Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Re: Mac Daddy's 2011 Summer Photo Thread

Thanks for coming back! After part III, I think I might be able to crank out one more batch. I've got dozens of shots from last Summer, but I've been really short on time, and I tried a batch last night but fell asleep on my keyboard. I was also thinking of doing a short preview of my DLP thread, which at this point might be years in the making. :

At any rate, I greatly appreciate the views and comments, and I'll try to get back to your comments asap.

On we go!

Part III

Summer11.6.4.6 by Macke Daddy, on Flickr

Fall11.1.12.6 by Macke Daddy, on Flickr

Summer11.58.6 by Macke Daddy, on Flickr

Grizzly River Run Long Exposure by WJMcIntosh, on Flickr

Summer11.12.2.6 by Macke Daddy, on Flickr

I stole this particular exposure idea from Tom Bricker.

Summer11.14.3.6 by Macke Daddy, on Flickr

Summer11.33.2.6 by Macke Daddy, on Flickr

Summer11.51.4.6 by Macke Daddy, on Flickr

Summer11.55.4.6 by Macke Daddy, on Flickr

This last one was taken just last week at 117 seconds with an ND filter. If you look closely, you can see Tinkerbell on the left side of the frame. For a better view, you are welcome to click the flickr link in my sig and view larger on black by clicking the L key on your keyboard. With the larger you, you can see the contrail left by Tink as she took off from the Matterhorn.

A Little Pixie Dust (117 Seconds) by WJMcIntosh, on Flickr

Possibly one more batch to come...
    Last edited by Mac Daddy; 09-11-2011 at 07:49 PM.

Talking Re: Mac Daddy's 2011 Summer Photo Thread

Thank you! I think the Nine smile on you, so relax. They are enjoying you as much as we are. I predict your new semester will shine!

I'm ashamed to say I don't know Herman Leonards' work. Soon!
    Last edited by blorgan; 09-13-2011 at 06:12 AM.

• DLR Enthusiast

Way to deliver more amazing photos!! The over-exposure on GRR really looks unique!
    -Brian - Find me on Facebook

• Planning my next trip...

Awesome! Love these

---------- Post added 09-13-2011 at 08:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Daddy View Post

Fall11.1.12.6 by Macke Daddy, on Flickr
    I clicked to see a larger version of this one...it's restricted as private
    Beautiful, though!

• Seeker of Fun

Once again, I'm truly amazed at your photos. They capture the mood and feel of Disneyland so well. Your a true artist!!
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    You not only take outstanding photos, but you can now be credited with recruiting new members for MiceChat.

Thanks for sharing your beautiful photography with all of us. Old members, and new members alike.
    Thanks Barbaraann. We both joined Micechat around the same time, as I recall, and both of us appreciated the work of Darkbeer, DaddyB, Crazylegs, and dozens of others. The micechat photographers of 2005 are part of the reason I joined over six years ago. (Has it been THAT long?)

Quote Originally Posted by GoBotDotCom View Post
    As Wayne & Garth said ... "We're not worthy!"
    <drops to knees>
    Actually, I find myself saying that repeatedly to PLENTY of other photographers around here, but thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    It is ridiculous how amazing these photos are, thanks very much for providing them. Simply outstanding.
    Thanks Rex!

Quote Originally Posted by Leota View Post
    Those are the most beautiful Disneyland pictures I've EVER seen!
    Thank you Leota!

Quote Originally Posted by desertgroomer View Post
    I see other great photos and I want to know how they did them, so I can imitate them.
    I see these pictures and they are a window to a real/fantasy world that previously only lived in my memory.
    I'm in awe! I don't want to copy them, just stare and dream.

Thank you.
    Thank you desertgroomer for those very kind words. Comments like these mean so much as there are several times when I'll bang my head on the wall while trying to become a better photographer. Thank you for the shot in the arm.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandrini View Post
    The photos were magical. Thank you...
    Thanks Mandrini!

Quote Originally Posted by orbitalpunk View Post
    This is an extremely rare POV. Especially with the Twain and Raft. I have not seen it photographed before. Nice.

Summer11.4.3.6 by Macke Daddy, on Flickr
    Thanks OP! As I'm sure you are aware, it gets harder and harder to come up with angles that I haven't used before. On this particular evening, I was literally on the last raft off of the island as I was trying to catch as much of golden hour as I could from over there. Soooo tempted to hide in the bushes down by the fort. I wonder how much trouble I would be in after they found me....

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFigment View Post
    You, Mr. "Mac Daddy" (is that your real name or a pseudonym so your adoring fans don't get too 'close'?!), are really rocking it. You were no slouch before, but your growth in the last year has been insane. I feel like us East Coasters are playing catch-up to you West Coast guys!

Look forward to (hopefully) shooting with you in November!
    Thanks Tom. Any growth over this past year has a direct correlation to hanging out with Gregg, Mike, Ryan, Corey, and a number of other photographers this year as I went to my first meet just under a year ago at Disneyland. You have also been an important part of that as I have faved dozens of your shots after which I almost always stare at them and try to figure out the voo doo that you do so well. My current ND filter was your idea, and I love the fact that we both have the same camera. I USED to blame things on my camera, but after seeing your shots, I have no excuses. I just need to figure out how it's done, and thanks to you and the folks out here on this coast, I like to think I'm making progress.

Quote Originally Posted by FREQDUDE View Post
    Nice. And, God bless you with the patience and wisdom to not have to throttle any students this year. Ha.
    I've got some great students this year, but have come close to throttling a couple of them over the years, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by ivankay View Post
    Mac Daddy, you still continue to treat my eyes and heart with your genius.
    Don't agree with the genious part, but thanks Ivankay!

Quote Originally Posted by Leota View Post
    I want to use your amazing pictures as my wallpaper, and to fit the whole screen. Does anyone know how to do that, and still make it look crystal clear?

---------- Post added 09-06-2011 at 05:15 PM ----------

You should have a coffee table book published. I don't think I've ever seen Disneyland pictures this stunning before. Absolutely amazing!
    Thanks, Leota. If you go to the flickr badge on the bottom of this post, it should take you to my flickr page. From there, if you right click on the photo, different sizes will show up. If you choose the original size, it should let you download 1100 x 739 which will look better than the sizes I posted here.

Quote Originally Posted by blorgan View Post
    Thank you! I think the Nine smile on you, so relax. They are enjoying you as much as we are. I predict your new semester will shine! I'm ashamed to say I don't know Herman Leonards' work. Soon!
    LOL...Shows how much of a Tolkein nut I am that my first thought was "Why are the Nazgul smiling on me?" Then I remembered the Muses. Don't feel bad about Herman Leonard - He's not too widely known outside of jazz circles. But if you google his name, dozens of shots will show up on google images. I think he was a freaking genius!

Quote Originally Posted by bamato View Post
    Way to deliver more amazing photos!! The over-exposure on GRR really looks unique!
    Thanks....I think. I'm going to assume you meant "Long exposure" because "over exposure" would be bad. Not that I haven't done my share of over exposing, LOL.

And if Mike is reading this, that's NOT what I meant!

Quote Originally Posted by SpcMtn77 View Post
    Awesome! Love these

---------- Post added 09-13-2011 at 08:23 AM ----------

I clicked to see a larger version of this one...it's restricted as private
    Beautiful, though!
    Thanks Spcmtn77! I have two flickr accounts, so depending on which one you were trying to download, you may have accessed the site in a different way. Try the badge at the bottom of this post, and if the photo you are looking for is on the other account, try Flickr: Macke Daddy's Photostream and right click on the photo. that should give you the option to download different sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Apples4Disney View Post
    Once again, I'm truly amazed at your photos. They capture the mood and feel of Disneyland so well. Your a true artist!!
    Thanks 4 Apples4Disney!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345