• Circle of Ancients

The Big Question and the NOS Rumors

During my trip to Disneyland, (which I happened to enjoy very much), I heard a lot of buzz about many rumors of upcoming refurbishments and the like. I was able to hear cast members telling guests about certain attractions and stores.

Out of all the tales though, there was one topic that came up the most, Sleeping Beauty Castle. There were about a dozen different occasions that this topic was brought to a cast member's attention. Most of the time the guests were asking how to get into the "Sleeping Beauty Walkthrough" inside the castle. One castmember (who works in the Castle Gift Shop) explained the story of this attraction's fate quite well. She told of how the attraction was closed four years ago and how no one knows what the future of Sleeping Beauty Castle is. There were, however, alternate tales. I stumbled upon the following as I was viewing my video footage of Disneyland. One family asked a cast member about the Sleeping Beauty Walkthrough. He replied that it was still open and that "it isn't a ride or anything. It just tells the story." He told them that it was closed for the night because of the fireworks. The family then proceeded on with their night. On another occasion, one woman talked to another cast member and then went over to the door where the entrance used to be and then walked back to the cast member and asked "Well, how do I get in?". Apparently it was an attraction that had a great impact on people. It will be very interesting to see what the future holds for it...

Other rumors included a detailed description of how New Orleans Square was undergoing a complete refurbishment, describing how Le Bat en Rouge would be closed and expanded to accomidate Haunted Mansion merchandise, the POTC refurb, and changes to the Blue Bayou.

What to believe and what not to... There is so much going on and so many versions of the stories. Between Sleeping Beauty Castle and the NOS refurbs, I must say that I did a lot of eavesdropping this vacation.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

Re: The Big Question and the NOS Rumors

Didn't Kevin have an update a while back talking about a buffeteria restaurant in NOS being converted back into a full service restaurant? I think it was the River Belle Terrace.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

I think Disneyland has had enough refurb, I mean every ride in the park is closed like twice or three times a month for a refurb and then you get on it and noticed ntohing has changed, whats with that? I wonder what Disneyland and the Disneyland Hotel would would be like with out a refurb for one whole year?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by fantasywatersfreak
    I think Disneyland has had enough refurb
    I hope im not alone in saying that there should NEVER EVER be "enough" refurb in Disneyland. If there ever was, it would brake Walts dream about the park never being finished. Refurbs have given us some great stuff recently, like the JC's fish, HM's floating head, and Space Mountian. I hope they contenue the trend FOREVER!!!!! I dont care if 1-2 rides are closed down when I go, since I will just come back when they are done and open.

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gibbage
    I hope im not alone in saying that there should NEVER EVER be "enough" refurb in Disneyland. If there ever was, it would brake Walts dream about the park never being finished. Refurbs have given us some great stuff recently, like the JC's fish, HM's floating head, and Space Mountian. I hope they contenue the trend FOREVER!!!!! I dont care if 1-2 rides are closed down when I go, since I will just come back when they are done and open.
    That is true.

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen
    Didn't Kevin have an update a while back talking about a buffeteria restaurant in NOS being converted back into a full service restaurant? I think it was the River Belle Terrace.
    I belive the restaurant Kevin was talking about is Cafe Orleans. River Belle Terrace is actually located in Frontierland.

I don't think you can believe everything you hear from the CM's. Given we have seen stories of them making up stuff to guest just for fun. And the fact that you had three different responses to the Sleeping Beauty Walkthrough, with one of them even saying it was open even though it has not been open for 4 years.

• CM for 4 years!

Blue Bayou will be going down for refurb March 6, 2006.

Cafe Orleans will be reopening as a table service location on March 8, 2006.

The only refurb that Blue Bayou is going to get is probably a slight moving around of the tables, unfortunately. We could use a new floor, new furniture, lighter weight chairs, and paint.

Hey, if you don't want to believe me, that's fine, but it's happening next March! haha
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Arnie
    I belive the restaurant Kevin was talking about is Cafe Orleans. River Belle Terrace is actually located in Frontierland.
    Eh, potato, po-TA-to
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by melmel
    Blue Bayou will be going down for refurb March 6, 2006.

Cafe Orleans will be reopening as a table service location on March 8, 2006.

The only refurb that Blue Bayou is going to get is probably a slight moving around of the tables, unfortunately. We could use a new floor, new furniture, lighter weight chairs, and paint.

Hey, if you don't want to believe me, that's fine, but it's happening next March! haha
    Well some CM's are more reputable than others. So yes I belive you, plus it's not some crazy story about making the Blue Bayou into a two story, tables in the water, eat with the old guy in rocking chair kinda tale.

• Rock Star Minion

As you can tell from the first post, it's difficult to believe what Cast Members say on "stage" -- either they don't know or are not at liberty to say (i.e., breaking "show").
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Now 40% less bitter!

I wouldn't want to eat with the old guy, anyway. He'd just sit there, staring at me. Probably be ticked off that I'm on his private property. That wouldn't be a pleasant experience for either of us.
    Oo-de-lally!