Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: New Fantasy Faire Experience coming to Disneyland!

Quote Originally Posted by BuenaVista28 View Post
    I think its a neat concept but the location is really bad. Why didnt they just put this in the current Fantasyland Theater location instead of ripping out part of Main St? it really makes no sense, that FL theater is nothing more than a princess meet n greet, they could have easily torn that out for this new addition.
    Except that this is a smaller version, which leave the theater for a show, ride, or sub land
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by BuenaVista28 View Post
    I think its a neat concept but the location is really bad. Why didnt they just put this in the current Fantasyland Theater location instead of ripping out part of Main St? it really makes no sense, that FL theater is nothing more than a princess meet n greet, they could have easily torn that out for this new addition.
    More than likely because they want to put something into the theater that actually uses it as a theater. Either that or they have plans to completely demolish it and put a decent sized attraction in its place. In either event, the Princess Fantasy Faire has to vacate. Given the amount of $$$ it generates thanks to parents, they don't want to get rid of the PFF either. SO where can it go? Well, there are issues with the Motorboat area and the iasw mall, mostly size and overhead clearances. There's the Plaza Pavillions. Not really used a lot, has no theme at all, is more or less hidden and only heavily trafficed as a shortcut during parades/fireworks/fantasmic. Ok, so what can we do? Well, there's a castle right there, most castles had villages around them. Ok, let's create a small village square to match the theme of the castle courtyard area and move the show there. We can keep the stage and just retheme it so that we don't lose the ability to have the swing dancing that is actually pretty popular and a historic part of the park.

Pretty sure that's how the thinking went on this. Or very close to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit View Post
    So I will ask this again, anyone have an idea time frame wise on when this will be completed? Was it said by next summer or is this a 2013 finish? I would assume that the swing dancing would relocate for a bit or would permanently head back to the Golden Horseshoe like it had a while back during the Carnation Gardens initial makeover to what it is now. Any ideas???
    I haven't seen any mention of time frame at all. Most likely start in Jan some time if they mean to do it soon. The swing may temporarily relocate, but from the blog post, it will continue to be on the same stage it has always been on once the area reopens.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Progress? Another ill-placed marketing venue that hypes Disney franchise brands to little girls is "progress?"
    It isn't ill placed, and that area isn't considered main street. Look at your most recent guide map, that area has been highlighted in pink for Fantasyland for a long time already. This map is from December 2004, and it was pink then.

Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• 2 shots on the rocks.

2004. Yeah I remember. Disneyland really looked shockingly crappy back then.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by doppio View Post
    So true and so sad.

Why can't the wasted space called Small World Mall be utilized more efficiently?
    The line area is used mainly from Halloween-christmas.....and I think the Motorboat area is being saved for a ride one day......so really the space they are using makes sense....the only other spot I can think of is the old Skyway station

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    It isn't ill placed, and that area isn't considered main street. Look at your most recent guide map, that area has been highlighted in pink for Fantasyland for a long time already. This map is from December 2004, and it was pink then.
    Well shoot... you learn something new every day. I just looked at the Disneyland Park Map on Disney's website and it's still part of Fantasyland. Huh!

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Well shoot... you learn something new every day. I just looked at the Disneyland Park Map on Disney's website and it's still part of Fantasyland. Huh!
    I'm gonna go look for older maps lol
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^you dont need to prove it any more....people can either except the changes or not.....its not like some crappy Tinkerbell dark ride....its an interactive area for kids (like playhouse Disney) that uses space that is really not being used during the day and it looks like its going to be a GOOD looking addition that I'll at least check out when it opens.

I wont watch the shows but I'm interested in seeing what they building.....best part is how some people I bet dont even go over to that area and are against it....just like every new thing added to the parks...someone WILL hate it look at Carsland and Mermaid

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    but I'm interested in seeing what they building
    I'm curious to know if the buildings will be semi-real or just facades over low buidings that are just enough to house shop fronts.

• All-American

Without plunging too deep into the Main Street vs Fantasyland debate, I do want to say that after putting up with cr@ppy concept art for Disneyland for a few years now (case in point 1, case in point 2), that it is really nice to see concept art that actually looks like someone actually put some time and effort into it. I'm talking about this piece in particular. It has that finished, atmospheric look that one usually sees from the Disneyland Paris/Tokyo DisneySea era artwork.

Guests can visit the their favorite Disney royalty from such films as “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs,” “Cinderella,” “Sleeping Beauty,” “Beauty and the Beast” and “Tangled.

Anyone else notice the typo?
    "I have been up against tough competition all my life. I wouldn't know how to get along without it"
    -Walt Disney

•     
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Orbital Pluto

Moderator Note:

When you label another member, you are making a personal aside about them. You are not addressing their perspective when you do that. You are never to make personal asides like that on this site. You can argue the points, defend your position, express your feelings about the topic of the discussion, but any references about those who do not share your view are not allowed, and most likely will be determined to be a personal attack by the moderating staff.

Some of you have failed to heed the direction of the previous Mod Note. Others of you have valiantly attempted to express the rules and the desire of this site, and urged folks to stick to the topic, and I thank you.

If you cannot just discuss the subject without attacking your fellow posters, please just leave this thread now.

If you need further clarification, then PM me or any other Moderator directly.

From this point on, this thread needs to be on topic.

Thanks for your help!
    "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
    raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

Ernest Thompson Seton

• Minion

So I just looked at the oldest color coded guide map I could find (July 1999), and it looks the same.

If anyone has any older maps that have it different I'd love to see you upload it.

So can we now put the "ruining the theme of Main Street" argument to rest until someone shows me an older map that has this area highlighted as actually having been in Main Street?
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Minion

Meh.. I'll miss that peacfull area. But that are was always a hodge podge between the carnation plaza tent, the frontierland buildings, the "secret bathroom" and the castle it was a real theme mess to be completely honest if you guys are gonna play the "theme police" card! Plus if you guys are that concerened about theme.. swing dancing didn't even become polular till the 1930s, which wouldn't fit main streets "theme". Boom Roasted! haha!

I do look forward to taking my sister here though! Looks awesome! And the location is perfect being in front of Sleeping Beauty's Castle!

I think what is important to keep in mind here is that this is the very first glimpse that we are getting into this project... I am sure that WDI has a great plan for integrating the already present castle theming into the entrance to this new are of fantasyland...

I also think what is more important was what was not mentioned today at D23 which is what is going to happen to the old fantasyland theatre! My bet is that this project is just the first part of some major expansion project coming to disneyland in the next few years... if you look at the placement of the fantasyland theatre it could easily be closed off from fantasyland and be engulfed by a large scale expansion to frontierland that has been rumored for awhile now... this new Fantasy Faire seems to me to be the first step in a much bigger plan for the park.

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast