Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Re: New Fantasy Faire Experience coming to Disneyland!

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    As has been said plenty of times, there is already a path from the castle courtyard to this area, similar to the path on the opposite side from the courtyard to Snow White's grotto. Trust me, I'm looking at my 1995 map right now and can see it plain as day
    Wait.. people didn't know there was a path there? It's just to the right of the entrance to the Sleeping Beauty walkthrough.. now that I think of it, I use that path more often then I do the one by Snow White's grotto.

• Minion

TreoFred, I think you are quite right, I would have done that earlier but I don't have good skills lol, if anyone can take a 360 degree panorama of this area then someone could put the art in. How about we ask Macro to do that lol
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Carbon based

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    TreoFred, I think you are quite right, I would have done that earlier but I don't have good skills lol, if anyone can take a 360 degree panorama of this area then someone could put the art in. How about we ask Macro to do that lol
    The panorama idea is a great one: I'll go grab my camera and shoot some stuff... as soon as D23 is done

And BTW, I have no skils so I take the easy way out: I blame the tools !

• Minion

I'm looking on my 1995 wall size map, why does it show the big tent that houses the stage, and a smaller one next to it?
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by Rongo View Post

Now, about this assertion by so many people that the Plaza/hub is in Main Street: it clearly is not, and never, ever has been.
    The point of the hub has always been that this is where all the themed lands come together.
    - Then how do you explain the Plaza Inn?
    - How do you explain Plaza Pavilion?
    - How do you explain Carnation Gardens?
    - How do you explain the circular street surrounding the hub, that directly feeds into the main drag of Main St.?
    - How do you explain Main Street vehicles that travel on this "circular" bit of street?
    - How do you explain Main St. music that filters all around the hub?
    - Not to mention the Main St. Christmas music that also filters into this area?

I would like to see where it is written .... that hub has no connection to Main St. whatsoever.

And if it never was ... then I would it explained why Plaza Pavilion, Plaza Inn, and Carnations Gardens ALL have architecture and theming the exact same as Main Street.
    Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 08-20-2011 at 04:55 PM.

As for the timeline for this project... A small hint is that on the Official dineyland Facebook it mentioned that it would be guests first chance to meet Merida, the princess from the new Pixar film Brave... This could mean that this experience could debut as early as next summer as the film is due out in theaters June 22nd 2012... So this could be part of new summer offerings next year?

• Carbon based

Where was the house of the future located? I believe that was done in Walt's day but I never saw it/first came to Disneyland after it was removed. Was it in the hub or more clearly in Tomorrowland?

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by TreoFred View Post
    Where was the house of the future located? I believe that was done in Walt's day but I never saw it/first came to Disneyland after it was removed. Was it in the hub or more clearly in Tomorrowland?
    It was in the Hub more clearly, roughly where Pixie Hollow gardens are...bordering the street with pathways around it.

• Artistic integrity

I have not read through all the comments/posts yet ... but even in Walt's time ... the hub has always been a funky zone of sorts. While the vast majority of the hub IS MAIN STREET ... (don't care what anyone says .. the fact is .. it has been) ... but then you look to the past ... when House of the Future spilled into the hub zone. And Snow White's grotto ... though part of the castle grounds ... semi fits into what's suppose to be a "neutral" zone.

Clearly in the beginning ..... the lands did not technically begin .. till you walked through the actual entrance.

But by 1957 ... there was the House of the Future ... then in 1961 the S.W. Grotto.

Lately ... Tinker Bell has taken up residence - clearly a "Fantasyland" extension. Now .. opposite Tink ... will be the latest Fantasyland extension.

• Banned User

The POINT is that this IS happening (whether people like it or not), the area IS Fantasyland, (whether people like it or not) and since they're keeping the dancing at night and we're getting the theatre back, everyone wins. Except of course those us who will still have to hear people complain about the theming incessantly. Also keep in mind that Disney is allowed to redistrict and expand a land if they so choose. Can we have ONE bit of news without the theming police ( who are, to be fair, right on occasion) calling foul?? Where's the celebration of Disney on Micechat that brought us all here to begin with??

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    Also keep in mind that Disney is allowed to redistrict and expand a land if they so choose.
    OH .. not to mention ... Astro Orbitor sits outside the entrance to Tomorrowland ... and is part "Hub"land.

And as history does show ... lands do "redistrict" "expand" and "retract" .... as things have come and gone. And will continue to come and go .... as time goes by.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    - Then how do you explain the Plaza Inn?
    - How do you explain Plaza Pavilion?
    - How do you explain Carnation Gardens?
    - How do you explain the street surrounding the hub?
    - How do you explain Main Street vehicles that travel on this street?
    - How do you explain Main St. music that filters all around the hub?
    - Not to mention the Main St. Christmas music that also filters into this area?

I would like to see where it is written .... that hub has no connection to Main St. whatsoever.

And if it never was ... then I would it explained why Plaza Pavilion, Plaza Inn, and Carnations Gardens ALL have architecture and theming the exact same as Main Street.
    Every land (original 5) can be seen from the hub. You can see astro orbiter for tomorrowland. you can clearly see Tiki room for Adventureland. You can see the fort theming and the ROA for Frontierland, and you can see the Castle, the carousel (through the castle), snow white's grotto, Pixie Hollow, and the Matterhorn for Fantasyland. I consider the edges of Main Street to be like this:

Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Banned User

Actually, the Orbitor is past the Tomorrowland sign, so no, it is not outside the land. To be fair.

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    Actually, the Orbitor is past the Tomorrowland sign, so no, it is not outside the land. To be fair.
    Only because they "conveniently" moved it in the 1998 overhaul.

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Lands can extend out further than where they originally were built. It's like a house renovation. Sometimes a home owner wants their dining room to be bigger, so they extend it out a bit into the backyard. I see this as no different than that. Especially considering CG has been considered Fantasyland by Disney via their park maps for years. Regardless what people on MiceChat want to think, if Disney allocates a section of their park to a certain land, it is then part of said land, no exception. It is their park, their property. It is their right to say which land an area or pad is part of. Not ours.

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast