Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

• I'm not really here

Re: New Fantasy Faire Experience coming to Disneyland!

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    as this area has always been deemed as part of Main Street.
    Only by the fans. According to Disneyland park maps as far back as the mid 90s this area has always been a part Fantasyland. If anything the Plaza Pavillions is horribly out of theme.

Although I guess in this map it was technically Frontierland (http://www.themeparkbrochures.net/ma...dland1987.html)

Quote Originally Posted by ChessurInWonderland View Post
    People seem to be taking my earlier posts the wrong way. I'm very thankful that the stage is staying, I'm just a little sad because I love Carnation Plaza Gardens, just because I have memories of performing there and I kind of like the simplicity look that's there right now.
    Thanks for explaining. Fair enough. Though just think, now when you tell people you performed there you can preface it with "back when this was Plaza Pavilions..." hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald1980 View Post
    Now that Disney is doing what most people on here have been wanting them to do, people are now saying to keep it there?
    That seems to happen quite often.

Try telling that to the little girls and even boys that feel like their dreams come true when they get to meet these princesses and interact with them.
    What about us adults too?

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• DLR Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by BuenaVista28 View Post
    Yes Disneyland is low on space but why didnt they use the fantasyland theater area for this new meet n greet?
    That's easy. I'll give you the short version. Entertainment wants their stage back. They want to put on stage shows in the theater, but can't because it's currently being used by the Princess Fantasy Faire. But Princess Fantasy Faire is way to popular with the guests to just close shop, or even downsize it elsewhere. Reimagining it at the current Carnation Plaza Gardens solves both problems, and makes use of an area that is completely underutilized during the day.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

have to agree with Wiggins, Staggs sounds like he's talking out both sides of his mouth with this project.

If they would place a nicely themed little meet and greet area, about the size of what is by Snow White's fountain area on the east side of the castle, that would be ok, BUT they are wanting to push it WAY beyond that. From the Disney Blog, just look at the crappy makeover planned for the dance area:

That just Doesn't say Swing Dancing to me. . . The need to back off on the Fantasyland theming for this area, and leave the classier Main Street lighting for this area, We don't need the immediate hub area even more cluttered with the cheap looking makeover. Imagineers need to learn what proper Disney Themeing is, and how transitions should work, in a Disney Park.

Even though I'm ok with them using a LITTLE BIT of the hidden area for a Smaller meet and greet area,

It's just NOT appropriate for the themeing of a small European village to be on the Main Street side of the Castle!

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    It's just NOT appropriate for the themeing of a small European village to be on the Main Street side of the Castle!
    In an area that, according to Disney Park maps dating back 17 years at least, has always been a part of Fantasyland, NOT Main Street nor the hub. Park maps in the 80s show it as being a part of Frontierland. It is not Main Street.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Hooterville, USA

Much ado about..................................

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    in an area that, according to disney park maps dating back 17 years at least, has always been a part of fantasyland, not main street nor the hub. Park maps in the 80s show it as being a part of frontierland. It is not main street.
    thank you

•   
    • Insert Hilarious Title

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Disney appears to so indifferent to theme these days, I'm surprised they aren't putting this stupid princess meet and greet on the old Peoplemover platform.
    As long as they don't break theme by having a modern day transportation system running through Fantasyland, everything will be okay.

[just teasing]
    Feel free to add me as a friend on Facebook (Just mention MiceChat)

"The thing that makes us different is our way of thinking, our judgement and experience acquired over the years. Giving it 'heart.' Others haven't understood the public. We developed a psychological approach to everything we do here. We seem to know when to 'tap the heart.' Others have hit the intellect. We can hit them in an emotional way. Those that appeal to the intellect only appeal to a very limited group. Let's not let the mechanics get in here and foul the whole thing." -Walt Disney

I completley forgot about the pathway that connects fantasyland to the carnation gardens... I wonder if wdi may even completely conceal the new area from the hub using more trees and creat a forestside village theme in the new fantasy faire area and no longer have an entrance from the hub... Anyway I think that it is exciting based on the fact the huge fantasy land theatre area can now be utilized for something new! This I a great way to keep the very popular PFF but condense it's size and free up some very valuable real estate for future expansion!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    In an area that, according to Disney Park maps dating back 17 years at least, has always been a part of Fantasyland, NOT Main Street nor the hub. Park maps in the 80s show it as being a part of Frontierland. It is not Main Street.

That statement is just ignoring where the european village themeing begins. It's NOT until you have passed the castle. The Drawbridge IS the official entrance to DL, and placing a European village anywhere in front of the caste - even on the sides is blatantly ignoring the hub and Main Street area.

And the castle is not out of theme, as it serves as the entrances to Fantasyland.

Just look where the Castle actually is - the Dance Stage area IS part of the HUB and Main Street.

---------- Post added 08-20-2011 at 01:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    Much ado about..................................
    About THEMEING!

Remember, Walt created Disneyland as a THEME PARK, not an amusement park.

The most exciting news is that we're getting the theater back! It's been the home to some fantastic stage shows like Snow White and DL is sorely missing a good stage. I'm excited to see what productions they put on next.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by RiversOfAmerica View Post
    Except that those movies weren't very good, imo. However, I suppose you're correct. They'd still work. For that matter, Aladdin would work as well. Even if it doesn't work as well as it could, who really cares? It's fantasy. The theme isn't supposed to define the experience, the experience is supposed to define the theme. Just take the "doesn't fit the theme" police with a grain of salt.
    They could use Hercules, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Great Mouse Detective, Enchanted*, Beauty and the Beast, Bedknobs and Broomsticks, Mary Poppins, Sorcerer's Apprentice/Fantasia, The Rescuers, Lilo and Stitch, Tangled for Fantasyland.

Personally I would put Lion King, Jungle Book, Aladdin, and Emperor's New Groove in Adventureland.

Pocahontas in Frontierland.

Meet the Robinsons, Tron in Tomorrowland
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    That statement is just ignoring where the european village themeing begins. It's NOT until you have passed the castle.
    That may be where the village theme begins, but the European Castle theme begins the moment you step out of the hub street onto the north side and are facing the castle with a bridge over the moat. There are banners and themed benches along this part around the north side of the hub. There is a moat and the themed flower beds along its banks. The Fantasyland theme extends well past the courtyard, under the castle, the castle itself, the drawbridge, the moat, the flowers, trees, all of it, right to the very edge of the hub. Snow White's grotto is part of Fantasyland and extends well beyond the castle as well with a wishing well, the fairytale bridge design over the river, the music, trees and lighting as well. Swan shaped topiaries, all of it right up to the edge of the hub again. Similar themes exist on the west side of the castle with the trees, views, water of the moat. It's all part of the castle grounds. The odd ball is the pavilion itself as this land is claimed by Fantasyland (according to Disney itself for nearly 2 decades now). It is what is out of theme.

European villages often had walls to contain them and keep them safe. This is represented by the castle courtyard. However, as villages grew into towns and cities, they often pushed well outside their walls so that the walled off section became "downtown" while the city sprawled far beyond the castle. This new are will fit that bill exactly. And I wouldn't be surprised to see them retheme the westside path from the castle to this area to match as well, giving this area even more room.

Don't, however, expect to be able to see into this theme from outside. Expect heavy trees along the hub side of the pavilion to further block out views as well as the back of the building facades to be themed to further disguise what is there so as to preserve the view from the hub. All you'll get is a little tease through the entrance. The "weenie" if you will. Similar to the view of the Castle from Town Square. Or how about the Astro-orbiter a similar distance from the Hub as this new area? Completely out of theme and in no way hidden at all? Or the People Movers back in the day? How is it ok for them to "break theme" and be visible from the hub, but it isn't ok for this? Even the Tiki room sits on the hub side of the lands entrance arch, therefore breaking theme as it is easily visible from the hub.

• Minion

Swing dancing doesn't even for the them of main street so who cares!

• Blew By You

I'm OK with the concept. But there ought to be more than just a princess meet/greet. In Fantasy, there's also the villains, the princes, the magicians (Merlin), the other lesser characters. I could see shows that highlight villains as a change of pace. Or get Merlin to perform once again. This could be a very good area as long as there's variety and not a narrow narrow narrow princess focus.

Now that I think of it, they could pull it off. I just don't want to see a midevil square from Main Street, but if they can just get rid of that walkway, find some way to route it through Fantasyland and use trees or a castle wall to hide the "Fantasy theme" I will be okay with it.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast