Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Out Of State AP Holder

Re: Is the Hub/Part of Main St USA anymore, or Not?

Quote Originally Posted by BuenaVista28 View Post
    Ha! just wait until the princesses move in, it will be even worse.
    Honestly even after they move I think the Astro Orbiter will be more prominent than that expansion. But this is just based on those concept sketches I've seen and how hidden the area currently is now.

As for me, just toss me in the crowd that say the Plaza is more of a transitional area to the five lands.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Suspended

The Hub is still Main Street, with the Main Street USA Vehicles Traveling all around the Hub.

The Gateways to the various lands are set back from the hub. And those gateways are the entrance to those lands, just like traveling under through either tunnel under the the railroad track, is the entrance to Main Street USA.

• revolutionary waltz

I always felt that the hub was its own entity separate from every other land in Disneyland. Every other land (minus Toontown, for obvious reasons) has a visual presence in the area whether it's the castle (Fantasyland) or the bridges (Adventureland, Frontierland). The vehicles from Main Street USA that travel through the hub, I've always felt, are the visual presence of Main Street, a reminder of what you've just traveled through rather than where you still are.

I'm a little more iffy on some of the Hub 'features' as they're typically more clearly identifiable to a time/place (I.E. plaza inn is pretty clearly connected to Main Street), but I think there's some room for fudging like Snow White's well ---> Fantasyland, visually.

The hub is part of Main Street. One only has to listen to the music loop to know that. And I'm pretty sure the trash cans, benches, etc. also support this.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ryno1986 View Post
    The hub is part of Main Street. One only has to listen to the music loop to know that. And I'm pretty sure the trash cans, benches, etc. also support this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    The Hub is still Main Street, with the Main Street USA Vehicles Traveling all around the Hub.

The Gateways to the various lands are set back from the hub. And those gateways are the entrance to those lands, just like traveling under through either tunnel under the the railroad track, is the entrance to Main Street USA.
    Exactly. The Hub is the conclusion of "Scene 1" in the Disneyland story. Moving along a walkway that leads to one of the other realms is, like moving through an entrance tunnel, the equivalent of transitioning to the next scene.
    Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 08-28-2011 at 01:09 AM.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• 2 shots on the rocks.

I've always felt that Central Plaza was part of Main Street. Kinda like the central park of the land.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123