eyes must be visible at all times.
    • Guests that dress like Disney Characters may not pose for pictures or sign autographs for other Guests.
    • Costumes should not drag on the ground.
    • Costumes should not contain sharp objects, pointed objects or materials that may accidentally strike another Guest.
    • Costumes should not contain any weapons which resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.
    • Guests of all ages may only wear costumes to the Mickey's Halloween Party event and during the designated hours prior to the scheduled event for which they have valid tickets. During normal Park operating hours, costumes are only permitted for Guests ages 9 and younger.
    Last edited by bee1000; 08-17-2011 at 09:27 PM. Reason: added rules

• Future Imagineer! =D

Ahh, I was wrong. That's good information to have, thanks(:
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

For those of you who attended the party last year... how big are the crowds?

• The Pumpkin King

Quote Originally Posted by jsanch2 View Post
    For those of you who attended the party last year... how big are the crowds?
    I did not go last year, but wanting to go this year. Crowds should'nt be big because they limit the tickets which limits the amount of people attending the party. I believe a lot of the rides will either be 5-10 min wait or almost walk on. Especially with people doing meet and greets and also getting candy.

I have a question.

I have not gone to the trick or treat party since it was at california adventure, during then they closed the park to get everybody out and set up, and then the people with the tickets waited in line for the party to open at 7pm. do they not close the park any longer to set up and get other guests out of the park anymore?

---------- Post added 08-18-2011 at 10:14 AM ----------

Also, do we know if Star Tours will be open during the halloween parties?

It'd be a perfect time to be able to go on that once.. twice... or three times with small lines!

We went last year (surprised our kids) and are planning on surprising our kids by doing it again this year.

Honestly, it was one of the best times we have ever had at Disneyland and we were annual passholders a couple of years back that went a lot.

To answer some of the questions, here is how they did it last year. As said above, you can get there 3 hours before the party starts. There is a separate line that you have to go through to get in to the park. It was off to the right last year. They don't allow anyone in this line to get in until the designated time (3 or 4). Once in, you get your wristband and a bag for your candy.

About 15-30 minutes before the party starts, they make announcements that Disneyland is having the party and they will be closing to guests without a wristband. When the official party starts, they start checking everyone for wrist bands everywhere. We were sitting down eating dinner and they came over to us and made sure we had a wristband. They do that for a while and then stop checking when they feel they have weeded out the stragglers.

Then you get to enjoy Disneyland without crowds! Most rides are walk ons or very little wait. The candy stations are all over and you can get a ton of great candy! And then you can wait 'til about 15 minutes before the fireworks show and go over to the hub and get a great spot to see the show. It is awesome! No camping out 2 hours before hand or fighting with people to get a good spot. Also, they have various other things done to enhance the mood. The river has fog and the pirate ship is lit up pretty cool. There are scarecrows (men dressed up like them) around the hub heckling the crowd. Several different dance floors set up with DJs and dancers. It was great!

Once our little candy bags were full, we went into one of the stores and got their big clear Disneyland bag (the kind you get when you buy clothes or something) and dumped the little bags into that big bag. Then we got the small ones filled up again! We literally are still finishing off the candy we got last year.

For us, it was totally worth it to experience Disneyland and the enhancements made for less than a normal day pass to Disneyland.

• The Pumpkin King

Quote Originally Posted by bacevedo View Post
    We went last year (surprised our kids) and are planning on surprising our kids by doing it again this year.

Honestly, it was one of the best times we have ever had at Disneyland and we were annual passholders a couple of years back that went a lot.

To answer some of the questions, here is how they did it last year. As said above, you can get there 3 hours before the party starts. There is a separate line that you have to go through to get in to the park. It was off to the right last year. They don't allow anyone in this line to get in until the designated time (3 or 4). Once in, you get your wristband and a bag for your candy.

About 15-30 minutes before the party starts, they make announcements that Disneyland is having the party and they will be closing to guests without a wristband. When the official party starts, they start checking everyone for wrist bands everywhere. We were sitting down eating dinner and they came over to us and made sure we had a wristband. They do that for a while and then stop checking when they feel they have weeded out the stragglers.

Then you get to enjoy Disneyland without crowds! Most rides are walk ons or very little wait. The candy stations are all over and you can get a ton of great candy! And then you can wait 'til about 15 minutes before the fireworks show and go over to the hub and get a great spot to see the show. It is awesome! No camping out 2 hours before hand or fighting with people to get a good spot. Also, they have various other things done to enhance the mood. The river has fog and the pirate ship is lit up pretty cool. There are scarecrows (men dressed up like them) around the hub heckling the crowd. Several different dance floors set up with DJs and dancers. It was great!

Once our little candy bags were full, we went into one of the stores and got their big clear Disneyland bag (the kind you get when you buy clothes or something) and dumped the little bags into that big bag. Then we got the small ones filled up again! We literally are still finishing off the candy we got last year.

For us, it was totally worth it to experience Disneyland and the enhancements made for less than a normal day pass to Disneyland.
    Sounds fun, awesome and exciting! I REALLY want to go this year, meh, need the $44 for it.

Wow!! That sounds so much better than when they had it at California Adventure! Makes me so excited!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast