Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: New Fantasy Faire Experience coming to Disneyland!

Quote Originally Posted by Peoplemover Priit View Post
    The problem is, I have no interest in it. I don't want to see how it turns out, because I don't want it to turn out. Why trade a nice calm corner in the park where everyone may relax for yet another meet and greet that is quite obviously geared towards young girls? It really doesn't make sense to me.
    Because then they can use the MASSIVE theatre for something much better then a meet and greet, be it a show, a ride or 2, or possibly a new sub-land. I am a musician (I was in band 5th-12th grade and Jazz band 7th-12th grade), and I would much rather perform in a stage area themed to a nice European village as opposed to a lame, plain stage.
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

^ Plus, maybe with new life in the area, there will be more people that watch performances than just the parents! It's pretty disheartening when you play on that stage and the only people in sight are the few parents that wanted to drive all the way and pay the money to get in...

• The Prince

It's a great concept but I would have to say they should leave Carnation Plaza alone.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by JCSkipr79 View Post
    I hope this means that horrendous "Tangled Tower" in Pinocchio Village will go and Geprettos can reopen as something. NOT happy that the "Fantasyland borders are expanding". Maybe they are going to retheme the Frontierland transition area buildings?
    You do know that the tower was there long before Tangled came along, don't you? They only just dressed it up with some fake hair extensions. Quite frankly, I think it's one of the best uses for that tower and little shop, a shop that could never retain an identity - might as well let Rapunzel keep her tower there ~

now my question is, why on earth would they want create ANOTHER tower for the Rapster on the other side of the castle???????? And the artitist renderings look rather crappy ~ not impressed with it at all. Looks rather cheap ~ the real thing better be HIGH QUALITY! At least with kicking out PFF out of the old theater, they can finally get some live entertainment shows back in Fantasyland, again!

And I do wonder about those fairly new bridges that are near the stage area - will those bridges have to be redone AGAIN in order to fit in with the intrusion of Fantasyland?

Now, personally, I wouldn't mind a SMALL nicely themed meet and greet area, in that area hidden WAY behind, on that side of the Castle, Something similar to the Snow White fountain on the other front side of the castle. BUT let's not mess with the theme of the bandstand!

You know, the hub area, is getting to be messed up amalgamation, with each of the lands pressing out further and further into the hub -

Remember the hamburger and fries location that used to be located near the this stage area. Then they closed it down and expanded Ranch de Zolcalo closer to the Hub - Fortunately the bandstand area kept the Main Street USA theme, during that transition.

Then of course there was the Little Mermaid garden area, for several years. That Transmogrified into a HUGE area for several Tiny Pixies.

Of course we can't forget the disaster of TL'98, which heaved up Lion King Rocks into the hub area, along with PUSHING ALL OF TL into the hub, with the in your face ugly astro-orbitor. Gone are the slick clean lines and clean look for the future. This was a mistake, and TL entrance NEEDS to be cleaned up and have it's borders pushed back to where it used to be.

And of course the other bit of Main Street News they officially announced was another british invasion, who is NEITHER practical, NOR perfect for USA's Main Street. A store front for her doesn't fit the USA. She and that other little british girl belong on the other side of the castle, with their teacups. (I am glad they will be using this restaurant again, BUT iT NEED TO RETAIN a USA theme)

Keeping on topic, yes, with as much as they are telling and showing us, THEY ARE pushing Fantasyland TOO FAR into the Hub. And really?!!?!?!? BOTH a Fairy meet and greet area AND a Princess Meet and Greet area in the HUB?!?!??!?! Something is just messed up about this overall idea.
    Last edited by Aladdin; 08-19-2011 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
    I love the concept, but I don't like the idea of it being located outside of Fantasyland. If it was themed a bit more to Main Street like carnation plaza, I wouldn't mind it so much.
    That's my basic feelings on it. They did it once with Ariel's Grotto (now Pixie Hallow), and now they're doing it again here. So now we get a chunk of Fantasyland in front of Frontierland. The art looks good, but it's out of place. It's good to see the Fantasyland theatre get freed up, but do we even need a dedicated meet and greet? I always like it better meeting the characters in the streets anyway.
    Last edited by TifaOnACloud; 08-19-2011 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplemoverMatt View Post
    Take two things that exist in Fantasyland - Tangled tower and Princess Fantasy Fair - and move them beyond the castle walls into some form of "Fantasyland" that exists between Adventureland, Frontierland, and Main Street USA where Fantasyland & princesses were never once meant to exist.

Sounds like a superb idea to me!
    Isn't Snow Whites Grotto directly opposite this area? Outside of more recent things like the orbiter and the fairy garden, i'd point out that tikiroom and the house of the future have all had presence in the hub
    "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

• I'm not really here

1st) They are not getting rid of the stage, nor the performances. They are staying. The stage is simply getting redressed. The rest of the area is barren, concrete, hot and pretty much wasted space. They will surround the area with a European village theme, give it a central fountain area. Currently that area is just barren concrete. Super hot during the day and wasted space.

2nd) Do people find Snow White's Grotto blasphemous? It's a Princess, Fantasyland, beyond the castle, intruding into the Main Street/Hub area. Is that breaking theme somehow?

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    Keeping on topic, yes, with as much as they are telling and showing us, THEY ARE pushing Fantasyland TOO FAR into the Hub. And really?!!?!?!? BOTH a Fairy meet and greet area AND a Princess Meet and Greet area in the HUB?!?!??!?! Something is just messed up about this overall idea.
    No, as much as they are telling us, they are NOT pushing Fantasyland too far into the hub, in fact they probably won't be pushing it "into" the hub AT ALL.

The Hub is the circular road and its surrounding sidewalk, NOT the things around it. Unless they are going for drastic competition with the castle (which I HIGHLY doubt!) then this will be no more "in the Hub" then Sleeping Beauty's Castle, Snow White's Wishing Well, or the Enchanted Tiki Room. But truthfully, nothing is IN the hub except for horse-car track, sidewalk, a couple little ODVs and Partners. And if you think the Hub is supposed to be themed to one particular thing, then I think you've missed the entire point of the hub.

• Earth Intruder

Great concept, HORRID location. I hope this project gets de-funded... and so much for theming! Great, now we have fantasyland outside of fantasyland. Brilliant.

Last edited by RegionsBeyond; 08-20-2011 at 05:52 AM. Reason: Intetionally bypassing the language filter is against MiceChat rules., as well as the personal labelling/name-calling
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Actually, I understand Pritt's frustration with all of the nooks and crannies that use to be all around DL. I too, miss those quite little areas that gave you a slight reprieve and escape from the insanely busy area's of DL. They pushed guests out of the Disney Gallery that used to be above Pirates, with it's amazing view over all of the surrounding area, AND its wonderful hidden little out door patio. Then they permanently turned one of the more peaceful places in all of DL, into an extension of a the Pirate shop "Pieces of Eight". And the other New Orleans courtyard area is also invaded by a store during the Christmas season.

The only thing i don't understand is how area with lots of flat cement, is peaceful unless you are referring to the secret bathroom

Now with this Princess invasion of the Hub, THE Secret Bathroom, will undoubtedly become just the opposite, the restroom with the 4 hour line.
    Last edited by RegionsBeyond; 08-20-2011 at 05:52 AM.

• I'm not really here

Time to calm it down folks. We're starting to border on personal attacks here. Let's keep this about the idea, not about the people.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    Actually, I understand Pritt's frustration with all of the nooks and crannies that use to be all around DL. I too, miss those quite little areas that gave you a slight reprieve and escape from the insanely busy area's of DL. They pushed guests out of the Disney Gallery that used to be above Pirates, with it's amazing view over all of the surrounding area, AND its wonder little out door patio. Then they permanently turned one of the more peaceful places in all of DL, into an extension of a the Pirate shop "Pieces of Eight". And the other New Orleans courtyard area is also invaded by a store during the Christmas season.

Now with this Princess invasion of the Hub, THE Secret Bathroom, will undoubtedly become just the opposite, the restroom with the 4 hour line.
    Don't get me wrong, I totally understand the love one has for the quite, out of the way locations at Disneyland. I forget its name, but I absolutely LOVE the little, "hidden" walkway near Splash Mountain. (I think its name is something like Fowler's Landing?)

With that said, the reason I believe Pritt's post is selfish is due to the "I don't care" attitude which exudes from it. The "bigger picture" isn't being looked at fully. By relocating PFF, it will allow the memories of that attraction to still continue, while at the same time allowing more attractions to come in. Thus, creating more memories for children to cherish and remember when they grow older.

Also, from a fiscal standpoint, if I were a financial advisor and were asked for a loan of x-amount to expand Frontierland or Fantasyland, I'd want to ensure all currently available real estate was being used to its fullest potential before allocating massive amounts of cash to push the park's "berm" out even more. (Sorry for the run-on sentence.)

That's my two cents.
    Last edited by Quacky4Donald; 08-19-2011 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Fixing a typo.

Sounds pretty cool, except for the location. It will basically be a part of Main Street, since it will be in front of the Castle. Plus that will cut off a nice short cut passage to Frontierland that exists right now.

I think they should demolish the big stage up by IASW and put it there. Other than that, looks pretty cool. Like our smaller version of the WDW Fantasyland expansion.
    Words any Disney fan and especially Disney employee should live by:

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."
    -Walt Disney

"Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
    -Walt Disney

"I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."
    -Walt Disney

"We did it, Disneyland, in the knowledge that most of the people I talked to thought it would be a financial disaster - closed and forgotten within the first year."
    -Walt Disney

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
    -Walt Disney

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."
    -Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Wow View Post
    I don't see how we are losing anything other than empty space and some western-style facades. The stage will still be there as well as the musical performances, and thats the only thing that this area has had for years.

And for those complaining about Swing music not fitting in a medieval setting: It didn't fit in Main Street either. Swing wasn't developed until the 1930s. But I don't see you complaning about that.
    I agree with this. Seems like they'll be mostly overlaying the stage with a festival of fools type vib probably as tribute to the show in frontierland and then transition to more fairytale designs as the castle is approached in the more secluded areas.

This area has always been an odd mix of frontierlandish elements and mainstreet which is odd because there isn't any other mainstreet building that far inside the hub. Basically its switching from a secondary frontierland transition into a secondary fantasyland transition.
    "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

I agree it may be sad to lose some current elements, but truly we have no idea at this point how it will look from outside...looks like a castle courtyard to me, in concept, and makes sense to try and expand that within new walls somehow. It is not even a glimmer of being built yet, and freeing up more space for potentially new things in Frontierland or a new stage show/expansion pad is only a good thing. The princesses would be moved somewhere, regardless, and the current stage is very much not visible from Main Street really unless you are way forward by Partners/standing in front of it.

Let's try and keep this thread about the potential for ideas or about the space, not making it personal about the members as well....cheers, just my two cents.

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast