Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Re: New Fantasy Faire Experience coming to Disneyland!

A lot of people are saying "In front of the castle" Since when did to the left and in a corner become the front of the castle.. Jeeze...

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• The Legend Ends

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Analyst View Post
    A lot of people are saying "In front of the castle" Since when did to the left and in a corner become the front of the castle.. Jeeze...
    since people were attempting to make a point by twisting facts
    I believe in Sherlock Holmes, Moriarty was real.

• Halloween 2011

Carnation Plaza to become Fantasy Faire

Apparently Tom Skaggs announced the conversion of the Carnation Plaza Stage into a Fantasy Faire intended to provide an immersive Princess experience, as well as expand the boundaries of Fantasyland. New Fantasy Faire Experience Coming to Disneyland Park Disney Parks Blog

Comments range from "Great News!" to "Bad idea: The hub should have one entrance to each land". What are your thoughts?

• All-American

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    No, the point you are not understanding is that the argument I was countering was that the hub has no time period and everything is appropriate to place there. I was pointing out what a slippery slope that is. Hence the question where do you draw the line before the Hulk is standing next to Partners?
    Actually there is quite the difference. Rongo pointed out that the hub is where the lands meet and transition into each other, which is true - that means everything in the hub acts as a transition to either medieval Europe, the Old West, the jungle, the future, or to Main Street. The proposed M&G fits very nicely into one of those - the Hulk doesn't fit into any. Additionally, the meet and greet is tucked into a corner behind a canopy of trees, and is about as physically far from Partners as one can get while still being in the hub... if it can even be seen from Partners at all. Big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by RiversOfAmerica View Post
    Except that those movies weren't very good, imo. However, I suppose you're correct. They'd still work. For that matter, Aladdin would work as well. Even if it doesn't work as well as it could, who really cares? It's fantasy. The theme isn't supposed to define the experience, the experience is supposed to define the theme. Just take the "doesn't fit the theme" police with a grain of salt.
    Off-topic, but the movies actually scored a pretty high 85 and 84 percent on RottenTomatoes...

Emperor's New Groove

Hercules

And agreed on the "Fantasyland must appeal to boys" argument. The theme is medieval Europe, which means princesses, knights, and smelly peasants. Considering Fantasyland's other theme is attractions based on Disney films, and Disney has yet to make a movie starring knights or smelly peasants, who are they logically going to focus a new Fantasyland attraction on? Plus, the vast majority of visitors simply expect to see the princesses when they go to Disneyland, in the same way people expect roller coasters when they go to Cedar Point. As far as I'm concerned, the proposed location is the best and most logical place for them... unless, of course, the MiceChat community would like them back in the same theater that we've been relentlessly complaining that the princesses have occupied for all these years.

• Senior Minion

Re: Carnation Plaza to become Fantasy Faire

Quote Originally Posted by dougeebear View Post
    Apparently Tom Skaggs announced the conversion of the Carnation Plaza Stage into a Fantasy Faire intended to provide an immersive Princess experience, as well as expand the boundaries of Fantasyland.
    Tom wins the Disney PR-Speak Prize. On the tiny portion of the planet still not owned by Disney, "immersive Princess experience" is flak-talk for "hyping Disney merchandise to little girls."
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Disney is home

Quote Originally Posted by MarkTwain View Post
    Unless, of course, the MiceChat community would like them back in the same theater that we've been relentlessly complaining that the princesses have been occupying for all these years.
    You are darned if you do and darned if you don't. This is one of the reasons why the debate on this has made me laugh because most micechatters have been wanting that space to become vacant again for a new show or attraction.

Looking at an arial view, the Carnation area is pretty far forward from Fantasyland and it's stuck between Main Street USA and Fronteirland. I wonder how they plan on connecting Fantasyland with this. Will the only way to get to this place be through either the Hub or Fronteirland?

People are saying "In front of the castle" as a generalization not as an exact location. No one said it was front and center. The castle is attached to a big building there which acts like a castle wall so therefore people say it's "In front of the castle. So, I think people saying it's in front of the castle is a pretty fair description of it.

Fantasy Faire Location by moonliner55, on Flickr

As far as I can see there's more people who don't mind the idea, but they don't agree with the location.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

That photo makes it abundantly clear, to me, what so many people been saying...the area is sort of walled in by trees, near the castle, connected to it easily, and not easily visible straight into it even from Partners unless trying to, let alone Main Street. There will almost be certainly some sort of gate or archway, appropriate to facing outwards just like Snow White's grotto, and maybe even 'castle walls' that connect to the castle on that side.

It will be fine.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

But how will people get to it from Fantasyland? Do you think it's possible?
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    But how will people get to it from Fantasyland? Do you think it's possible?
    There is already a Fantasyland path there, to the right of the tables...hidden by trees in the photo. It goes through a archway and comes out by the Sleeping Beauty walkthrough entrance, toy store, and ODV cart roughly.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

With the problEm many seem to have of This being gender specific there is a possible solution to it. Idk if anyone had mentioned it prior because I didn't feel like scrolling through on my phone but. Is there a possibility it could be gender neutral by throwing in the princes on a regular basis. Along with a smaller thing for boys to do in the area. While presumably the sisters would do the main attraction with the princesses

• All-American

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    There is already a Fantasyland path there, to the right of the tables...hidden by trees in the photo. It goes through a archway and comes out by the Sleeping Beauty walkthrough entrance, toy store, and ODV cart roughly.
    That's what I was thinking - during construction, they may go and play up that pathway to be more visible and significant, thereby more strongly connecting the new area to Fantasyland proper. I could therefore see the new princess-focused area transitioning pretty nicely to the Sleeping Beauty Walkthrough area of Fantasyland.

I've always appreciated the carnation plaza for it's relaxing atmosphere and fun dancing on the weekends. But, as I hate to see it go, I'm happy that they are putting in something that will make all the kids and families happy. Walt would want that.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by noleafclover1980 View Post
    The concept art looks like it will be pretty nice looking at least. The bottom line w/ Disneyland is that there just isn't a lot of space, if they want to expand or add stuff, something has to go. At least this is making better use of space. The princess stuff moves to a smaller, better themed area, and the big theater that they wasted a ton of space with gets to actually be a theater again. As far as Fantasyland encroaching on Main Street.... I don't think the location encroaches any more then Pixie Hollow does. I never even though of that corner as Main Street myself, I just considered it part of the hub. I always considered the end of Main Street when you hit the hub.
    Yes Disneyland is low on space but why didnt they use the fantasyland theater area for this new meet n greet? It just seems like a poor decision to cut away a piece of main st for princess crap.

Seems like they are adding more charm to DCA while taking it away at DL.

• Disney is home

Quote Originally Posted by BuenaVista28 View Post
    Yes Disneyland is low on space but why didnt they use the fantasyland theater area for this new meet n greet?
    Most likely for the same reasons that most people on here have been voicing that Disney return Princess Fantasy Faire back to a stage show or build a new attraction. Now that Disney is doing what most people on here have been wanting them to do, people are now saying to keep it there?

Quote Originally Posted by BuenaVista28 View Post
    It just seems like a poor decision to cut away a piece of main st for princess crap.?
    It's all a matter of opinion on what is "crap". Try telling that to the little girls and even boys that feel like their dreams come true when they get to meet these princesses and interact with them.

Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast