Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: New Fantasy Faire Experience coming to Disneyland!

haha So is Disneyland a theme park now? Guess not if Princesses and British people are on the street

• When Will It Return?

Take two things that exist in Fantasyland - Tangled tower and Princess Fantasy Fair - and move them beyond the castle walls into some form of "Fantasyland" that exists between Adventureland, Frontierland, and Main Street USA where Fantasyland & princesses were never once meant to exist.

Sounds like a superb idea to me!

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• Future Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Analyst View Post
    You havent even seen how the transition will be yet.. for all we know they may have castle walls and an archway as the entrance to this area, making it all blend in.. You really need to calm down until more information is released.

Not too mention that area is rarely used during the day, this will be a much better use of space.
    That would be nice, I admit, and I would love it if this was going into a space that was plain and unused, but it just makes me sad because Carnation Plaza is like a little piece of history of the park going away. It'd be almost as bad as taking out the castle and replacing it with some other one for me. Sure, a new attraction might be "better" in regards to points mentioned, but it doesn't ease the pain of losing the old one

• Closed Account

I hope this means that horrendous "Tangled Tower" in Pinocchio Village will go and Geprettos can reopen as something. NOT happy that the "Fantasyland borders are expanding". Maybe they are going to retheme the Frontierland transition area buildings?

• Nor Cal AP'er

Looking at the pics "The Festival of Fools" came to mind...that would be cool!
    I am a Annual Pass Holder and I'm better than you! lol!

Honestly, I don't think they are demolishing anything in Carnations Plaza. It seems like they'll just be redressing or changing the facades, not the structures. Based off the concept art it looks like they'll just be dressing up the stage and adding some nicer seating inside.

At least this gives the area some daytime use! I just hope they do something with the Fantasyland Theater now!

Today, I feel like driving through a cursed temple, taking a tour of a haunted antebellum mansion, plunging down a waterfall in a hollowed-out log, bobsledding down a famous swiss mountain, traveling through the darkest recesses of space, and watching fireworks explode over a fantastical castle.

Yeah, that sounds fun.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ChessurInWonderland View Post
    That would be nice, I admit, and I would love it if this was going into a space that was plain and unused, but it just makes me sad because Carnation Plaza is like a little piece of history of the park going away. It'd be almost as bad as taking out the castle and replacing it with some other one for me. Sure, a new attraction might be "better" in regards to points mentioned, but it doesn't ease the pain of losing the old one
    If we looked at everything that way Disneyland could never change though, and honestly as it quite clearly states on the blog post THE MUSIC IS STILL GOING TO BE THERE, just not in an un-themed, un-attended tent, not something actually cool. I walked through there on a regular day and there was literally 1 person there besides me, and it was my mom, and I hate t break it to all of you, but Fantasyland already went beyond its borders with the addition of Ariel's meet and greet in the 90s, which is now Pixie Hollow. How can we ever expect the Imagineers to WANT to do something, if we keep shouting "no, this is old, don't touch it". Progress means moving forward. Now if they were taking out something like the Matterhorn to put this in its place, I would be right there with you, but as it stands the carnation gardens are not used to their fullest potential, this will keep what is there now (content), put it in a new setting, and get people to actually go over there during the day, as well as free up the HUGE theatre space to be used for anything from a new show, to a new land.

---------- Post added 08-19-2011 at 09:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Drewfilmboy View Post
    Honestly, I don't think they are demolishing anything in Carnations Plaza. It seems like they'll just be redressing or changing the facades, not the structures. Based off the concept art it looks like they'll just be dressing up the stage and adding some nicer seating inside.

At least this gives the area some daytime use! I just hope they do something with the Fantasyland Theater now!
    They will do something, we don't know what yet, but this has to happen first in order for something else to move in
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

Quote Originally Posted by ChessurInWonderland View Post
    I don't see how we are losing anything other than empty space and some western-style facades. The stage will still be there as well as the musical performances, and thats the only thing that this area has had for years.

And for those complaining about Swing music not fitting in a medieval setting: It didn't fit in Main Street either. Swing wasn't developed until the 1930s. But I don't see you complaning about that.

Despite its nostalgic popularity, I never understood why Carnation Gardens was themed to Main Street in the first place. It always seemed to encroach too closely to the castle. The hub is the perfect transition and on the northern side of the hub, we should have bid goodbye to turn of the century America.

(And by the way, you enter the Tiki Room on the "Outside" of Adventureland too!)

• Hello

Boo! This has to be the worst idea I have heard in my lifetime. Terrible. Kill the theme, kill the history, kill the transition. Thank you Imagineers. If they really wanted to get more traffic in that corner, why not add an ice cream stand or something simple that adds to the theme. Tear me apart if you like, but I think it is terrible and hope the people in charge come to their senses before this is sent in action.

Probably because an icecream stand off the beaten path wouldn't do very good, and the fact that there are 4 places to get ice cream nearby (2 on Main Street, Tiki, and Golden Horseshoe) And so much for thinking the world is ending when all we know about this is what we can infer from a couple paragraphs of text and three pieces of concept art.

Honestly, is it really that hard to just wait and see what its like, instead of thinking the worst less than 24 hours after the announcement was made? I mean, usually that's not the best option, and there's really no point in thinking negatively when we really have no idea what its about. Why not just have fun and see how it turns how? If it turns out to be the worst thing ever added to a Disney park EVER then you can complain about every little detail right down to how badly themed it is, or how the lamp posts are one shade off on their green paint...

So when will this be completed? Summer 2012???
    DL Trips: '86, '87, '88, '89, '91, '92, '93, '94, '95, '96, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13...

D23 Day 1.....Bob Iger takes a vacation? Regis Philbin? The Princess Fantasy Faire moves a couple hundred yards? ...... Wake me when The Avengers show up.
    Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

• Hello

The problem is, I have no interest in it. I don't want to see how it turns out, because I don't want it to turn out. Why trade a nice calm corner in the park where everyone may relax for yet another meet and greet that is quite obviously geared towards young girls? It really doesn't make sense to me.

So are you determined to be negative and upset about it no matter how good it turns out? That doesn't seem like much fun. There are plenty of other spots in Disneyland that are nice and quiet, and most of them are much better than this.

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast