• Insomniac

Mickey's Toon Town Adventure

With Samland's recent article about Toon Town I got an idea for a new ride in Toon Town. The lack of attractions and the little change that has occurred to the land since it's creation has made Toon Town stale to many. A new interactive ride would give new life to the area and would add to the ride count.

The ride would be a combination of TSMM technology with the classic dark ride elements of TLM. The ride would follow the story of one of 6 characters. Mickey, Goofy, Donald, Minnie, Daisy, and Oswald. The ride would feature animatronic figures with interchangeable animatronics that would change out depending on the character and the story line that the ride experience was taking. Unlike Toy Story Mania it would not all be TV screens with most utilizing projection affects that are projected on the surfaces of the ride. It would be located in the area where the circle D corral is now located and would require that Chip and Dale's tree house be torn down for the queue. The Frontierland Expansion would use the backside exterior of this attraction as a visual land mark and therefore it would not be intrusive into that area. It would also be a compact show building so that very little of the expansion area is taken up.

The vehicles would be long 6 passenger cars that all faced the same direction. The ride vehicle would change themes depending on which character experience they are going through. In front of the guests would be located individual paint canons. These canons would fire when a handle is squeezed. It would have 2 squeeze handles. One would hold paint and would be used to reveal hidden objects. The other would hold paint thinner and would erase certain targets or reveal other hidden extras. As the canons fired their paint at targets located along the attraction projectors would make it seem as though the paint were splattered where ever the canon was fired. (it would be much like it looks on Epic Mickey) When targets were hit with paint there would be objects that would pop out of hidden areas and seem as though they had been painted by the canon. If visible targets were hit with thinner they would disappear (be pulled back into a hole). Along the way there would be special bonus point collected when certain objects were either painted or found hiding behind objects that were thinned out. At the end of each adventure the tallies of bonuses would be calculated and a special award would be given to the best guest in the vehicle by the animatronic figure (this prize would be a sticker that would say the characters name and Toon Town hero (Mickey's Toon Town Hero, Oswald's Toon Town Hero, ect.).

Each character's adventure would be different but they would all involve something threatening to upset the peace in Toon Town. Mickey would face the Blot. Donald would help stop Pete and his evil plans to demolish Toon Town. Goofy would stop air born pirates in his high flying adventure. Minnie would need your help to stop the mad scientist. Daisy would try to put out the fire that Donald's nephews huey dewey and louie accidentally started when playing around the fire works factory. Oswald would help keep the city dam from bursting and destroying Toon Town.

Every character would appear in 3 locations once at the beginning, once in the middle, and once at the end to award the winner. The characters would be placed on a revolving system so One character would be visible at a time and after each car passes by the turntables would rotate to reveal the next character to the next set of guests who are experiencing a different adventure.

If you have any suggestions let me know in the comments.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Keepin' it calsteady

Re: Mickey's Toon Town Adventure

Sounds very complicated and fun! I like the idea of combining AA figures with 3-D video screens in the same ride. It would be a challenge to get it to look right, but I could see animatronics between interactive scenes to provide a plot of some kind.

Two criticisms:
    • I think two cannons would be confusing to most guests, so maybe have a "secret" button (like right-clicking) that activated the thinner for nerds like us to play with and amaze other guests.
    • There's no room for it in ToonTown, of course.

• Insomniac

It would not be 2 canons it would have 2 handles that are used for aiming and you squeeze one or the other to spray paint or thinner. It would be much like it is in Epic Mickey where one hand controls the paint while the other controls the thinner.

I put that it would go in the circle D ranch area that is to the East of Toon Town. I know that this area has been set aside for the Frontierland Expansion but Frontierland in my opinion needs more attractions less than Toon Town does. Also the ride would only take up a portion of the area and there would still be plenty of space to put in at least one large attraction. I tried to put a google earth image photoshoped to show where I'm talking about but it wouldn't let me load the image for some reason. The attraction would be built high enough that the service road that currently runs along the side of Toon Town could still be used with the show building and queue above the road.

The ride would use multiple small video screens but most of the large visual effects would be done by the projectors. Kind of like the section in the little mermaid where you go under the sea and it has projections of water there would be projections on all walls and surfaces that helped to make it feel as though you were in Toon Town putting out a fire, or you were flying high with Goofy in an air plane, ect. This would allow the experiences to be completely different but still utilize the same area.

• Minion

I'm assuming Blot Classic as opposed to EM's Shadow Blot, right?
    Because he really isn't used to his full potential.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentJedi View Post
    I'm assuming Blot Classic as opposed to EM's Shadow Blot, right?
    Because he really isn't used to his full potential.
    Agreed. I would also suggest adding other elements from the comics as well as characters like Scrooge and the Beagle Boys. I have never understood why Disney do not do more with the comics versions of Mickey and Donald - they are far more exciting and developed than in animation.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco21 View Post
    With Samland's recent article about Toon Town I got an idea for a new ride in Toon Town. The lack of attractions and the little change that has occurred to the land since it's creation has made Toon Town stale to many. A new interactive ride would give new life to the area and would add to the ride count.

The ride would be a combination of TSMM technology with the classic dark ride elements of TLM. The ride would follow the story of one of 6 characters. Mickey, Goofy, Donald, Minnie, Daisy, and Oswald. The ride would feature animatronic figures with interchangeable animatronics that would change out depending on the character and the story line that the ride experience was taking. Unlike Toy Story Mania it would not all be TV screens with most utilizing projection affects that are projected on the surfaces of the ride. It would be located in the area where the circle D corral is now located and would require that Chip and Dale's tree house be torn down for the queue. The Frontierland Expansion would use the backside exterior of this attraction as a visual land mark and therefore it would not be intrusive into that area. It would also be a compact show building so that very little of the expansion area is taken up.

The vehicles would be long 6 passenger cars that all faced the same direction. The ride vehicle would change themes depending on which character experience they are going through. In front of the guests would be located individual paint canons. These canons would fire when a handle is squeezed. It would have 2 squeeze handles. One would hold paint and would be used to reveal hidden objects. The other would hold paint thinner and would erase certain targets or reveal other hidden extras. As the canons fired their paint at targets located along the attraction projectors would make it seem as though the paint were splattered where ever the canon was fired. (it would be much like it looks on Epic Mickey) When targets were hit with paint there would be objects that would pop out of hidden areas and seem as though they had been painted by the canon. If visible targets were hit with thinner they would disappear (be pulled back into a hole). Along the way there would be special bonus point collected when certain objects were either painted or found hiding behind objects that were thinned out. At the end of each adventure the tallies of bonuses would be calculated and a special award would be given to the best guest in the vehicle by the animatronic figure (this prize would be a sticker that would say the characters name and Toon Town hero (Mickey's Toon Town Hero, Oswald's Toon Town Hero, ect.).

Each character's adventure would be different but they would all involve something threatening to upset the peace in Toon Town. Mickey would face the Blot. Donald would help stop Pete and his evil plans to demolish Toon Town. Goofy would stop air born pirates in his high flying adventure. Minnie would need your help to stop the mad scientist. Daisy would try to put out the fire that Donald's nephews huey dewey and louie accidentally started when playing around the fire works factory. Oswald would help keep the city dam from bursting and destroying Toon Town.

Every character would appear in 3 locations once at the beginning, once in the middle, and once at the end to award the winner. The characters would be placed on a revolving system so One character would be visible at a time and after each car passes by the turntables would rotate to reveal the next character to the next set of guests who are experiencing a different adventure.

If you have any suggestions let me know in the comments.
    I like it a lot. However I'd rather see a more passive attraction in the same spirit of Pirates.....maybe Mickey and the Beanstalk.

Quote Originally Posted by bee1000 View Post
    [*]There's no room for it in ToonTown, of course.[/LIST]
    Put it on the roof of small world (strengthen said roof if need be)
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    Agreed. I would also suggest adding other elements from the comics as well as characters like Scrooge and the Beagle Boys. I have never understood why Disney do not do more with the comics versions of Mickey and Donald - they are far more exciting and developed than in animation.
    Yeah, it's like Comic and TV Animation are second class citizens as far as Disney media goes. Comics aren't as huge in the US as they are in Europe and besides the Disney Afternoon/Pixar stuff that Boom was making we really weren't writing any new Disney comics anymore. Meanwhile, Disney does not give a crap about any of their animated shows besides what's currently making them money. They've never finished the DVD releases of any of the Disney Afternoon shows they started and made two seasons of KP a Movie Club exclusive, while with Phineas and Ferb, they don't think season sets will sell despite the huge amounts of merch for older viewers like all the Perry shirts and stuff.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr

• Insomniac

Thanks for the ideas guys. Although putting the ride on top of SW is a creative solution, I doubt Disney would ever close down SW for any long period of time or green light the project with that much cost.

My idea is to use the area in the circle d ranch. The service road would have a bridge that the queue would go over. But in order for the road to still be used if trucks, cranes, ect needed to go through and they are too tall to fit under the bridge the bridge of the queue can be raised like a draw bridge.

The area would be small about the size of RRCS. This would allow the area taking up circle d to be minimul. The backside of the building would be themed to the new Frontierland expansion.

I have not read any of the comic books but if they are as good as you say maybe I'll have to look into it. Keep the ideas coming. I was going to upload some pictures of concept drawings but for some reason Micechat won't let me upload pictures anymore? Does anyone know a free website I can upload the pictures to?

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco21 View Post
    I have not read any of the comic books but if they are as good as you say maybe I'll have to look into it.
    If you do, avoid most of Boom's output. Search for anything published by Gladstone and anything written and drawn by Carl Barks or Don Rosa.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    If you do, avoid most of Boom's output. Search for anything published by Gladstone and anything written and drawn by Carl Barks or Don Rosa.
    The Casty stuff Boom printed here and some of the stuff when they shifted back to classics reprints in the main titles weren't that bad though. Also Darkwing.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr

• Senior Monorail Minion

Sounds great. I think having the two trigger option allows for those who are older who may be looking for an activity while their younger siblings meet characters the ability to stay in TT rather than leave, and overall will attract an older audience the what, IMO, is one of the best-themed lands inside DL today.

I think it's fantastic that the plan includes a classic dark ride theme and physical audio-animatronics. Those truly bring a lot to the experience.

I have only a two suggestions:

1. Keep it to one story line. This will prevent confusion among guests who are trying to improve their score. Plus, it will mean less down-time and lower cost because you will not be attempting to overlay multiple stories. It will also allow for richer, more in-depth theming

2. Make the queue go under the road through a themed entrance, as the drawbridge concept might not work as well as it may seem on paper.

It's a fantastic idea!
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

It's an interesting idea, but it sounds a bit too complex.

I also have always thought that the Chip and Dale Treehouse should be removed so they could better utilize that space for a future attraction. It always makes me sad that Roger Rabbit is really the only ride back there worth seeing. Toontown desperately needs something new and exciting and I think a new dark ride or something back in that area would be a good fit.

Love it

Keep it to 6 story lines I mean theres 50 in star tours!!!!

either way Oswald needs to get in the parks
    Last edited by 9906; 09-24-2011 at 02:36 AM.