Disney Watch Battery Replacement at DLR?

I am currently at DLR, and I have a Disney TimeWorks Mickey Mouse watch with a dead battery. I had purchased the watch some years ago at WDW.

At the World of Disney store in DTD, they told me they do not replace watch batteries and that there is no Disney place that does so at DLR, but possibly try the Fossil store. The Fossil store told me they only replace Fossil watch batteries (which I had pretty much expected).

The Grand Californian Guest Services gentleman told me to try the watch store inside Disneyland, which I have not had a chance to try yet.

Has anyone been able to get a Disney watch battery replaced at DLR? Is there a nearby jewelry store to DLR that would do it?

Thanks for any suggestions!

• DLR Cast Member

Re: Disney Watch Battery Replacement at DLR?

I can't think of any DLR location that sells watch batteries, but you shouldn't have any problem finding a replacement battery, since watch batteries are universal.

I have a nice classic Mickey Mouse watch that my wife gave me an an anniversary present. I've had it for 4 years, and had the batter replaced twice. Once I had it replaced by my local jeweler, and another was at my local Radio Shack. I think the batteries ran about $4. Most places that clean jewelry also replace watch batteries.

• Disney is home

I recommend trying the Fortuoisty shop, not saying they can help but they would probably be your best shot since that use to be the watch shop. They also still have the art watches there, so there is a chance they might be able to help.

• A Happy Haunt

The Haunted Mansion in New Orleans Square

I have gone into the Fortuoisty shop and asked them to replace the batteries in my Disney watch and they informed me they did not provide this service and instead suggested I go to sears or a cart at the mall.
    If would like to join our jamboree there's a simple rule that's compulsory. Mortals pay a token fee. Rest in peace, the haunting's free; so hurry back, we would like your company!