Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1421222324252627 LastLast

• DLR Cast Member

Re: New Fantasy Faire Experience coming to Disneyland!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Nope. Not buying it, RoA.
    I don't expect you to be objective or factual, which is your right. Nevertheless, it's an objective fact (not opinion, not spin, not marketing) that the Tahitian Terrace closed because of a drop in popularity. Your disagreement with that in facvor of something more scathing of the "company" or preferring to dismiss my comments because I'm a cast member, doesn't change the facts. And I'm as much an opponent of the Pressler/Harris era as the next person. In fact, my wife worked at the parks during that era, and she often commented how her role was in some ways a living hell because of them (Cynthia Harris especially).

• Senior Minion

Edited my original post to add that the primary target of the "closed because it isn't popular" line was -- and is -- Disneyland's employees.

The number of Disney employees and fans who continue to believe Disney management's self-serving rewrite of the Pressler years is astonishing.

Then again, knowing how Disney controls the message, not so astonishing.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Minion

Edited my original post to add that the primary target of the "closed because it isn't popular" line was -- and is -- Disneyland's employees.

The number of Disney employees and fans who continue to believe Disney management's self-serving rewrite of the Pressler years is astonishing.

Then again, knowing how Disney controls the message, not so astonishing.
    There is such a thing as CMs working and seeing things for themselves or do you consider them all to be mindless drones?

---------- Post added 08-22-2011 at 03:53 PM ----------

and a little birdie on twitter is saying the maypole for the expansion is formally known as Gaston's Maypole
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• DLR Cast Member

Ahh, yes, the old "you're a cast member, therefore, you're biased" mantra. That's nothing more than an easy way to dismiss information when it doesn't concur with one's own presuppositions, based solely on whether a person is a CM or not. Being a CM, I always take the extra effort to make sure my posts aren't biased in favor of my employer (which is quite evident, given that I often post criticisms of my employer here), so the one thing I can never be accused of is Disney-slanted bias. Not only is such an accusation inaccurate, it's insulting.

• Gooseberries and Apples

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    ---------- Post added 08-22-2011 at 03:53 PM ----------

and a little birdie on twitter is saying the maypole for the expansion is formally known as Gaston's Maypole
    I really hope that means male characters will be included at the meet and greet.

Look at Google Earth or Bing Maps....... there's plenty of room in the Plaza Gardens area to build the village, theme it to FL and yet still have it screened off from the Hub/Plaza.....

Maybe a re-themed bridge set at a different angle than the present bridge and a few more trees (maybe even a berm) would help shield the new PFF from Main St./Plaza/Hub......

I think it can be done without ruining the theme, executed well, it would be hardly noticeable - it doesn't need a sign like Adventureland or Frontierland, or a Castle for an entrance, just a bridge, over a stream, leading into "the woods", finally reaching the "village"...... Plaza Gardens is actually a pretty good-sized chunk of land, in the middle of the park, that has been underutilized for years......

But then again, I could see the swing dancing moved over to HPB as well - I do love sitting at PG in the evenings, listening to swing, watching the dancers......

But if moving PFF to PG means there's more land for expansion when you combine the PFF/Circle D/BTM Ranch areas - I'm all for it......

So long as they "hide" the PFF from the Hub/Plaza - I'm OK w/ it........

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Evening Star View Post
    I really hope that means male characters will be included at the meet and greet.
    Maybe they will include some testosterone in this out of theme location. At least that would mean that there are characters that boys may want to meet also.

I for one will wait until we hear something from an official source and not some unsubstanciated Twitter rumor from an anonymous source with questionable credibility.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Disney is home

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    At least that would mean that there are characters that boys may want to meet also.
    Boys like to meet female characters too. You can't say male characters are the characters that boys want to see. Weren't you just recently criticizing someone for labeling? Stereotyping is just as bad.

• Minion

Maybe they will include some testosterone in this out of theme location. At least that would mean that there are characters that boys may want to meet also.

I for one will wait until we hear something from an official source and not some unsubstanciated Twitter rumor from an anonymous source with questionable credibility.
    It wasn't who you think it was that posted it, it wasn't ummmm, it was a WDW based account
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• I'm not really here

At least that would mean that there are characters that boys may want to meet also.
    Speaking as a male member of the species I would prefer to meet a Princess over a Prince any day of the week. Eric is cool and all, but given the choice, I'm standing in line for Ariel. As awesome as Aladdin is, I'd rather talk to Jasmine. Prince Adam is cool for sharing my name and and all, but if Belle is there, I'm hanging out with her.

Boys like female characters too. Boys of any age can and do enjoy meeting the princesses in the same way that girls of any age enjoy meeting the male characters, or being in Jedi Training Academy. Why this continued insistence that there is no possible way any guy on Earth could possibly enjoy this area without a presence from male characters is, quite frankly, baffling to me.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Maybe they will include some testosterone in this out of theme location. At least that would mean that there are characters that boys may want to meet also. I for one will wait until we hear something from an official source and not some unsubstanciated Twitter rumor from an anonymous source with questionable credibility.
    I didn't mean to suggest that it was true.

Mainly that it would be neat if it were. All of my verve against changes was exhausted a long while ago.

• Banned User

Nope. Not buying it, RoA. I was there at that time too, many times, and know plenty of Anaheim insiders who were also, and I followed closely the progress of Pre$$ler's cutback program at the time from the Burbank side.
    Care to disclose your connection with the company, its nature, and when and why it ceased then? If not, then we can all only take your words as seriously as any other random person citing things with no evidence or proof: with an Indiana Jones Boulder sized grain of salt. It helps to know when somebody is an employee, sure, but it also helps to know if they are a disgruntled ex-employee, for example

Or if they have no first-hand experience with modern Disney as they openly boycott the parks and thus their opinion is formed from a negative echo-chamber on the internet, for that matter. You never know .

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Speaking as a male member of the species I would prefer to meet a Princess over a Prince any day of the week. Eric is cool and all, but given the choice, I'm standing in line for Ariel. As awesome as Aladdin is, I'd rather talk to Jasmine. Prince Adam is cool for sharing my name and and all, but if Belle is there, I'm hanging out with her.

Boys like female characters too. Boys of any age can and do enjoy meeting the princesses in the same way that girls of any age enjoy meeting the male characters, or being in Jedi Training Academy. Why this continued insistence that there is no possible way any guy on Earth could possibly enjoy this area without a presence from male characters is, quite frankly, baffling to me.
    As a woman I was just hoping to see more male characters out and about like Gaston, Naveen, or Flynn.

The male presence is not needed to cater to boys specifically, but the option would be nice to be able to see lesser seen characters.

• Minion

Oh and todays Dateline Disneyland has images we need in this thread:

this is the same angle as this concept art:

And these pictures prove that no one ever goes over here during peak hours:

and

and

and

and finally

Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Evening Star View Post
    As a woman I was just hoping to see more male characters out and about like Gaston, Naveen, or Flynn.

The male presence is not needed to cater to boys specifically, but the option would be nice to be able to see lesser seen characters.
    I agree fully. I would love to see the male characters from these films out and about. They never are. Would be cool to see the couples together. I was just making the point that male characters are not necessary to interest the boys. Though some will be drawn to Gaston, or Beast over Belle, others will be drawn to Belle over the male characters. But that applies to both genders.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter