Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: New Fantasy Faire Experience coming to Disneyland!

Quote Originally Posted by jsanch2 View Post
    I think what is important to keep in mind here is that this is the very first glimpse that we are getting into this project... I am sure that WDI has a great plan for integrating the already present castle theming into the entrance to this new are of fantasyland...

I also think what is more important was what was not mentioned today at D23 which is what is going to happen to the old fantasyland theatre! My bet is that this project is just the first part of some major expansion project coming to disneyland in the next few years... if you look at the placement of the fantasyland theatre it could easily be closed off from fantasyland and be engulfed by a large scale expansion to frontierland that has been rumored for awhile now... this new Fantasy Faire seems to me to be the first step in a much bigger plan for the park.
    This is what a gew of us have been trying to say for 8 pages haha
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit View Post
    So I will ask this again, anyone have an idea time frame wise on when this will be completed? Was it said by next summer or is this a 2013 finish? I would assume that the swing dancing would relocate for a bit or would permanently head back to the Golden Horseshoe like it had a while back during the Carnation Gardens initial makeover to what it is now. Any ideas???
    I'm thinking that it will probably open in December of 2012 because this piss poor idea is the Armageddon that was prophecied by the end of the Mayan calendar. It is definitely the end of theming on Main Street. And ya, I read the posts that say that this area is zoned as Fantasyland. The lines may be drawn that way on the map, but look at the theme of the area now: it has a definite turn-of-the-century feel to it. Disney appears to so indifferent to theme these days, I'm surprised they aren't putting this stupid princess meet and greet on the old Peoplemover platform.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Disney appears to so indifferent to theme these days, I'm surprised they aren't putting this stupid princess meet and greet on the old Peoplemover platform.
    Don't be silly, that's where Winnie the Pooh's Battle of the Bees is going.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by jsanch2 View Post
    I think what is important to keep in mind here is that this is the very first glimpse that we are getting into this project... I am sure that WDI has a great plan for integrating the already present castle theming into the entrance to this new are of fantasyland...

I also think what is more important was what was not mentioned today at D23 which is what is going to happen to the old fantasyland theatre! My bet is that this project is just the first part of some major expansion project coming to disneyland in the next few years... if you look at the placement of the fantasyland theatre it could easily be closed off from fantasyland and be engulfed by a large scale expansion to frontierland that has been rumored for awhile now... this new Fantasy Faire seems to me to be the first step in a much bigger plan for the park.
    I very much agree it's very exciting that there seem to be some bigger plans coming. And I think many of you are making too big of a deal about the theme, it's really not going to visually impact Mainstreet at all. I think there's plenty of things that are more legitimate concerns, but this is directly connected to FL and will be completely screened from MS except for the entrance.

I think the design is quite clever, it's going to basically use just two new small buildings and some minor work on the existing structures to create a neat little village area that I think will feel bigger then it is. It should be nice little expansion to FL, and combined with our existing FL, it will really make the village feel around the castle more complete. It should also help draw more people to the underutilized Snow White, Sleeping Beauty and Pinocchio attractions and make the area more interesting.

It's going to make a neat new intimate little area that people are always saying that they love about DL in an area that's just planters and walkways right now. And it's visually not really going to impact on MS's theme at all. I was a bit worried when I heard the rumor about this a while ago, but now seeing what they have planned, I think it's really a good idea and I'm all for it.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Don't be silly, that's where Winnie the Pooh's Battle of the Bees is going.
    I can see that, too . What will probably end up happening is Snow White and Pooh battling Darth Vader at the Hundred Acre Wood Jedi Academy.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• there's always my way...

Not Happy. Not one bit. I love the Carnation swing hall. Many good memories here for me.
    Come to the dark side,
    we have cookies.

• Minion

There's an idea! A PeopleMover meet-and-greet for the princesses! They can be planted at key locations near the track, and you simply wave to them as you go by! And maybe you can snag an autograph from Princess Leia if you're quick! That should get the lines moving again.

But where will I kindle my crushes on All-American College Band members? That stage was perfect for that.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.DooDah View Post
    Not Happy. Not one bit. I love the Carnation swing hall. Many good memories here for me.
    That isn't actually going away. There will still be swing and dancing there.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• LOL!!!!!!! (MC teen joke)

As long as they don't get rid of the great Magic Music Days program, I'm perfectly fine with this. lol
    The Original Teen Scene of MiceChat:
    fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
    JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter

• -

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    That isn't actually going away. There will still be swing and dancing there.
    But for all intents and purposes it is going away. It will now be fantasy themed. Yes the dancing will still be there, but it will now be out of theme dancing at an out of theme venue.

• Artistic integrity

I'll be sad when Main Street shrinks a bit ..... as this area has always been deemed as part of Main Street. Just as Plaza Pavilion, and Plaza Inn make up the hub ... it will be odd to see part of Fantasyland spill outside "it's gates" .. or rather .... the castle gates.

It will take a while getting use to this.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.DooDah View Post
    Again, the stage isn't going anywhere, they are keeping the stage, just "repainting" it

Why do I feel like a lot of people are sounding similar to Professor Umbridge from Harry Potter 5 "Progress for the sake of progress, must be discouraged. Let us preserve, what must be preserved. Perfect what can be perfected. An prune practices that ought to be prohibited."

start the video at 1:27

But I think we all need to be thinking more along the lines of Meet the Robinsons and:

Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Banned User

The concept art looks like it will be pretty nice looking at least. The bottom line w/ Disneyland is that there just isn't a lot of space, if they want to expand or add stuff, something has to go. At least this is making better use of space. The princess stuff moves to a smaller, better themed area, and the big theater that they wasted a ton of space with gets to actually be a theater again. As far as Fantasyland encroaching on Main Street.... I don't think the location encroaches any more then Pixie Hollow does. I never even though of that corner as Main Street myself, I just considered it part of the hub. I always considered the end of Main Street when you hit the hub.

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Bingo. God forbid it could just be a shady, pleasant, out-of-the-way place with tables and chairs. A place to get an ice cream on a hot summer day, relax, listen to the sounds of the Hub and take a break from the in-your-face marketing that increasingly dominates Disneyland.

God forbid it doesn't accomplish Pressler's mandate that every square foot of Disneyland needs to be selling something.
    Exactly, well said Mr. Wiggins. Don't like the idea at all. Why can't Disney just freshen up the 'Gardens and come up with entertainment that is NOT Princess themed but "Main Street" themed? Fantasyland to me is walking through the castle and bam I have been transported to a different time and place and not seeing some "Fantasy Faire" sitting next to an entrance to the wild west....
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast