Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 162324252627 LastLast

• -

Re: New Fantasy Faire Experience coming to Disneyland!

Quote Originally Posted by TodAZ1 View Post
    How many of you would like PFF to be hidden behind bushes/trees/etc. And if so, why?
    This way they can hide in the bushes and stalk the princesses.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Disney is home

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    And what about a certain facility in Adventureland .. that remains shuttered?
    That area actually is very popular for cast/private events and gets used quite often, just not for the guests. But I do think they do need to bring something back, I would love the Tahitian Terrace to be back. Also, before you have to say it, they do need to bring something back that the guests can enjoy.

• Minion

And what about a certain facility in Adventureland .. that remains shuttered?
    I think there is hope for something to go in there because of the new Jolly Holiday Bakery, they do share a kitchen so we might see something announced in the next year or so
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Disney is home

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    I think there is hope for something to go in there because of the new Jolly Holiday Bakery, they do share a kitchen so we might see something announced in the next year or so
    The kitchen has already been redone. They redid it before the New Orleans Main Kitchen went down so they could use it during the refurb.

• Banned User

You know, one thing in this debate I don't get is the people that get angry anytime a character themed meet and greet/attraction/etc gets added. I mean, do you like Disney stuff OUTSIDE of Disneyland? Some sound like they don't very much, if they get sick of characters in the park. As it stands, the current use for the area is basically swing dancing at night... and that's it. The majority of the day, it's empty. All this does is make use of the area for the rest of the day.. and will keep the stage and dancing. Also... how many of the people up in arms about this even go dancing there anyway? I feel like it has to be a bit of a minority. There has been talk about areas being used towards a minority of guests (princesses, etc). I'm pretty sure swing dancers is a pretty small guest minority to have an entire area dedicated to them and end up largely unused the rest of the day. Will the swing dancing clash with the new area? Yes... but if you actually go there for the dancing, what should it matter. The dancing is the attraction, not the stage you dance on. They managed to make Hollywood Backlot turn into ElecTRONica at night, and that got rave reviews. I honestly think some are just on a kick where they resist change, mainly because Uncle Walt made it one way, and should never be different. As if a quaint village will be some horrific eyesore in the park.

• Artistic integrity

Instead of hitting "reply with quote" to that huge spread of pictures ... that was a good representation to show how much the area is a shadow of it's former self.

When they had counter service ........ It was lively .. and a place to go to.

When they took all that out (at the same time they did Zo Cal ... whatever ..in Frontierland, sorry ) ..... this area became dead.

Then I would occasionally go there ... to rest for a few minutes. Or .. if I had a drink, or snack .. it was nice to sit down for a while.

But those pictures show they really killed off the area when they removed the restaurant part out.

As the bandstand cover is really a beautiful piece of "Main St." ... I hope they don't destroy it .... but gently take it a part ..and donate it .. or sell it to someone ...

Take Rogers Gardens for instance in Newport Beach.

I believe they have a gazebo of Disneyland's.

I'd like to see a similar situation where this piece of "Disneyland" lives on. As it has been a fixture for so long .. dating right back to Walt's time.

And to RiversofAmerica poster ..... only after the fact I wrote my response ... I see your other posts about being there at the time too. So ... please note that.

And Flynibus ... Thanks for that huge response. At the end of the day, though, The Good News .... ... Princesses are moving out!! And into a smaller venue ... and the theater is ripe for renewal .. and most likely back to stage shows. Good news as far as I'm concerned! And I see the Princess thing .. and Meet and Greets in general were sort of run into ONE discussion. Two seperate stories. It makes it sound as though ... What's wrong with people ... "All people of all demographs should be happy and like doing the princess thing .. no matter your age." LOL ... Two totally different discussions. Meet and Greets .. One ..... the Princess Fantasy Faire .... another.

---------- Post added 08-22-2011 at 06:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Donald1980 View Post
    That area actually is very popular for cast/private events and gets used quite often, just not for the guests. But I do think they do need to bring something back, I would love the Tahitian Terrace to be back. Also, before you have to say it, they do need to bring something back that the guests can enjoy.
    Yeah ... just as the Festival of Fools is "very popular for cast/private events" ... Just as the abandoned top floor of the Starcade is popular for backstage use. Just as the America Sings top floor was very popular for backstage offices. See where I'm going with this?

Seems easy for management to shutter parts of Disneyland ... and then management CLAIM the area for themselves .. like THE PRECIOUS ... IT CAME TO ME!! But eventually .... what was once part an area deemed for guest (whether a ride, restaurant, whatever) eventually needs to go back to a place to serve guests. Disneyland needs every nook and crannie they can find for guests. It's not a large park with grand spaces like WDW.

But like you said ... it will be nice Tahitian Terrace/Aladdin's Oasis is once again open for Disneyland guest to enjoy.
    Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 08-22-2011 at 05:15 PM.

• Pilot EdForceOne

And I see the Princess thing .. and Meet and Greets in general were sort of run into ONE discussion. Two seperate stories. It makes it sound as though ... What's wrong with people ... "All people of all demographs should be happy and like doing the princess thing .. no matter your age." LOL ... Two totally different discussions. Meet and Greets .. One ..... the Princess Fantasy Faire .... another.
    The PFF is effectively just a M&G... no need to separate the concepts.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Artistic integrity

Oh .. okay ...

so the same teens mentioned in earlier posts .. can go over .. and get the Prince/Princess makeover.

Splendid!

I'll tell that to 20-somethings as well ... and to 30-somethings ... etc .... all the way to old people like age 80 should go and get a princess/prince makeover!

Putting my sarcasm aside .........

There are inherently different.

The Princess/Prince thing at the Fantasyland Theatre IS geared for CHILDREN. It's not an attraction meant for all ages, like a general Meet & Greet is.

Can I say - DUH? lol
    Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 08-22-2011 at 05:45 PM.

• Minion

Oh .. okay ...

so the same teens mentioned in earlier posts .. can go over .. and get the Prince/Princess makeover.

Splendid!

I'll tell that to 20-somethings as well ... and to 30-somethings ... etc .... all the way to old people like age 80 should go and get a princess/prince makeover!
    I'm fairly certain that it is offered for all ages but don't tell my mom because she'd be first in line
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Artistic integrity

oh .. you can't be serious!

give me a break ... Now ... So ... The Princess Fantasy Faire is ... after all .... for a 45 year old man, and a woman ... just as it is for 4 or 5 year old girl and boy.

Some how ... I really don't think you're going to find a 35 year old man .. or a 62 year old woman ... or an 18 year old guy in there.

really !!!!!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added 08-22-2011 at 06:52 PM ----------

We can have our fun "justifications" from one poster to the next ...

none of it matters to me.

Fact is .... they are all moving out! Good bye ... Good ridance!

Hello ..... Fantasyland Theatre

• Minion

oh .. you can't be serious!

give me a break ... Now ... So ... The Princess Fantasy Faire is ... after all .... for a 45 year old man, and a woman ... just as it is for 4 or 5 year old girl and boy.

Some how ... I really don't think you're going to find a 35 year old man .. or a 62 year old woman ... or an 18 year old guy in there.

really !!!!!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added 08-22-2011 at 06:52 PM ----------

We can have our fun "justifications" from one poster to the next ...

none of it matters to me.

Fact is .... they are all moving out! Good bye ... Good ridance!

Hello ..... Fantasyland Theatre
    Are you forgetting that the makeovers are actually in the bibbidi bobbidi boutique (in the castle). The PFF/Fantasy Faire is literally just meet and greets, merchandise, and the occasional small show
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Pilot EdForceOne

Oh .. okay ...

Splendid!

Putting my sarcasm aside .........

There are inherently different.

The Princess/Prince thing at the Fantasyland Theatre IS geared for CHILDREN. It's not an attraction meant for all ages, like a general Meet & Greet is.

Can I say - DUH? lol
    it's becoming increasingly difficult to even follow what you are saying. but it sounds like you are confusing the PFF with the Biddi Biddi Boutique.

The PFF is a short intro stage show with M&Gs with rotating princesses
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• "I don't like the color"

Quote Originally Posted by RiversOfAmerica View Post
    I don't expect you to be objective or factual, which is your right. Nevertheless, it's an objective fact (not opinion, not spin, not marketing) that the Tahitian Terrace closed because of a drop in popularity. Your disagreement with that in facvor of something more scathing of the "company" or preferring to dismiss my comments because I'm a cast member, doesn't change the facts. And I'm as much an opponent of the Pressler/Harris era as the next person. In fact, my wife worked at the parks during that era, and she often commented how her role was in some ways a living hell because of them (Cynthia Harris especially).
    I was there as well maybe 3 to 4 times a week, had a AP when they were affordable, and the Tahitian Terrace was ALWAYS crowded right up until it closed.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    I was there as well maybe 3 to 4 times a week, had a AP when they were affordable, and the Tahitian Terrace was ALWAYS crowded right up until it closed.
    Wasn't it seasonal though?
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• -

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    Oh, perfect. Maybe we can have the Chim Chimeny cafe in adventureland, too. As long as it has a thatched roof, it will fit the theme, right?
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 162324252627 LastLast