Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: New Fantasy Faire Experience coming to Disneyland!

So anyone who actually likes this suddenly works for Disney? I wish I did, then I would actually have a job, I just like seeing the park KEEP MOVING FORWARD.
    Last edited by RegionsBeyond; 08-20-2011 at 05:53 AM.
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by JamesDusenberry View Post
    Sounds pretty cool, except for the location. It will basically be a part of Main Street, since it will be in front of the Castle. Plus that will cut off a nice short cut passage to Frontierland that exists right now.
    Nothing has been said about cutting off the passage to Frontierland. Just themeing the area around the passage.

Also, it will be no more a part of Main Street than the current area is. The current area is cut off by trees and walls. It's a separate area all its own already. It has paths directly linking it to back passages into Frontierland and the castle courtyard and one entrance to the Hub. It doesn't connect to Main Street at all.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

^ Thank you! And its not like you can see the western-style facades that are currently in the area from the hub. Maybe you can, but you would have to be trying really hard to find it. I don't see why this area would be any different.

The concept art of the stage kind of reminds me of that "Festival of Fools" thing for some odd reason. I think it would actually be cheaper just to put the fair in Frontierland in that location then to build a completely new stage. I mean, if we don't care about lands anymore, then any land is fair game. Like the concept, hate the location. they shouldn't free up space by taking something and throwing it into another land.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Earth Intruder

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    So anyone who actually likes this suddenly works for Disney? I wish I did, then I would actually have a job, I just like seeing the park KEEP MOVING FORWARD.
    Actually I was commenting on the "I'm right and you all are idiots" tone of a previous post. There are disney apologists who don't work for disney (and there are people who work for disney that don't agree with everything the company does!).

I'm just amazed that anyone who doesn't think this is a brilliant idea is shot down on this board.
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

Ladies and Gents, Nitpicking is a good thing. If no one nitpicked, things wouldn't be as good as they can be.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Quote Originally Posted by Chernabog View Post
    I'm just amazed that anyone who doesn't think this is a brilliant idea is shot down on this board.
    So people who agree with this don't get shot down either? I honestly just don't see the point of so much hate on a concept when we only have a few paragraphs of text and 3 pictures of what it might be like. To rant on a concept so much when we know of nothing that is 100% finalized and when we dont even know when construction will start just seems silly and pesimistic. I think its better just to be an optimist, thats all

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Chernabog View Post
    Actually I was commenting on the "I'm right and you all are idiots" tone of a previous post. There are disney apologists who don't work for disney (and there are people who work for disney that don't agree with everything the company does!).

And there are people who like the idea and aren't apologists. Let's not forget that category in this. And personally I'd welcome a good healthy debate on the merits of the idea. A back and forth comparison of like things and why they work but this doesn't. But too often debate on this site degenerates to name calling and things about the people.

Just because I like an idea I am not an apologist. Just because someone doesn't I will not shoot them down. But I will debate their ideas on it with my own. I respect their opinions and I would expect the same level of respect back. We may decide we don't agree, and that's cool. We'll still respect each other. Why does it have to be about name calling? Yes, saying someone is an apologist or just doesn't get it is name calling. That's an ad hominem attack.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Minion

I think I actually have a video of this area from less then a year ago... let me find it
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplemoverMatt View Post
    Take two things that exist in Fantasyland - Tangled tower and Princess Fantasy Fair - and move them beyond the castle walls into some form of "Fantasyland" that exists between Adventureland, Frontierland, and Main Street USA where Fantasyland & princesses were never once meant to exist.

Sounds like a superb idea to me!
    "It's a mall world after all."

Quote Originally Posted by Peoplemover Priit View Post
    It really doesn't make dollars and sense cents to me.
    Does that help?
    Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 08-19-2011 at 10:16 PM.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Can they even fit shops in that area? It doesn't look all that big to begin with.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Minion

You can see PART of the tent from here, but you can't see the hub itself, and this angle, is already on the sidewalk.
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Earth Intruder

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    Can they even fit shops in that area? It doesn't look all that big to begin with.
    There used to be an ice cream stand there for a long time, but yeah, it is a smaller space than the current area (which is crowded as all getup). That's another reason why I think this is a bad idea, because of the cluster-you-know-what that will happen right next to the castle.
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Moderator Note: This thread is getting way off track, now, into solely discussing personal attacks or who is 'right' or 'wrong'. Official warning, I am afraid...please keep this about the changes or potential changes, not throwing around labels because someone disagrees with you. This thread will be severely trimmed or locked if the behavior continues without discussion being the central focus, as opposed to ad hominem attacks or labeling people you disagree with.

With all the little pathways through the moat/pond around the castle, I think there's a really big opprotunity to make the area magical, especially at night, and that serves as a good barrier between Main Street

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast