Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1118192021222324 ... LastLast

• Disney is home

Re: New Fantasy Faire Experience coming to Disneyland!

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    Oh .. you shouldn't have to apologize .. they are nice pictures. Thank you for sharing. Very nice.

While Meet & Greets .. and Princess Fantasy Faires may get a few more people than expected. I think the 900+ seated theater ... can command far more ... as a stage presentation.

And .. again .. while it's not confirmed yet ..... I'm glad the rumor mill is showing signs that large scale productions are nearly back.

Because I'll certainly be there ... and I'm sure a few more thousand will be behind me (throughout the day).
    I agree in that it's great to see that a stage show will be returning and I do prefer to have a stage show at the Fantasyland Theatre.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    I'll definitely be there. So glad it's coming back. And I'll pay a visit to the princesses as well. Tis possible that in the evening it can be a quiet place as well. Once the princess shows are done but before the Fireworks and such.

And the pics were very nice indeed.
    Do you think there's any chance they would put something in that could make it possible for Ariel to be a Mermaid again in this area? If Rapunzel will still have her gorgeous tower, I'd love to see Ariel as a mermaid again
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

Quote Originally Posted by Donald1980 View Post
    This isn't necessarily an expansion. It is in that this not a makeover but some heavy construction will be done but Disney is simply moving something from one area to another area. The space at the Fantasyland Theatre is way to big for PFF and it's wasted space. Now with it moving, Disney has a better chance to use the theatre to it's full potential.
    They are expanding Fantasyland. I don't even think that's in dispute.

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    Do you think there's any chance they would put something in that could make it possible for Ariel to be a Mermaid again in this area? If Rapunzel will still have her gorgeous tower, I'd love to see Ariel as a mermaid again
    You can see her that way at her attraction.
    "In many ways, the work of a critic is easy. We risk very little yet enjoy a position over those who offer up their work and their selves to our judgment. We thrive on negative criticism, which is fun to write and to read. But the bitter truth we critics must face, is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. But there are times when a critic truly risks something, and that is in the discovery and defense of the new. The world is often unkind to new talent, new creations, the new needs friends." - Anton Ego

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by TodAZ1 View Post
    They are expanding Fantasyland. I don't even think that's in dispute.
    Little Mermaid ride replaces 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea
    A Meet and Greet replaces Snow White's Scary Adventures
    Snow White's Scary Adventures is traded out for Dwarfs Coaster
    Toontown is traded out for a "Dumbo Circus" area with twin Dumbos

Tink area is off. Area will probably be walled off .. or just landscaped .. till the day they finally get around to doing something with the area.

The only thing that could be considered an "expansion" is the Beauty and the Beast restaurant.

On a separate note ... we love that word "expansion" don't we?

Even it means something that is REPLACING, RECYCLING another element, or section once used before..... we still call it an expansion.

One of those silly little things we do.

• Minion

Little Mermaid ride replaces 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea
    A Meet and Greet replaces Snow White's Scary Adventures
    Snow White's Scary Adventures is traded out for Dwarfs Coaster
    Toontown is traded out for a "Dumbo Circus" area with twin Dumbos

Tink area is off. Area will probably be walled off .. or just landscaped .. till the day they finally get around to doing something with the area.

The only thing that could be considered an "expansion" is the Beauty and the Beast restaurant.

On a separate note ... we love that word "expansion" don't we?

Even it means something that is REPLACING, RECYCLING another element, or section once used before..... we still call it an expansion.

One of those silly little things we do.
    I'm pretty sure he was talking about DLR Fantasyland, not the MK Fantasyland
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• "I don't like the color"

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    It has already been stated that just because things in the past have broken theme and are begging to be removed, is not justification for more thematic violations. Such justification is the start of the slippery slope that I was alluding to in other posts that can only end with the loss of all theming rules in the park.
    Totally agree.

---------- Post added 08-22-2011 at 03:27 AM ----------

That's only if they were to re-open the Skyway. The quote you responded to said using the Skyway footprint. One would tend to think that if they used this area, they would get rid of the old Skyway building (which is also empty 100% of the time) and make the PFF/princess M&G ground level.
    What's interesting about this idea is that they could extend the "wall" of SBC further around Fantasyland by moving the PFF re-imagining there, further delineating the line between Frontierland and Fantasyland. The "wall" would have Snow White, Pinocchio, shops, restaurants and the PFF all with the castle theme.

Eh, just a thought........
    As the author of said quote that is exactly what I was thinking about the Skyway footprint
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    I'm pretty sure he was talking about DLR Fantasyland, not the MK Fantasyland
    Yes I was.
    "In many ways, the work of a critic is easy. We risk very little yet enjoy a position over those who offer up their work and their selves to our judgment. We thrive on negative criticism, which is fun to write and to read. But the bitter truth we critics must face, is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. But there are times when a critic truly risks something, and that is in the discovery and defense of the new. The world is often unkind to new talent, new creations, the new needs friends." - Anton Ego

• DLR Cast Member

Pretty much the same happened with Tahitian Terrace to Children's story telling with Jasmine and Aladdin.

Once ... there was a restaurant with a full luau show .. that entertained men, women, girls, boys. Young, and Old alike. Then the facility catered primarily to children.
    The Taitian Terrace didn't close because they wahted to replace it with a kid-specific show. It closed because it was no longer popular. Aladdin's Oasis was also quite popualr when it first opened, but it lost popularity over time as well. These things happen. Offerings and audiences evolve. There's no exact science to it.
    Last edited by RiversOfAmerica; 08-22-2011 at 07:12 AM.

• Minion

ORDDU: My sisters and I think an area set aside for a princess meet and greet is a wonderful idea. The location they've picked for it could really work well since it's close to Sleeping Beauty's Castle.

ORWEN: It's for sure a better idea than trying to shoehorn any of the Marvel characters into Disneyland for a meet and greet. Just like the Mary Poppins bakery, this is another good idea they've come up with recently.

• I'm not really here

You can see her that way at her attraction.
    Not what he meant, and I'm pretty sure you know that.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• 2 shots on the rocks.

I'm getting so sick of all this character crap being shoehorned into every nook and cranny of Disneyland. Getting to a point where Disney is alienating a good portion of it's audience.
    I will willingly spend my cash elsewhere if this trend continues.
    What is next? A Pocahontas themed area spilling out in front of Frontierland? Teepees in the hub?

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RiversOfAmerica View Post
    The Taitian Terrace didn't close because they wahted to replace it with a kid-specific show. It closed because it was no longer popular. Aladdin's Oasis was also quite popualr when it first opened, but it lost popularity over time as well. These things happen. Offerings and audiences evolve. There's no exact science to it.
    Also Aladdin died out cause it stop doing the dinning too........its not that they went for the kids but its cause they cheaped out on it and then it died

• 2 shots on the rocks.

Maybe some Jungle Book could set up shop out front of Adventureland?

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^dont forget Wall-E's new Meet and greet taking over the restaurant on the opposite side of Mary Poppins

• DLR Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by doppio View Post
    Maybe some Jungle Book could set up shop out front of Adventureland?
    You just described pretty much how the Tiki Room got its location.

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1118192021222324 ... LastLast