• Meh.

DLR Restaurants Thread

My favorite food spots are:

In DL-
    #1 = Rancho del Zocalo. The chicken breast there is amazing, comes with tortilla and some toppings. Cheese enchiladas and other Mexican deliciousness served here. Sweet Dreams Cake is sinful!
    Runner-Up = Redd Rockett's Pizza Port. A Tomorrowland version of Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta, this eatery serves salads, pasta, and multiple pizzas by the slice. Dine indoors amongst Yester Tomorrowland attraction posters, or eat in the quiet "patio" and listen to the Captain EO preshow music.

In DCA-
    #1 = Paradise Garden Grill. Tasty Mediterranean-style meat skewer combos are the BOMB here. Sit in the scenic courtyard and listen to music (got to see the Sligo Rags).
    Runner-Up = Pacific Wharf eateries. At the bakery, choose from soups, sandwiches, or salads. The newishly reopened Lucky Fortune Cookery serves up spring rolls and wok dishes. Rancho Cucamonga cooks up Mexican fare.

In DD-
    #1 = Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen. Creole is the specialty here. Steaks, jambalaya, gumbo and more are popular. Listen to guest groups playing jazz and blues. The desserts here are fab - bananas foster, creme brle, and beignets here are delicious!
    Runner-Up = Rainforest Cafe. Dine in a beautiful jungle atmosphere and choose from pasta, burgers, wraps, salads, seafood, and you better believe there's more. Fruity drinks and the Volcano for dessert round out the selections.

• Keepin' it calsteady

Re: DLR Restaurants Thread

My top 5 places to eat at the Disneyland Resort:

1. Churro Cart (multiple locations). Warm, toasty Mexican waffle sticks rolled in cinnamon-sugar. For best results, I recommend the New Orleans Square location where you can take your tasty delight over to the Rivers of America and watch the Mark Twain paddle by, or on a hot day take a seat in the shade on Cafe Orleans' patio and perhaps enjoy a live jazzy band. Also, you'll want to visit after a line has formed to ensure your best chance of a perfect churro: Very warm, crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.

2. Gibson Girl Ice Cream (Main Street, USA). Disney's cutest food-service cast members serve Dreyer's ice cream in cups, cones and waffle cones in an olde tyme setting. My favorite is the limited-edition holiday sundae (holidae?) with peppermint ice cream, two cookies, whipped cream and a cherry on top. It's around $7, but it's enough to serve two. To experience the best of Gibson Girl's ambiance be sure to find a seat around the lucite jade elephant (assuming it survives upcoming renovations).

3. Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich Cart (multiple locations). When your Disneyland schedule doesn't allow for a sit-down ice cream dining experience, head to one of the ODV carts serving packaged frozen novelties. My favorite is the Nestle ice cream sandwich featuring creamy vanilla ice cream between two Tollhouse chocolate chip cookies. Disney's restaurants don't offer nutritional information, but this sweet treat has the legally required table to prove that it is a meal unto itself with 520 calories and 6 grams of protein. It's half the price of a burger combo at Disneyland's restaurants yet probably twice as nutritious. (Disclaimer: Nutrition claim completely made up.)

4. Corn Dog Castle (DCA, or did it not survive the renovations?). Nobody can screw up a corndog, and one time I had one from the Corn Dog Castle at DCA and it offered perfectly adequate sustenance to keep me going. If there still is a Corn Dog Castle, I think it will be in, or at least within walking distance of, that new dining area at DCA so maybe now you'll be able to find a place to sit and relax with your dog. Dunking it in mustard will be easier than ever! I recommend pairing it with the apple slices with their refreshing crunch (and oddly futuristic expiration date) providing a contrast to the richness of the dog (with what I presume is also a very futuristic expiration date).

5. Drinking Fountain (multiple locations). Refreshment is never far away and always free when you're willing to bend down a little to get it. Pucker your lips and suck in chilled water from an array of convenient locations! And unlike the $3 bottle of Dasani at the concession stand, drinking-fountain water is municipal water and therefore regulated and tested for purity!

• formerly very helpful

I really don't eat at Disneyland for the food. It's more of the atmosphere and experience.

My favorite in the park would be Hungry Bear, sitting along the water watching the boats go by.

It's been a long time since I've eaten in DCA, so I really don't have a favorite, although when it first opened I liked the Soap Opera Bistro.

In Downtown Disney, I really like Rainforest Cafe.

• Closed Account

I'd rather eat in the Blue Bayou than anywhere else in any Disney property; the place is magic as far as I'm concerned.

My favorite secret eatery in all of DLR is White Water Snacks. I don't care how busy the resort is or how crowded the parks are, I don't think I've ever seen more than one or two other families in White Water Snacks at the same time. The food's pretty good (just burgers really) and there's never any wait.

42 miles from the Happiest Place on Earth

My favorites in Disneyland are:

1. Blue Bayou- went there for lunch recently and had the salmon. Probably the best I've ever tasted...and it is somewhat magical.

2. Plaza Inn-the food portions are huge. The chicken can be shared by 2 adults, and they have one of the best Cobb salads anywhere.

3. Cafe Orleans-The Garlic fires(can't remember exactly what they call them) are really good. You can also get a Monte Cristo like they serve in Blue Bayou cheaper.

4. Hungry Bear-just started going here recently and have to say the Fried Green Tomato Sandwich is exceptional.

I think my least favorite places are Red Rockett's Pizza Port(pasta is not good, at all) and Tomorrowland Terrace(just didn't find any of the food to be good.
    Disney bucket list:

Go to Club 33
    Tour the Walt Disney Studios
    Work for Disney

• Haunted Mansion Lover

Quote Originally Posted by Krack View Post
    My favorite secret eatery in all of DLR is White Water Snacks. I don't care how busy the resort is or how crowded the parks are, I don't think I've ever seen more than one or two other families in White Water Snacks at the same time. The food's pretty good (just burgers really) and there's never any wait.
    My family agrees, although the more we tell people the less secret it becomes!
    Foolish Mortal

42 miles from the Happiest Place on Earth

Quote Originally Posted by Krack View Post

When we stay at the GC we go there to get breakfast if we're running late. You can get bagels, oatmeal, cereal, milk, juices...and you're right, no to little wait. Love that place.
    Disney bucket list:

Go to Club 33
    Tour the Walt Disney Studios
    Work for Disney

• I'm not really here

DLR:
    Rancho del Zocalo: I love the Soft Tacos Monterey. The flavor, slight kick... all really great. And the atmosphere at sunset out side is hard to beat.

Cafe Orleans: An order of gumbo and pomme frites is never a bad thing.

Pizza Port: While it may be a cafeteria and nothing special to look at, the Countdown Chicken Fusilli is some of the best pasta you'll find.

DCA:
    Ariel's Grotto: The rigatoni is incredible here.

Wine Country Trattoria: Pretty much everything on the menu is amazing. I LOVE their lasagna and the fish.

DTD:
    Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen: The atmosphere, the live jazz and the food all combine for a great place to eat.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Haunted Mansion Lover

For Breakfast:
    River Belle Terrace- they have nice places to sit and the pancakes are very tasty!

For Snacks:
    The popcorn carts are a must stop! Collecting the popcorn buckets is an inexpensive souvenir

Lunch/Dinner:
    White Water Snacks (GC Pool Area)- they also have some amazing chicken nachos and healthy foods for the kids

Golden Horshoe: Inexpensive fried goodies like mozarella sticks, chicken fingers and fish and chips

Red Rockets Pizza Port: The pasta is great and the portion size is pretty good

Cafe Orleans: The wait can get long so get there early or make a reservation. The food is amazing especially the Monte Cristo!!!

New Orleans Square Bread Bowls: There is something about eating clam chowder from a bread bowl while watching Fantasmic!!!!!!!
    Foolish Mortal