Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Mac Daddy's 2011 Summer Photo Thread

I wish it was Walt standing in the gazebo in the 'Curtain of Light' photo. I'm such a dork.

The photos were magical. Thank you...

---------- Post added 08-26-2011 at 02:37 AM ----------

the pictures were wonderful and magical... thanks for sharing

---------- Post added 08-26-2011 at 02:56 AM ----------

Your not a dork. We all wish the same thing. He should have lived forever...

Maybe he does through Disneyland...

He will always be in my heart... My children and grand children's hearts and on and on... Mickey lives forever who's to limit Walt's magic Who knows one day you may see him standing in the gazebo... Warmly and magically

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Part II

First of all, thank you for all of your comments. I'll try to respond to them soon, but I just wanted to start Part II off by stating again for the umpteenth time that if it wasn't for the photographers on Micechat, I probably wouldn't have been bitten by the photography bug in quite the same way six years ago. The outstanding photographers both then and now continue to inspire me to become a better photographer.

Secondly, I cannot adequately express how FUN it has been to meet several of you at our Micechat/Flickr photo meets. I was talking to Gregg Cooper and a new friend of ours from back East a just a couple weeks ago, and Gregg mentioned how strange it was that it has been less than a year that several of us met for the first photomeet, but we feel like we've known each other forever. There's a certain kind of community and camaraderie that exists between Disney park photographers as they share both a love for the parks and a passion for photography.

Thirdly, I have learned and will continue to learn from several of you both here and on flickr. Mike Greening (Hot Sauce) has been so generous with his time and knowledge as he continues to update the Disney Photo Of The Day thread almost every day. Gregg Cooper continues to set the gold standard for Disney HDR and gladly shares his techniques with everyone who has a question in the parks. Tom Bricker, Ryan Pastorino, Natalie Bell, and several others around here have been posting shots on flickr that consistently have my jaw hitting the floor.

If you are around on Sept 23, Mike Greening and several others will be getting together for another Micechat/Fllickr meet. If you are around and would like to learn more about photography while hanging out with some fun people, we would love to get a chance to meet you. Several of my shots in this thread were taken while standing next to either Mike or Gregg., and I'm almost always bugging them with questions. It's always fun to shoot the park, but it's a BLAST to shoot the park with other crazy Disney fans who are into photography. Save the date and try to make it if you can!

On we go with our look back on the Summer of 2011:

Summer11.50.6 by Macke Daddy, on Flickr

Summer11.51.1.6 by Macke Daddy, on Flickr

Summer11.53.6 by Macke Daddy, on Flickr

Summer11.48.6 by Macke Daddy, on Flickr

Summer11.4.3.6 by Macke Daddy, on Flickr

Summer11.40.6 by Macke Daddy, on Flickr

Summer11.40.12.6 by Macke Daddy, on Flickr

Summer11.57.6 by Macke Daddy, on Flickr

Summer11.56.6 by Macke Daddy, on Flickr

Summer11.55.6 by Macke Daddy, on Flickr

Summer11.54.2.6 by Macke Daddy, on Flickr

The View From Tomorrowland by WJMcIntosh(Mostly offline until Sept 2), on Flickr

For Part III, click HERE
    Last edited by Mac Daddy; 09-11-2011 at 07:53 PM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blorgan View Post
    Art finds it hard to deny art. You have been kissed by the sisters (enjoy them all). Your photography sings!
    Thanks Blorgan. I have never had this particular compliment before, and it means a lot. It's along the same lines as something I read by Quincy Jones who was writing about the great jazz photographer Herman Leonard when he said:

"I used to tell the cats that Herman Leonard does with his camera what we do with our instruments. After all these years, his work is still music to my eyes." As a choral director, I love my job and I feel so fortunate to be getting paid for what I do. But photography is quickly beginning to steal some of my attention, and I am now convinced that when I retire, I'd like to go full time into photography. Thanks for bringing both of these passions together with that compliment.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'nMac View Post
    Wow.

Once again...simply amazing.

Your stunning images keep the magic alive for this too-distant family and have long taken up residence on our computer desktops. Time to rotate!

Thank you.
    Thank YOU Cap n Mac for the encouragement. I am honored that you would want my photos on your computer.

Quote Originally Posted by bmanuhutu View Post
    First of all Amazing photos, second of all, I love all the original viewpoints you choose for your photos. Always a breath of fresh air. By the way this is Qjorn from flickr.
    Thanks for giving me your other handle as I've seen many of your great shots on flickr, and thanks for the kind words! I look forward to seeing more of your shots on flickr!

Quote Originally Posted by GeeVee View Post
    Thanks Mac Daddy. I do copy the BB code and paste to a thread. But I must have done something wrong when I first attempted to post multiple shots.
    I have been posting many of my shots, they are mostly in the daily Disneyland photo sharing thread.
    I'm afraid that I've missed several shots as I've been crazy busy lately and that thread is HUGE. The shots that I HAVE seen of yours are fantastic! Hopefully we'll run into each other down there soon!

Quote Originally Posted by jsdmn2 View Post
    Wow. Just, Wow! All of them are so beautiful, but that first one... I love it! Thanks for taking the time to put these up to share! Thank you, thank you!
    You're welcome, welcome!

Last edited by Mac Daddy; 08-30-2011 at 05:41 PM.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Daddy View Post
    Thanks Blorgan. I have never had this particular compliment before, and it means a lot. It's along the same lines as something I read by Quincy Jones who was writing about the great jazz photographer Herman Leonard when he said:

"I used to tell the cats that Herman Leonard does with his camera what we do with our instruments. After all these years, his work is still music to my eyes." As a choral director, I love my job and I feel so fortunate to be getting paid for what I do. But photography is quickly beginning to steal some of my attention, and I am now convinced that when I retire, I'd like to go full time into photography. Thanks for bringing both of these passions together with that compliment.
    And not that I want to to get old to soon but.... I'm looking forward to this so I can see even more of your amazing pictures!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• RCMC: Java Junkie

Wow you always take some of the most amazing pictures!!

• 2 shots on the rocks.

WOW

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Caretoman View Post
    amazing!!!

i´m using your pics to "ilustrate" to my wife what to expect on his first trip next summer!!!
    Thanks, Caretoman! That's quite a long time to wait, but I hope you have a blast when you get there

Quote Originally Posted by toneloc View Post
    Amazing photo's
    Thanks toneloc!

Quote Originally Posted by xalesa View Post
    Speechless......
    Thanks Xalesa!

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    These are amazing. I don't know how you get some high angles but I bow down to you!
    Thanks Coheteboy, but no bowing allowed, especially after the number of times that I've left the lens cap on, forgot to bring my ISO back down, forgot to turn bracketing off, left the zipper open and watched lenses bounce out of my bag.... Believe me, there's no bowing in this direction. I'm just trying to learn every time I take the camera out. But thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    I have been following your work for these many years and I still find myself amazed at what you do. The photos just keep getting better. I can't wait to see your collection another five years from now!
    I thank you sir for your inspiration - seeing your work keeps me pushing to grow and learn and improve.
    Thanks Sambo! I will say the same back to you as I've seen some of your shots posted recently in the Daily Photo thread. There are times when I look back even a year ago and see that I've made at least SOME improvement, and I can't believe how much I've learned in just the past couple of years or so. Every time I see a shot I admire here, I might grab a screen shot of it, or I'll hit the fave button in flickr, and go back later to see if I can figure out what was done in that particular shot. I've always loved to learn new things, and now that I'm getting a bit more involved in photography, I'm trying to learn as much as I can as fast as I can.

I also steal good ideas wherever I can find them. I'm currently using Gregg Cooper's shoulder strap, Ryan Pastorino's tripod and bag, and Mike Greening's DSLR Gorillapod with ballhead and level. I wouldn't have ANY of those items if I hadn't seen them being used and asked "Hey! Where did you get that?" All of that to say that I feel the same way when I look at your shots. I think if we both have the attitude of a student, both of us will continue to learn and improve over time.

Quote Originally Posted by ducktalesfan5555 View Post
    Wow disney should really hire you!
    Hah! I would KILL to be able to shoot from where folks like Paul Hilfmeyer get to shoot from. Ironically, Bob Desmond, who shoots for WDW, mentioned that he would love to be involved in his music full time, and I told him I would love to trade some day. On his last shoot, he was able to go to the top of the train station with a harness and shoot to his heart's content. I would LOVE to be able to shoot from the roof tops, or from the top of the castle....or Matterhorn. But I guess work is work, and when you have deadlines, some of the pixie dust wears off. I am nowhere NEAR where some of those guys are, but it's always fun to daydream.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThunder View Post
    Holy-moly, those are some terrific shots!
    Thanks Big Thunder!

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    First of all, these are all...WOW! A few that personally spoke to me were the blue monorail, Twilight on the Rivers of America, the gentleman holding the American flag, and Fourth of July Sunset.

These are all like a dream.
    Thanks sbk1234!

Quote Originally Posted by bamato View Post
    Absolutely gorgeous photos!!
    Thanks Bamato!

Quote Originally Posted by xalesa View Post
    My favorites are the first and last photo. The last photo really needs to be a framed poster available to purchase!!! Same for the first one w/Mark Twain boat. Simply beautiful!!!!
    Thanks Xalesa. Maybe someday I will get my act together and make some of these prints available in larger sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    And not that I want to to get old to soon but.... I'm looking forward to this so I can see even more of your amazing pictures!
    Thanks Pengy! Your photos continue to inspire me as well. Time to steal that DSLR from your daughter!

Quote Originally Posted by 1Disneylandfan View Post
    Wow you always take some of the most amazing pictures!!
    Thanks 1Disneyulandfan!

Quote Originally Posted by doppio View Post
    WOW
    Thanks Doppio!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Majestic Falcon

Blog Entries

This is an extremely rare POV. Especially with the Twain and Raft. I have not seen it photographed before. Nice.

Summer11.4.3.6 by Macke Daddy, on Flickr

You, Mr. "Mac Daddy" (is that your real name or a pseudonym so your adoring fans don't get too 'close'?!), are really rocking it. You were no slouch before, but your growth in the last year has been insane. I feel like us East Coasters are playing catch-up to you West Coast guys!

Look forward to (hopefully) shooting with you in November!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Daddy View Post

Thanks Pengy! Your photos continue to inspire me as well. Time to steal that DSLR from your daughter!
    Well next spring when she graduates and I go to Nor Cal for that.....

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Laughing Last..

Nice. And, God bless you with the patience and wisdom to not have to throttle any students this year. Ha.

Mac Daddy, you still continue to treat my eyes and heart with your genius.

I want to use your amazing pictures as my wallpaper, and to fit the whole screen. Does anyone know how to do that, and still make it look crystal clear?

---------- Post added 09-06-2011 at 05:15 PM ----------

You should have a coffee table book published. I don't think I've ever seen Disneyland pictures this stunning before. Absolutely amazing!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Awesome View Post
    You are such an inspirational photographer, sir. Amazing shots.
    Thanks Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by disneydancer76 View Post
    ....Soooooo Amazing!!! I just now realized my jaw was hanging down while I was looking at these....FABULOUS!!
    Thanks Disneydancer!

Quote Originally Posted by HookedonDisneyland View Post
    Thanks for my "fix". Makes me want to go again, and again, and again.....
    Thanks HookedonDisneyland. I know the feeling, which is probably why I'm down there at least every other week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by bishop3210 View Post
    I don't ever post on here but I had to post just to say that your pictures are absolutely impressive. You have a great knack for this and even though there have been millions of pictures taken in at Disneyland, you make the subject matter seem original. Absolutely stunning!!!
    Thanks Bishop3210, and welcome to Micechat. I really appreciate the fact that you took the time to register to post in my thread. Thanks for the kind words, and I hope you will stick around as there are more than a few talented photographers here on Micechat. This website is pretty much responsible for my renewed interest in photography, and if it weren't for the dozens of talented folks around here, I really have to wonder if I would have gone out and purchased my first DSLR. So I hope you stick around!

Quote Originally Posted by vivian View Post
    Beautiful photos. I truly am overcome and welled-up with emotion on the brilliance of your capturing the perfect shot. These photos make me happy. Thank you
    Thank Vivian. I am humbled that my photos would have that kind of an impact on you, and it means a great deal to me to hear that from you. It really makes it worthwhile to know that they have made you happy. Thanks for comments!

Quote Originally Posted by DizMiiLand View Post
    Outstanding. Please keep them coming.
    Thanks DizMiland. I'll try to get at least one more installment in before I switch gears and get ready for the Fall. Feel free to visit my Flickr site at the link below as I am continually uploading there every week, along with dozens of other Disneyland and WDW photographers, most of which leave me in the weeds on a weekly basis. If you would like to see some really AMAZING shots, check out some of the shots I've favorited over the past year under my profile. You'll have to dig around a bit as they are not all Disneyland shots, but there are literally hundreds of Disney shots in there that will almost certainly blow your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Deniselovesdonald View Post
    This is the first time I have posted on here, although I have been following this site for years. (It's a great site, by the way!)....Thank you for allowing me to live vicariously through these wonderful photos, since I don't get to DL as often as I'd like to....Really,really great pictures!
    Thanks Deniselovesdonald, and welcome to Micechat! I hope you'll stick around as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Athlonacon View Post
    I'm not a big fan of photography, in fact most of the time I can't see what the big deal is, but these pictures are just jawdropping. It takes about 5-10 seconds before your brain can even start processing information again because they are just literally stunning! The color, angles and just pure creativity in the shot composition are out of this world. Disneyland is already a beautiful place, but you have captured it better than any eye ever could.

Thank you sir!
    Thanks Athlonacon! As I'm a huge fan of photography, it means a lot that some of my shots may have helped you to change your mind. I don't know about the eye comment though because there have been several times lately when I'll get home and my shot isn't anything close to what I was actually looking at. I'm hoping to fix that in the future as I get more experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshnyah View Post
    Wow. I mean wow. I have to take a photagraphy class an hope I have one speck of your talent. Disney should hire you for promo pics.
    Thanks Joshnyah. I've very jealous as I have never had a class, but I would love to at some point. I've done a ton of reading up on my own, but I'd love to take a class. Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by ChEars! View Post
    Beautiful photos!!! Each one is a joy to see. Thank you for showing us.
    Thanks ChEars!

More shots on the way.
    Last edited by Mac Daddy; 09-10-2011 at 08:52 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast