Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Re: New Fantasy Faire Experience coming to Disneyland!

Princess Fantasy Faire will be closing and replaced, this is going to be the new princess area.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Future Cast Member

I know, that's why I wish this would be going to Princess Fantasy Faire isntead. The theming would fit that area, and then the wonderful Carnation Plaza wouldn't be going.

• Banned User

It's blasphemous. BLASPHEMOUS. I rarely get upset over Disney decisions, but this is just pathetic.

I can't believe "the boundaries of Fantasyland are expanding" in a way that totally detracts from the castle. I always believed the castle was the main point of entry to Fantasyland, an icon that delivered you into another world once you passed under it. Now, that feeling of excitement, of what is on the other side, is destroyed. There's no mystery or fantasy to Fantasyland when it's in your face like that.

Legends performed on that stage - Louis Armstrong, Eartha Kitt, Artie Shaw - and now we'll get some crappy Tangled tie-in. I'm not the type of Disneyphile that wants everything to remain exactly the same. I totally welcome and understand improvements and changes, but this is just wrong. They should definitely do something with the area, but this doesn't sit well with me at all.

---------- Post added 08-19-2011 at 07:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ChessurInWonderland View Post
    I know, that's why I wish this would be going to Princess Fantasy Faire isntead. The theming would fit that area, and then the wonderful Carnation Plaza wouldn't be going.
    This. Why wouldn't they put it there, where it makes sense? (I can probably answer my own question: visibility = sales.)
    Last edited by brenden; 08-19-2011 at 06:07 PM.

Blog Entries

You havent even seen how the transition will be yet.. for all we know they may have castle walls and an archway as the entrance to this area, making it all blend in.. You really need to calm down until more information is released.

Not too mention that area is rarely used during the day, this will be a much better use of space.

~

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Analyst View Post
    You havent even seen how the transition will be yet.. for all we know they may have castle walls and an archway as the entrance to this area, making it all blend in.. You really need to calm down until more information is released.

Not too mention that area is rarely used during the day, this will be a much better use of space.
    It doesn't really matter how well they blend it in when it's not a good fit to begin with.

I don't know if this is cruel irony or what, but I'm usually the first to laugh at preemptive overreactions here. I'm all for "wait until the final product before judging" but this is different, for some reason.
    Last edited by RegionsBeyond; 08-20-2011 at 05:48 AM.

• -

Looks like the Marry Poppins bakery was just the tip of the iceberg. It now seems that Disney will not rest until they totally destroy Main Street by diluting the theme into non-existence.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Blog Entries

I really don't see the issue.. the area is already tucked away and hidden in a corner.. I really don't think it will affect anything..

~

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Looks like the Marry Poppins bakery was just the tip of the iceberg. It now seems that Disney will not rest until they totally destroy Main Street by diluting the theme into non-existence.
    I do hope Main Street does away with those paper weights they call credit card machines. They truly do detract from the theme of the land.

Whoopty doo for the Fantasyland Theater but it just scares the crap out of me when they say that their replacing an attraction on Main Street for this. I hope they find a way to make it work.

I think Mary Poppins fits perfectly...
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Minion

When are they ever going to get it? Princesses live in castles.

• Minion

Look, I performed on that stage too, many times, and I know it's swinging on the weekend, but the fact is, during the weekdays, there's NOBODY there. When there are groups performing, it's all of the kid's parents and a few stragglers. Once they took the food out, almost nobody goes back there. I'm thrilled to have the Fantasyland theater back, and to have a princess M&G where you actually DO something.

I too am not a fan of gender-specific areas, but the princesses are inescapable. Though what I'd really like to see in addition is Tom Sawyer's island be MASSIVELY pirate-themed, like the above princess spread, but for pirates (boys, and girls too).

And I'm not worried about the Main Street theming all the way past both the Adventureland and Frontierland gates. I'm not a purist like that.

Do you think they will close the tangled meet and greet??

Disney Love from HOUSTON TEXAS!!
    GO TEXANS!!

• Hello Dolly.

Meeh. Not really happy or excited for this one. Oh well. Sad about the Carnations Plaza laving too =/

• Future Imagineer! =D

They plan on making it look like that? Good luck, Disney... This should be interesting
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

• Minion

So what will they do with the area where PFF is now?

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast